OFFICIAL Droid X 2.2 Solutions/Issues Thread

Ag3nt X

Reaction score
just turn off leave off for a min then turn back on pulling the battery is not a bad idea though. Try that and see if that works for you...

wesford9

Reaction score
Okay thanks. Was it flickering mainly in the browser for you? Or flickering when doing any kind of scrolling, like through contacts or setting menus?

snake9

Reaction score
@Ag3nt X- did factory reset and update continues to go half way then goes into clockwork recovery. Any other ideas??

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Very nice, I am still on leaked 2.2 release 1. So if you people who are installing now can tell me 1) Any FC on the battery history once you click on the green battery 2) Can you calibrate the compass under the location menu.
Compass calibrated for me, though it did take awhile and MANY rotations on each axis.

The FC on the "after touching the green battery" is still there :(

The application Settings (process com.android.settings) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

:(

Cool thanks man compass never worked for me on 2.2 just keep trying and trying and it finally went red. And that really sucks on the battery thing, that was the only other issue I had on the leak version. Don't think I am going to sbf and upgrade just yet then.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Updated my X to 2.2 last night at midnight and I just now noticed that vibrate is as quiet as the X can get at the moment?? Volume down button only lowers the volume to a minimum of "Vibrate." Anyone else seeing this?

Also, when clicking in the text field of a text message, the text that I have already typed seems to flicker white, making it hard to see if I need to scroll up through the message to edit it. Big problem? No. Annoying? Yes.

^^^It only does this in landscape mode. When I have the phone upright in portrait and click in the text area, the whole text box lights up red (and text turns to white) and allows me to scroll through the text. However, in landscape the textbox doesn't light up red and the text just turns white, making it hard to see on a WHITE background.

For the vibrate thing if you go into the options and under vibrate set it to never instead of only in silent mode.

barski

Reaction score
Here is what fixed all my Froyo problems.

1. Installed 2.2.
- then had problems
2. Installed astro file manager free, and backed up all apps
3. Did a hard reset.
- shut phone off, then hold power and home key, then reset.
4. After it booted it up, i bypassed the activation with the 4 corners trick, installed astro file manager and brought back all my apps.

That fixed all MY problems, screen lock works like it should, no lag, and ITS NICE.dancedroid

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
For those having the issue with slider lock not going away I am sorry that has been an issue since the first leak. Those who have not updated do this to avoid the issue. Boot in the recovery by holding the home button and power when turning on the phone, and wipe data and cache. Then reboot the phone and go into the location and security tab and set screen lock to none, then upgrade. If you don't want to wipe data and cache you can try just making sure the setting is set to none before upgrade but not sure it will work. That is what I had to do when I did the leak version and forgot to change it. But it iwll work and you won't have that stupid slide to unlock thing if you don't want it.

Jamb

Reaction score
I got mine this morning,seems a lot faster and smoother. It took 20 minutes to download and install!

stylinxblue

Reaction score
(UPDATE: Found solution! Details on the fix at the end. Although I found the fix after a couple hours of trying, I figure I'll still post this just in case anyone might have similar problems)

Hi, does anyone know what could be the problem? I downloaded the official OTA Froyo earlier and my phone has been buggy ever since.

Few background points: never rooted my Droid X or flashed any .sbfs. Fully stock since I got it.

When it first restarted after finishing the download, after taking a long time to boot up, the first screen it would show would be the app drawer already open and if I tried to do anything but scroll up and down the apps, it would freeze.

Right off the bat I knew something had gone wrong and was not sure what to do. I have a Droid that I have rooted, flashed .sbfs, ROM'd up, OC'd, and all the good stuff, so my first instinct was to find and flash the .sbf for Droid X 2.1.

While I was waiting for the .sbf to download, I booted into recovery mode (Home+Power Buttons) and wiped data/cache in an attempt at a fix.
For some reason, that seemed to fix it and I was able to get to the activation screens.

Another problem arose, though. My 3G was nowhere to be seen and I was unable to activate my phone. Bypassing the activation screen and dialing *228 did not work, it said something about the number isn't available in my area. Any other number resulted in being transferred to having to pay per call.

At first I was wondering if there was an update to the baseband and it being broken, but it didn't look like anyone was having any problems. Then as I was going to post this, I noticed that in my status, "My Phone Number" had a number that was almost all zero's and a couple numbers.

FIX: As soon as I saw that I knew I could change that without calling any activation numbers (which I could not connect to, anyway)
by
Dialing ##Program
Entering 000000
Changing MIN and the other entry with the same exact numbers to my 10 digit phone number.

It automatically restarted after exiting and bam. 3G is back and everything is golden. I learned that trick when I first got my X and needed to manually activate my phone because Verizon's *228 or online activation wasn't working yet.

Sorry for the long story, but I hope this helps at least one person if this wall of text didn't discourage 'em! Writing out what happened made me retrace my steps and see what else I could have missed!

Not sure why the Froyo update messed up my MIN and phone number, it doesn't seem to be a common occurrence, though.

When you said to change MIN to your 10 digit number along with other entry with same numbers, what exactly did you mean? Aside from the MIN, there were no other entries with the identical # that was in the MIN box. Just wanted to confirm with because my phone had initially stayed on '1x' until I read your post and changed it. Not sure if it's me or the phone but it seems like its going back and forth from '1x' to 3G rather frequently.

bambooi

Reaction score
Has anyone has issues with the constantly preparing SD card after installing froyo when connecting to the computer under usb mass storage mode?

stylinxblue

Reaction score
so after i had changed my MIN to my 10 digit number, now i can't make or receive calls as well as texts. HELP ANYONE ??

EDIT: when i try to make an outgoing phone call, an operator pops up telling me to wait for a operator to assist me or to pay by card or lines of that sort. assistance needed ASAP please!!

Last edited:

phm115

Reaction score
I am still getting the Market "Error, try again later" message when opening Market. I took out my battery and let the phone sit for 10 minutes, yet nothing has solved this problem. Anyyyy thoughts??

stylinxblue

Reaction score
so i was going through another thread on this forum and one post caught my eyes. One user said in a post "whatever you do, DO NOT change your MIN number. Your phone will NOT work anymore and will not be able to recieve or dial calls as well as texts." Did I just get screwed??

Future24

Reaction score
My texts are out of order. Anyone know how to fix this?

My inbox goes like this:

Text from 7pm
Txt from 630 pm
Txt from 649 pm
Txt from 8 pm
Txt from 5 pm.

Its really really really annoying... and when a new text comes in its like 3rd or 4th on the list.