12:01 EST 2.2 downloading

alpha_omega98

Reaction score
Got it

I finally got the update this morning. I tried downloading it several times yesterday but there was no communication. So if you are trying to do that and it's not working, don't sweat it. You will eventually will be able to get it.

thecommish3

Reaction score
Is there anyone left in the world that hasn't gotten the update yet besides me? When I go to System Updates, it still says there is nothing available, and the Android Firmware remains at 2.1.

Droid X
Verizon
Never rooted

Scubamike

Reaction score
My battery life seems significantly better. I got almost 16 hours out of my phone yesterday before plugging it in at 10%. The screen was on for about 2:55 min and I made about 35 minutes of phone calls yesterday. Of course, I spent a lot of time checking out the flash capabilities with streaming vdeo and flash game sites during that 2:55 minutes as well. That is using the stock battery. All in all, 2.2 was everything I hoped it would be.

Reaction score
Stock Droid X (just got it Aug. 30th)

Download > 8 min.
Install > 4.5 min.
restart > 2 min.

No trouble whatsoever.

It's heaven on earth. Love all the extra features with Gmail, camera ect...

Flash 10.1 works fabulously. I love my phone. dancedroid

Reaction score
Holy crap. I'm a phone geek!
Doh.jpg

laserbiz

Reaction score
If you are on the fence about doing a rollback and getting the official update delay no longer this thing is like butter and magical compared with the leaked 2.2 OTA last month. It has drop downs to fill in menus, auto updates, is quite a bit faster, and took me less than 10 minutes of adding accounts to be fully up to speed on all my emails etc.

Great update!

So What is the easiest way to go from Leaked Version 2.2 back to 2.1 so that i can get the official 2.2 version (So that I can have some of that butter too)!

Reaction score
If you are on the fence about doing a rollback and getting the official update delay no longer this thing is like butter and magical compared with the leaked 2.2 OTA last month. It has drop downs to fill in menus, auto updates, is quite a bit faster, and took me less than 10 minutes of adding accounts to be fully up to speed on all my emails etc.

Great update!

So What is the easiest way to go from Leaked Version 2.2 back to 2.1 so that i can get the official 2.2 version (So that I can have some of that butter too)!

Don't be stealin' none of my butter!! :)

Jamb

Reaction score
There is definitely a big difference on my stock DX phone regarding battery longevity , I used today and started with music app for 2 hours, then surfed the net 30minutes,played with calendar talked to 5-6 people on the phone, read about twenty five emails. phone is at 70%. Just two days ago same routine came home 40%. I love the results with 2.2 update. dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid

Jamb

Reaction score
I asked this question earlier and didn't get an answer cause everyone was too excited about getting the update.

After the update, my phone requires me to enter a passcode after it locks. It will not let me disable this (the setting is grayed out and it says "Disabled by remote phone administrator"

Anyone have any clue what could be going on?

From what I read, it's a security feature of 2.2 if you have the native Corporate Sync setup to connect to Exchange server. (The Droid 2 does the same thing.)

The only way to bypass would be to remove the Corporate Sync account and use a 3rd party Exchange app such as Touchdown (from what I heard, anyway). I also find it a bit of a PITA to put my PIN in each time.

You save your password with Touchdown and never have to redo password after that.dancedroid

Chaosds

Reaction score
Do you have to be on wifi to get the update? Checking manually and still no update here in southwest Missouri. Driving me mad!!!

inthefad3

Reaction score
Do you have to be on wifi to get the update? Checking manually and still no update here in southwest Missouri. Driving me mad!!!

You don't. But if you have the "Sync over WiFi only" option checked, then you may have issues checking on the update when not in WiFi. What message if any do you receive?

Chaosds

Reaction score
It is stock dx, and was getting message "Check for updates not available at this time, try again later." I unchecked sync over wifi only and not getting that message, but it is just spinning forever checking. Does that mean its not available here yet?

inthefad3

Reaction score
I think so but my phone updated the first time I was able to check so I can't say for sure. Make sure you are in a good reception spot, I did read some people had other issues when not in good 3G area.