12:01 EST 2.2 downloading

sda

Reaction score
Chaosds, I have the same issue. My 'check for updates' option keeps spinning forever, even when I'm on wifi. I'm in NJ.

Anyone know a way to get around this? I'm dying to get a taste of Froyo...

DroidMomof9

Reaction score
how do you find out what version you have? This morning I changed my phone # to local and when I did my Droid X did a factory restore....

Kentech0023

Reaction score
I was having the problem when the check for update kept saying try again later and then it would spin for ever. Then I tried booting into safe mode (by holding down the menu button on boot) and the OTA update worked.

I hope this helps anybody who is having issues.

sda

Reaction score
Kentech0023, thanks a ton for your tip! Safe-mode boot worked like a charm and I got my update right away after doing a 'check for update'. My phone is now rocking Froyo...

Chaosds

Reaction score
Finally!! Checked this morning and update was available. Didn't think it was ever going to happen. So far everything seems to be working fine also. It was quick upgrade to, maybe 15 minutes.

Update: Thank god, and it will finally connect to my wireless router. Would connect to every other one I tried including one that is very same model as mine but now it works.

bgillyjcu

Reaction score
Battery life seems NO different today on 2.2 vs 2.1 yesterday.

Anyone else have input about that?

Keep the faith! I upgraded to 2.2 on Thursday and have experienced a significant improvement in battery life! dancedroid
I AM 100000% eating my comment from the other day.

Day 1 of Froyo...the release day my battery life was the same.

Day 2 and on have been a complete 180! I mean my battery life has DOUBLED. I used to get 12 hours now I'm getting 24 hours. It is UNREAL...that is with pretty good usage too! dancedroid

goracer

Reaction score
No update for me. VZW knows nothing and their highest tech support refered me to Moto. They have a bulletin on their greeting stating it will take several "WEEKS" for the update. WF? :blackberry: update took 1 hour on t-mobile. I was told updates are done in "random" batches after I explained my coworker received his at noon last wed. I asked if they had server or equipment issues and if their was an issue with my phone. I was then escelated to level 2 and being past 6pm EST there was a closed recording.

I have tried to pull every day and received the unable to check try again later msg. Yesterday I finally received retreiving update. After 24hrs I decided to pull the battery thinking it was stuck. Now i'm back at the end of the queue again. :icon_evil:

timrock

Reaction score
20 hours unplugged, still at 60%
Battery life seems NO different today on 2.2 vs 2.1 yesterday.

Anyone else have input about that?

Keep the faith! I upgraded to 2.2 on Thursday and have experienced a significant improvement in battery life! dancedroid
I AM 100000% eating my comment from the other day.

Day 1 of Froyo...the release day my battery life was the same.

Day 2 and on have been a complete 180! I mean my battery life has DOUBLED. I used to get 12 hours now I'm getting 24 hours. It is UNREAL...that is with pretty good usage too! dancedroid

LadyPhoenix

Reaction score
2.2 downladed & phn rebooted all within 15 mins w NO issues.
Pays to do this early monring ... like 2am :)

noticed ringer is louder... yeahh !

doolie

Reaction score
I was having the problem when the check for update kept saying try again later and then it would spin for ever. Then I tried booting into safe mode (by holding down the menu button on boot) and the OTA update worked.

I hope this helps anybody who is having issues.

this worked for me on the first try....downloading now, 23% and counting:) thanks for the tip!
(although I have no idea what "safe mode" is....guess I'll look it up while I'm waiting for the download to finish)

mgico

Reaction score
No update for me. VZW knows nothing and their highest tech support refered me to Moto. They have a bulletin on their greeting stating it will take several "WEEKS" for the update. WF? :blackberry: update took 1 hour on t-mobile. I was told updates are done in "random" batches after I explained my coworker received his at noon last wed. I asked if they had server or equipment issues and if their was an issue with my phone. I was then escelated to level 2 and being past 6pm EST there was a closed recording.

I have tried to pull every day and received the unable to check try again later msg. Yesterday I finally received retreiving update. After 24hrs I decided to pull the battery thinking it was stuck. Now i'm back at the end of the queue again. :icon_evil:

Went through a similar runaround on Thursday. My phone either said no update was available, kept spinning and spinning while it looked for an update, or--worst of all--after the update seemingly became available to me, said that the update was in the process of downloading, even though I could tell that no update was downloading. This went on for hours. VZW telephone tech support-- even level 2-- was worthless. (Actually, worse than worthless: the first tech support person I spoke with refused to open a trouble ticket and referred me to Motorola instead, providing a non-working number for Motorola in the process. Then, when I called back, the level 2 tech support person "helping" me said that I had to do a factory reset. Thank heaven I knew better than to do that or I would have lost hours of personalized settings.) It wasn't until I was on my way to a Verizon store to see a really good tech support person that I know that I figured out that I needed to have 3G reception in order to get the update. Prior to that I was connected via wifi, but evidently that wasn't good enough....

the5barrons

Reaction score
Download completed. Rebooted. Smooth.

Turthfully, other than the cosmetics and some of the little differences, I don't see much difference. I really wasn't a whole lot, it's only a "2.2"...not like were going to 3.0. I like the settings have gotten a little more in depth. 270* rotation is good. I could do without the extra bloat stuff, but in the end it really doesn't impact me at all. So far, satisfied.