OFFICIAL Droid X 2.2 Solutions/Issues Thread

clickitysplit

Reaction score
Can't Download From Market Because I Can't Sign into Talk

Have a brand new Droid X with 2.2 on it. I cannot sign in to Talk via wifi or 3G. It just hangs at 'Signing In.' As a result, I cannot download anything from the Market.

What can I do?

scf

Reaction score
Before anything else, power the unit off. Pull the back, then the battery. Push a couple of buttons (expends and residual voltage, dunno if it really works with the X, but I've always done it with electronics). Wait 1-2 minutes, 30 seconds will probably do, but again just a habit of mine.

Then replace the battery/cover and boot up, see if that helps.

Reaction score
Social Networking & Contacts Pictures

So, the Social Networking app (Facebook only) syncs with my contact list and I get their Facebook Picture and Facebook Status on the caller ID.

When looking at the Social Networking app, it will show me all of my friends that have changed their profile pictures, but it does not update the phone's Contact photo.

So basically, I have to remove, re-add, and then re-link all of my Contacts if I want the new pictures to take effect on the Social Networking/Contacts pictures. I have searched the phone high and low for a possible setting, but I think it's a flaw with the App. Anyone have a solution, or confirmation that it is a Motoblur problem?

Reaction score
:motdroidhoriz: HELP FREAKING OUT! Please Help!

Please forgive my anger, the injustice of the destruction the "FORCED VERIZON MANDATORY UPDATE" & their arrogance in that they own my phone & they can do what they please. I pay them a huge amount of money for their service & this is how they repay me.

Look, I pay a lot of money to my local government, but they still plow my streets, remove my trash and do other things that I don't have the means to (nor do I want them), so I am at their mercy if they plow it so I get stuck in my driveway or don't take my garbage because they won't take an old piece of scrap metal.

If you don't want to deal with Verizon and their T's&C's, then change carriers. If you have any carriers that allow you to root your phone and have good, nationwide signal strength, please let us know. You lied to the VZW technician a few times about rooting, and then get upset because they can't help you? I don't get that arguement... The reason why you can't root your phone and get support from VZW is due to the severe differences in rooted phones. Non-rooted phones are all the same and they can provide support to anyone as they know what the phone has on it. It's common sense if you ask me.

There are those that disagree with me, pretty strongly I'm sure. Fact is, just because you pay a company money for services, doesn't mean you get to run the company the way you want.

jimisbell

Reaction score
I understand your anger, but it is misplaced. If I bought a Ford and removed one of the wheels so that I would have a 3 wheeled car, then had a problem steering the thing I would not be mad at Ford, I would be mad at me. And telling the technicians a lie and then expecting help is just asinine. If they told you a lie, would you be happy with them? I think you misplaced anger is like yelling at the traffic cop that just stopped you to warn you that you had a tail light out......and then he decided to give you a ticket instead of a warning......

msu

Reaction score
This is the only thing I worry about with this new update when it its me and Titanium Backup. I like TBU, but if you can't get root, then it is worthless until you can. So I have been using Astro File Manager to back up all my apps just in case until I can get root again.

Is there a better way? I mean, I'm sure there will be a way to root (or is) 2.2.1. I really haven't looked yet. I'm waiting to take the update personally and then deal with it then.

Gene Hirschman

Reaction score
Droid X, 2.2.
All of a sudden "Gallery" will act as though its going to load briefly and then immediately go back to "for a better word" desktop mode. No matter how many times I push the icon it does the same thing.
I did remove the battery for about a minute and reinstall but that didn't accomplish anything. Any advice????? I don't think its anything that I can delete and reload since its a part of the original operating system menu.

Gene Hirschman

Reaction score
OK, I'll toot my own horn:
I removed the battery again and left it out for over 5 minutes and replaced it. It rebooted and is working perfect again.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
OK, I'll toot my own horn:
I removed the battery again and left it out for over 5 minutes and replaced it. It rebooted and is working perfect again.

That is interesting to me. Battery pulls are usually no more effective then turning the phone off and on when it comes to a Droid. Glad you got it fixed.

Gene Hirschman

Reaction score
Well, so much for tooting my horn. It worked once in a row and now its doing the same exact thing again. So I'm again begging for a solution.

jimisbell

Reaction score
Add a switch that you can press just before booting..?????

I posted earlier on this thread that I had had flawless mods on the phone. Since that post I had an Ultimate Droid flash go wrong and was able to eventually pull it back from the dreaded "Brick" precipice by getting Rummy 1.0 re installed. But in the process I lost my backup of the Factory ROM that I had carefully saved. Now I am without the ability to get back to stock. So I am now interested in a leak. Where can they be found?

Last edited:

jkt

Reaction score
Droid X, 2.2.
All of a sudden "Gallery" will act as though its going to load briefly and then immediately go back to "for a better word" desktop mode. No matter how many times I push the icon it does the same thing.
I did remove the battery for about a minute and reinstall but that didn't accomplish anything. Any advice????? I don't think its anything that I can delete and reload since its a part of the original operating system menu.

I am having the same issue. It started about a week ago. Hoping someone has a solution for this. Thanks

Gene Hirschman

Reaction score
I found that I had either a corrupted or non-compatible picture file recently loaded that caused my problem. Once I removed the latest loaded pictures the problem went away.
In the meantime, you can download an app that does the same function. There are several available. And they will work as expected.

jkt

Reaction score
I found that I had either a corrupted or non-compatible picture file recently loaded that caused my problem. Once I removed the latest loaded pictures the problem went away.
In the meantime, you can download an app that does the same function. There are several available. And they will work as expected.

I will try that when I get home tonight. Worst case I will use one of the apps you mentioned. Thanks for the help.

jimisbell

Reaction score
Since installing Gummyjar I have been unable to use the camera and for some reason have two "Galleries" neither of them show the pictures taken by the camera and the video camera just doesnt work at all. I gave up on it altogether and now carry a separate camera for that function that is now dead on the X. Everything else works and I like the speed so wont go back....as long as I dont need the camera.