OFFICIAL Droid X 2.2 Solutions/Issues Thread

Zael

Reaction score
I'm having an issue with the galaxy live wall paper. I don't know who to blame, 2.2, launcherpro, or the wallpaper. When in portrait mode the wallpaper displays perfectly, but when I switch to landscape, the wallpaper zooms in to the center of the galaxy and the whole thing becomes way too bright. This never happened in 2.1, and doesn't happen to other live wallpapers in 2.2. Anybody else having this issue, and/or have a solution?

P.S. Really loving the new landscape keyboard. I hated not seeing where I was typing in 2.1.

Goalier95

Reaction score
Swype keyboard

What happened to the dark keys after the 2.2 update? it's now smaller...

yurdle

Reaction score
Market just provides an update flash come preloaded

parkbsu

Reaction score
+1 ...

I signed up for the Swype beta program, so I have the installer file - can I download that on the X and replace it so it has the original color scheme? BTW, not rooted, so I won't be able to make a backup and test things out, just wondering if I can install the beta over the pre-loaded version.

What happened to the dark keys after the 2.2 update? it's now smaller...

myglassprison126

Reaction score
Did they remove the full screen visualization when you are listing to music and click on the album art, or did they just move it in the 2.2 update?

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I don't know how that would be, unless they changed that completely. Were you rooted with 2.2 leak and have flash already?

Regardless, there is a newer version in the market.

I am sure some things were changed between the leaked 2.2 and this official... one of those things is obviously the inclusion of flash in the update.
The Flash Player WAS INDEED in the OTA update. Before I allowed the update, I was rooted on 2.1-update1. And I used Root Explorer to do some checking of things out and there was a folder in there that wasn't there before the download of the OTA started. Folder was called /Preinstall
And inside there, sure enough FlashPlayer.apk was found.
Which makes sense because Flash was not supported on 2.1, so it wouldn't/couldn't have been there previously.

I don't want to argue this, just sayin'.

As far as updating, like others have mentioned, simply update it in the market. Not totally sure what the update does, but could very well be performance increases and maybe even a fix to the security issues mentioned the other day.

kdkinc

Reaction score
Very nice, I am still on leaked 2.2 release 1. So if you people who are installing now can tell me 1) Any FC on the battery history once you click on the green battery 2) Can you calibrate the compass under the location menu.

lol forgot about that nice battery feature. Lets you know whats a battery hog
:icon_eek::icon_eek:

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Very nice, I am still on leaked 2.2 release 1. So if you people who are installing now can tell me 1) Any FC on the battery history once you click on the green battery 2) Can you calibrate the compass under the location menu.
Compass calibrated for me, though it did take awhile and MANY rotations on each axis.

The FC on the "after touching the green battery" is still there :(

The application Settings (process com.android.settings) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

:(

jwimsett

Reaction score
Security pattern

After doing the OTA this morning, I can't use the pattern security feature. In my securitu settings, pattern is grayed out and it says "disabled by remote phone administrator."

Anyone else see this? Any suggestions?

churchbear

Reaction score
No suggestions but it pisses me off.... I found the same thing this morning after the update.

I hate the number-game to lock my phone and what's this about the administrator of my phone being my company's exchange server? (That REALLY cranks me!)

I think it's time I log into our exchange server (I'm an admin but not in charge of this device) and start poking around...

Release your control on me!!

HallertauRogue

Reaction score
I noticed the same thing this morning with the "none" and "pattern" options being disabled remotely. However, when I unlock my screen, it doesn't ask for my pin. It did the first time, but since then it doesn't show up. Strange.

Correction, the phone has me input my pin when I boot, but after that it isn't required even when I wake it.

Correction #2: it does ask for it...after the 15 min interval has passed.

Last edited:

philnolan3d

Reaction score
I can't get the USB driver to install on Vista after the 2.2 update I don't get it. I made sure I have the latest SDK downloaded, used that to download the latest USB driver, but when I plug it in and point Windows at that folder it says it didn't find a driver there and "failed". It worked fine before.