OFFICIAL Droid X 2.2 Solutions/Issues Thread

tomnationwide

Reaction score
I just downloaded the ota 2.2 update and really want flash on here and im wondering where get it.

It's been explained twice so far in the three pages of this thread. Perhaps if you read in the future you will solve your problem.

It's installed already but there's an update available in the market.

WizBang75

Reaction score
I am running 2.2 (The leaked version). So far, no OTA has become available, and nothing when I check for system updates. Will I be elligible for the OTA if my system is running the leaked 2.2?

keith204

Reaction score
looks like it asks for the PIN after 15 minutes of being off. I'm experiencing the same problem setting up a lock too. If I go to "Select device administrators" all I see is "Corporate Sync" and I can't set, add, or delete administrators on my own personal phone. This is weird....

dono

Reaction score
Droid X Official OTA Froyo Upgrade Broke 3G? (Fixed)

(UPDATE: Found solution! Details on the fix at the end. Although I found the fix after a couple hours of trying, I figure I'll still post this just in case anyone might have similar problems)

Hi, does anyone know what could be the problem? I downloaded the official OTA Froyo earlier and my phone has been buggy ever since.

Few background points: never rooted my Droid X or flashed any .sbfs. Fully stock since I got it.

When it first restarted after finishing the download, after taking a long time to boot up, the first screen it would show would be the app drawer already open and if I tried to do anything but scroll up and down the apps, it would freeze.

Right off the bat I knew something had gone wrong and was not sure what to do. I have a Droid that I have rooted, flashed .sbfs, ROM'd up, OC'd, and all the good stuff, so my first instinct was to find and flash the .sbf for Droid X 2.1.

While I was waiting for the .sbf to download, I booted into recovery mode (Home+Power Buttons) and wiped data/cache in an attempt at a fix.
For some reason, that seemed to fix it and I was able to get to the activation screens.

Another problem arose, though. My 3G was nowhere to be seen and I was unable to activate my phone. Bypassing the activation screen and dialing *228 did not work, it said something about the number isn't available in my area. Any other number resulted in being transferred to having to pay per call.

At first I was wondering if there was an update to the baseband and it being broken, but it didn't look like anyone was having any problems. Then as I was going to post this, I noticed that in my status, "My Phone Number" had a number that was almost all zero's and a couple numbers.

FIX: As soon as I saw that I knew I could change that without calling any activation numbers (which I could not connect to, anyway)
by
Dialing ##Program
Entering 000000
Changing MIN and the other entry with the same exact numbers to my 10 digit phone number.

It automatically restarted after exiting and bam. 3G is back and everything is golden. I learned that trick when I first got my X and needed to manually activate my phone because Verizon's *228 or online activation wasn't working yet.

Sorry for the long story, but I hope this helps at least one person if this wall of text didn't discourage 'em! Writing out what happened made me retrace my steps and see what else I could have missed!

Not sure why the Froyo update messed up my MIN and phone number, it doesn't seem to be a common occurrence, though.

philnolan3d

Reaction score
I am running 2.2 (The leaked version). So far, no OTA has become available, and nothing when I check for system updates. Will I be elligible for the OTA if my system is running the leaked 2.2?

As I understand it no you have to go back to 2.1. I wouldn't know how to do that though.

I just downloaded the ota 2.2 update and really want flash on here and im wondering where get it.

It's been explained twice so far in the three pages of this thread. Perhaps if you read in the future you will solve your problem.

It's installed already but there's an update available in the market.

I didn't have it installed either (so I thought) so I went to the Market and found it. The problem is probably that it only installs into the default browser while I and many others use Dolphin.

timrock

Reaction score
after installing the update, i watched a video using rockplayer, it seems as though the backlight or video goes dim after watching about 5 minutes. this never happened before. the screen doesnt go blank, it just gets dimmer, as if its on some sort of brightness timer or something.

garath

Reaction score
This has the be a bug. No other phones in my corporation have their security features controlled by exchange.

HallertauRogue

Reaction score
I solved it! It is an activesync "quirk", not a fault of the phone or the 2.2 update.

You have to delete any previous phone sync data/profiles from your exchange account. I did this by logging into my webmail app, navigating to options > phone and deleting all instances of phone sync info. I rebooted my phone, synced up with corporate sync, then went to settings for screen lock. All options were available.

philnolan3d

Reaction score
USB driver not working after 2.2 update

I ran the update and was going to take a screenshot of flash in the browser to shove in the face of some iPhone uers (LOL) and when I connected my phone it didn't find the driver. Which is strange sisnce it worked fine before. So I figured I must need the 2.2 SDK update, downloaded that, made sure I downloaded and installed the latest USB driver in the SDk. Connected my phone and it still didn't find the driver. I even pointed it at the folder for it in the SDK directory, still doesn't see it.

Any ideas?

garath

Reaction score
I solved it! It is an activesync "quirk", not a fault of the phone or the 2.2 update.

You have to delete any previous phone sync data/profiles from your exchange account. I did this by logging into my webmail app, navigating to options > phone and deleting all instances of phone sync info. I rebooted my phone, synced up with corporate sync, then went to settings for screen lock. All options were available.

You're a genius. :)

Daali

Reaction score
I took the sdk updates to no avail. What did work was the 4.7.1 driver install from the motorola site!!!

After that install(motoconnect)...adb interface popped up installed. Went straight to adb shell and rooted.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

kcoram

Reaction score

Thank you! This worked for me as well.

-KC

philnolan3d

Reaction score
I got that the driver from the Motorola website works, beyond that I have no idea what you're saying. Thanks.

jwimsett

Reaction score
Vibrate

When using the volume key to put the phone into silent mode, it only seems to go to vibrate... and when in the Verizon wireless screen with the unlock and sound slide bars, if you move the slide bar to the right it says "phone is silent" and displays the silent icon, but on the top task bar it still indicates its on vibrate. Hopefully I won't have to listen to my phone vibrate against my wood dresser all night.