OFFICIAL Droid X 2.2 Solutions/Issues Thread

newtodroidx

Reaction score
I cant seem to get 2.2 froyo this is really annoying me as i have been waiting forever as so have all of you. my problem was that every time i went to system update it said check for update is not available at this time now it just says checking for updates forever and doesnt stop any ideas?

I had this same problem this morning when I went to download the new 2.2. Make sure that under settings>data>data delivery>social applications that sync over WiFi is unchecked, now I did that and then it said checking for updates and was on for what seemed like forever...so what I did was I powered the phone off and then turned it on and went to system updates and it ten found the update very quickly and I was able to download. Hope it helps.

R2ME2

Reaction score
My phone is bugging out!!!

- Music volume going up and down uncontrollably

- After getting off calls, my phone goes back to the loc screen.

- Flash sites not working at all (ESPN, HBO, for example)

- When I depress a contact, it gives me the wrong contact.

Lets Tighten up VZW!!!!

bignuttz

Reaction score
OTA then sbf bricked my phone. Hopefully a new sbf will come out soon.

vibeofboston

Reaction score
i still don't understand what folks mean by removing exchange profiles.
i did a hard factory reset. i got only gmail account and no corporate accounts. but still i can't get rid the screen lock/pattern combo.

what am i missing.

wesford9

Reaction score
I have an issue after I updated to Froyo. Now when I scroll I see a band of flicker that is barely noticeable. You can see it best when you have a browser open and scroll quickly on a white background. On my phone it is about 2/3rds down from the top of the screen in a portrait mode. It was definitely not there before the update. It seems to flicker the text to where it looks as though the pixels are showing a banding pattern of horizontal lines in that section. It is similar to watching a video where the deinterlace is not turned on and quick motion causes this pattern. Anyone else seeing this with quick scrolling? It is kind of annoying.

YESS!!! I see this too. It's not just "kind of" annoying for me. I can't stand it. I would rather forget about flash and use 2.1 than have to deal with flickering!! Anyone else notice this? I particularly see it when scrolling through the setting menus more so than the browser.

ultrastigi

Reaction score
I factory reset my phone. And it still won't install.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

snake9

Reaction score
I can't install 2.2. update. Says install failed, I'm on 2.1 rooted, I unrooted and it still won't update. When I reboot or do a battery pull it goes to clockwork recovery, any ideas as to what's wrong???

Ag3nt X

Reaction score
i did a hard factory reset. i got only gmail account and no corporate accounts. but still i can't get rid the screen lock/pattern combo.

what am i missing.

You are not looking in the right place
settings
location & security From there you will see the set up lock screen function use it to turn it off and you will be golden.

Ag3nt X

Reaction score
I can't install 2.2. update. Says install failed, I'm on 2.1 rooted, I unrooted and it still won't update. When I reboot or do a battery pull it goes to clockwork recovery, any ideas as to what's wrong???

Have you tried to use the Recovery function?

jark

Reaction score
Droid X scrolling flicker

I have an issue after I updated to Froyo. Now when I scroll I see a band of flicker that is barely noticeable. You can see it best when you have a browser open and scroll quickly on a white background. On my phone it is about 2/3rds down from the top of the screen in a portrait mode. It was definitely not there before the update. It seems to flicker the text to where it looks as though the pixels are showing a banding pattern of horizontal lines in that section. It is similar to watching a video where the deinterlace is not turned on and quick motion causes this pattern. Anyone else seeing this with quick scrolling? It is kind of annoying.

YESS!!! I see this too. It's not just "kind of" annoying for me. I can't stand it. I would rather forget about flash and use 2.1 than have to deal with flickering!! Anyone else notice this? I particularly see it when scrolling through the setting menus more so than the browser.

It is bothering me now more than ever. I hope it is software related and not like the screen issues that were had with the first update which were hardware. I see it with any fast scrolling on any page.

Ag3nt X

Reaction score

It is bothering me now more than ever. I hope it is software related and not like the screen issues that were had with the first update which were hardware. I see it with any fast scrolling on any page.

Try rebooting a few times. I noticed this initally but after 5-6 hours and a few reboots it is smooth as can be.

vibeofboston

Reaction score

what am i missing.

You are not looking in the right place
settings
location & security From there you will see the set up lock screen function use it to turn it off and you will be golden.

i did exactly that. the only thing i can do is add a pattern, pin or password. when do any of that, the slider still comes up and then either pattern/pin/password depending what i chose.

i want the slider to go away and just have the pattern/pin/password.

wesford9

Reaction score

Try rebooting a few times. I noticed this initally but after 5-6 hours and a few reboots it is smooth as can be.

I hope you are right. I am rebooting now to see if it will fix this issue. Another thing that I have noticed is when I have the phone in landscape mode and am typing a text, if I click in the text box to scroll through in order to edit the text I just typed, the text turns white and the background stays white. Normally, like in portrait mode, the text box background will turn red, and you can see the white text. In landscape, the text and background are white, so you can barely see the text! Anyone else notice this issue? Maybe the reboot will fix this as well.

jark

Reaction score

I also just now noticed that if you go to a site like google news and lay the droid x in "landscape mode" that when you scroll that same band shows up in the form of that part of the screen lagging behind the rest of the screen. So when scrolling the page now looks disjointed and you can see that part of the screen is now lower or higher than the other part of the screen depending on the scroll direction. I apologize to anyone that didn't notice this until this post!