OFFICIAL Droid X 2.2 Solutions/Issues Thread

wesford9

Reaction score
YESS!!! I see this too. It's not just "kind of" annoying for me. I can't stand it. I would rather forget about flash and use 2.1 than have to deal with flickering!! Anyone else notice this? I particularly see it when scrolling through the setting menus more so than the browser.

It is bothering me now more than ever. I hope it is software related and not like the screen issues that were had with the first update which were hardware. I see it with any fast scrolling on any page.

I also just now noticed that if you go to a site like google news and lay the droid x in "landscape mode" that when you scroll that same band shows up in the form of that part of the screen lagging behind the rest of the screen. So when scrolling the page now looks disjointed and you can see that part of the screen is now lower or higher than the other part of the screen depending on the scroll direction. I apologize to anyone that didn't notice this until this post!

I actually noticed this in v2.1... It looked like the right side of the screen's text couldn't keep up with the left side text when scrolling. I still see that as well in 2.2... What I was referring to earlier was something a little different. It is more noticable in the setting menus. Give scrolling a try in the setting menus and see if you notice any "sketchy" text about 2/3 the way down the screen...

Ag3nt X

Reaction score
uhh you can adjust the screen timeout so that it does not time out. I don't think there is a way to disable the slider now..

Cyberpolice

Reaction score
After I updated the phone to 2.2 my battery is draining quickly. Anyone having this issue.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

jark

Reaction score
It is bothering me now more than ever. I hope it is software related and not like the screen issues that were had with the first update which were hardware. I see it with any fast scrolling on any page.

I also just now noticed that if you go to a site like google news and lay the droid x in "landscape mode" that when you scroll that same band shows up in the form of that part of the screen lagging behind the rest of the screen. So when scrolling the page now looks disjointed and you can see that part of the screen is now lower or higher than the other part of the screen depending on the scroll direction. I apologize to anyone that didn't notice this until this post!

I actually noticed this in v2.1... It looked like the right side of the screen's text couldn't keep up with the left side text when scrolling. I still see that as well in 2.2... What I was referring to earlier was something a little different. It is more noticable in the setting menus. Give scrolling a try in the setting menus and see if you notice any "sketchy" text about 2/3 the way down the screen...

confirmed, I see what you are describing.

Ag3nt X

Reaction score
i still don't understand what folks mean by removing exchange profiles.
i did a hard factory reset. i got only gmail account and no corporate accounts. but still i can't get rid the screen lock/pattern combo.

what am i missing.

You are not looking in the right place
settings
location & security From there you will see the set up lock screen function use it to turn it off and you will be golden.

i did exactly that. the only thing i can do is add a pattern, pin or password. when do any of that, the slider still comes up and then either pattern/pin/password depending what i chose.

i want the slider to go away and just have the pattern/pin/password.

The solution go to the market and search for keyguard disabler

snake9

Reaction score
@ Ag3nt x- still no luck. It's seems that when it's installing the update it goes half way thru and then goes into clockwork recovery :(

alucard454

Reaction score

i absolutely do not see ANY of the behaviors that you guys are discussing. never saw any of that in 2.1 and especially do not see it now. i think perhaps you might have a hardware problem. maybe some of those early "bad" screens were only partially bad. what you guys are experiencing does not at all sound like a software problem, and the fact that some (most?) of us are not experiencing it only backs that up.

i'd call *611 right away and have vzw send you a replacement phone post haste.

good luck and bobspeed.

sydokun

Reaction score
I think i found a way to disable passcode lock.

enter the wrong passcode 5 times it will prompt you for your gmail account. put your info in then it will have you type a new passcode. instead of typing a new code hit cancel. This has seemed to work for me and it is not prompted me for it since

wesford9

Reaction score

i absolutely do not see ANY of the behaviors that you guys are discussing. never saw any of that in 2.1 and especially do not see it now. i think perhaps you might have a hardware problem. maybe some of those early "bad" screens were only partially bad. what you guys are experiencing does not at all sound like a software problem, and the fact that some (most?) of us are not experiencing it only backs that up.

good luck and bobspeed.

I just got the phone a week ago :sad:
I would hate to know that I have a bad hardware problem...

Ag3nt X

Reaction score
@ Ag3nt x- still no luck. It's seems that when it's installing the update it goes half way thru and then goes into clockwork recovery :(

You need to do a Master Reset then try the update...

Ag3nt X

Reaction score

good luck and bobspeed.

I just got the phone a week ago :sad:
I would hate to know that I have a bad hardware problem...

Give the new update some time do a few reboots over the next few hours and you should be fine.

wesford9

Reaction score
Give the new update some time do a few reboots over the next few hours and you should be fine.

Okay I hope you're right. When you say reboot, do you meen power off and then power back on, or do I need to do a battery pull and wait 5-10 minutes each time? Sorry i'm a recovering blackberry user and all i was used to with blackberrys was "battery pull after battery pull after battery pull." Thanks

pilot25

Reaction score
It still doesn't sleep after using the GPS and maps. Killing the battery. Engineers know about the problem and failed to fix it.

My last moto device ever!!