Froyo to Droid X delayed 2-3 weeks...

OP
T

tomnationwide

Reaction score
I won't be surprised either way. I just hope 2.2 is repacked right away so we here get the latest update quickly as well.

Xpain

Reaction score
Rumors: Android 2.2 for DROID X Delayed? Or Rolling Out Now? | Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

To summarize: 2.2 is having a problem with Exchange on the Droid X and is being held up until the issue is fixed. If the issue exists then it also exists on the leaked rom.
Wow... lame. My leaked 2.2 has 0 issues, and stable as hell!! You know what?, I'm just gonna make a global announcement and I say that I won't allow Motorola employees / investors to update to "2.2 leaked" if they have "2.2 official" since there isn't a path from "2.2 official" to "2.2 leak"... lmao :icon_ banana: (I'll probably regret making fun of "2.2 official" sooner than later, but whatever...)

Tower101

Reaction score
apparently still running into Exchange issues, some of which are wiping security policies when moving from 2.1 to 2.2.

Well it may be true as updating to the leaked 2.2 did exactly that for me. Not that I mind not having to put in a password every time I unlocked my X but the security policies for my exchange service does indeed require it.

OP
T

tomnationwide

Reaction score
apparently still running into Exchange issues, some of which are wiping security policies when moving from 2.1 to 2.2.

Well it may be true as updating to the leaked 2.2 did exactly that for me. Not that I mind not having to put in a password every time I unlocked my X but the security policies for my exchange service does indeed require it.

Then it may be true and security is a very important part so this may be accurate.

cleopete

Reaction score
Please Moto, could I have the broken upgrade, with Flash, automatic updates, and a really sweet performance boost then? I don't use Exchange anyway so I really don't mind, you guys don't have to stop fixing it to push what you got, do you? *sigh*

Mavix

Reaction score
I suppose I'll have to wait...

I think by the time Froyo comes out, I'll have mastered the DX.

Porterhouse0

Reaction score
i dont care what the hell they are fixing as long as they fix the ringer/notification volume on the $500 dollar phone i bought from them...dancedroid

mjsplicer78

Reaction score
This is ridiculous. It's like the people, at least we ASSume they're people, working for Moto decided to make an update and then instead just went and had some lunch:icon_evil:

Some people say that he knows 2 facts about ducks and that they are both wrong

Reaction score
I have had ZERO issues with Exchange Security on my leaked 2.2 Froyo. Maybe since the leak, they plugged one hole only to make 3 others appear?

Amagine

Reaction score
maybe they should just give up on exchange for the 2.2 shelve it for gingerbread (3.0)

and the ringer issue is partly due to the super low amplitude they put on the ringer files on.
If I have one that's boosted (i adjust the mp3's via audacity) it's fine.

but the vibration is super weak compared to my old storm 2.

I kinda wish you could push the ringer/notification out the earbuds. being part deaf.. this would rock as I would hear the phone and alarm easily and be able to save my hearing aid battery's juice over night...
yea!
somebody make an app for that!