"Official"? Bionic battery life thread

713King

Reaction score
something is seriously wrong with my battery.
took 3.5 hours to charge to 100% and now I'm 40 minutes off the charger and down to 70%.
There was 1 10minute GTalk video call in there.. but otherwise just basic stuff, webpages texting etc.

also, my display is 32%... I have it on auto dimming

Try to drain battery all the way down again and recharge and see if it still does the same.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Try to drain battery all the way down again and recharge and see if it still does the same.

No need usually with lithium-ion batteries

This thread has been Thunder struck!!

Tegamal

Reaction score
Running the extended battery here. First day off to play with my new toy. Spent it reinstalling apps, setting up home screens, playing around with Zumocast, mostly on wifi or 3G, breakfast at an Eat n Park with no signal, so of course it was searching.

15h 21mins I was at 50%, I'd say I'm happy!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
True. Could also be a bad battry though :)

This thread has been Thunder struck!!

Gremlin

Reaction score
So what Battery mode are you guys using?? First day battery worked as it is supposed to.. but now.. both batteries are dying quickly.. Cell standby goes to 43% ...

TeeX

Reaction score
ya Cell Standby is always the top user for some reason. Even my first day of HEAVY use, with 4.5 hours of display/ screen on, Cell Standby was the most usage. It wasn't that way with my DX.

any suggestions, anyone?

Dougw133

Reaction score
Where are u guys getting the extended battery? My store didn't have any accessories

kman79

Reaction score
First real battery test for standard battery.

Took it off the charger yesterday afternoon around 5:35 PM and it is at 5% today at 7:45 AM. Roughly about 14 hours and ten minutes from full charge to 5%. Display was on for 2 hours and 13 minutes, mostly due to netflix viewing. Like most of you cell standby percentage is quite high and I don't know why.

For comparison, my DX would have about 30-35% on battery in the same situation. LTE is definitely using up a lot more juice than 3G. With that said, I had zero issues with 4G/LTE while at work last night at the hospital. Had a few coworkers with iPhones wishing they had signal like I did, probably AT&T iPhones :p

scdown

Reaction score
Charged overnight Thursday, left off charger Friday. With light usage (browsing, email, about 1 hour of phone calls), and then some games and benchmarks in the evening, I got 14:50 before the battery completely drained.

Did this test with wifi disabled and 4g enabled.

cjsmoove

Reaction score
Took mine off the charger at 5:30 am and it completely shut down around 4:40 pm and this is with setting it up, a few phone calls,text,browsing, experiencing Android coming from a Blackberry. I would of considered my usage moderate...almost 12 hours is very good for this LTE super service, with the standard battery as well.

jseah

Reaction score
Where are u guys getting the extended battery? My store didn't have any accessories

When I picked up the Bionic for my son yesterday, the store was out of the extended battery. I guess the half price deal is too good for people to pass up. They had to order it for me and it will be shipped to my house.

brandonsmash

Reaction score
I picked up my Bionic on launch day. Yesterday with moderate usage it made it from about 8:00AM until around 1:00PM, at which point it was in the yellow. I'm rather disappointed.

jasondeg

Reaction score
After a first night full charge, it looks like it's running about 10% drop / hour. I pulled it from the charger at 6am and by 10am it's 60% under medium use. Some Bluetooth in the car, lots of email (corp push) & texting - particularly re-setting up one of my accounts. Wifi & GPS off. Some music for a little while. Std battery. Think I'll look into extended battery, but I'm at a desk job, so I can plug in often during the day. Oh and my 4G is non-existent at my house and variable at work, so not a great 4G signal.

I think you would get much better battery life if you turned off 4G signal when you can't get it