"Official"? Bionic battery life thread

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey Mods- How about we start an official battery life thread for people to report how that is going? That is a big question for a lot of people sitting on the sideline about this phone. Most other 4G LTE on VZW phones so far have been big battery hogs. If the battery life is way better, more people may want to jump from their current phone to this new kid. People need to be their own judge of "light, moderate, heavy" use of the phone to give us a good comparison. Please also always let us know if you are on 4G all the time, only in a 3G area, in a "fringe area" where it will switch back and forth on it's own, or if you manually turn off 4G most of the time.
Just a thought.

Please see post #322 for a template to use to standardize phone settings and usage. This will make it easier to see if your settings are in line with others that have better or worse battery life than you do. Thanks to Psychlone for coming up with this.

Last edited:

sk102704

Reaction score
Ive had mine off the charger for about 3 hours of heavy use. Virtually been playing with it non stop mostly on wifi but some 4g and I used the navigation for about 10 minutes and I'm at 70%

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Bitterbeard

Reaction score
I got the extended battery and waiting for it to charge fully before running into the wild with it. I'll report my mileage and usage here if another thread doesn't get pinned up.

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
I got the extended battery and waiting for it to charge fully before running into the wild with it. I'll report my mileage and usage here if another thread doesn't get pinned up.

how does it feel in your pocket with the extended battery?
I'm tempted to pick one up but it looks like a tank.

alucard9114

Reaction score
got mine home fully charged it without using it at all (took every ounce of my strength:p) had it idol for 10 mins and it went down to 90%:blink:

Troops2990

Reaction score
Ive had mine off the charger for about 3 hours of heavy use. Virtually been playing with it non stop mostly on wifi but some 4g and I used the navigation for about 10 minutes and I'm at 70%

Same here

OP
jkaod

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
got mine home fully charged it without using it at all (took every ounce of my strength:p) had it idol for 10 mins and it went down to 90%:blink:

I think that's pretty common for a new battery. It should improve after a couple of charge cycles.

shamus

Reaction score

Same here but I've been on 3G and wireless. I'd say it looks pretty promising for a first charge.

ajb3985

Reaction score
Does it have a battery only charger?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

yiannis

Reaction score
The way the OS reads the battery charge will change after a couple of cycles. Many people say that the battery improves, but my guess is that it's the OS that learns that 90% after the 1st charge is really better.

A.Brooks

Reaction score
I'm very interested in this as well. I have the Thunderbolt but would love to get the Bionic if the battery lasts longer than 7 fin hours of light / moderate use. I'm seriously considering an iPhone due to the battery.

scdown

Reaction score
Does it have a battery only charger?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

Yes, there is a battery dock - it takes one battery, and has a micro-USB plug to simultaneously charge your phone. It's $50 at VZW, and includes a battery.

Bitterbeard

Reaction score
how does it feel in your pocket with the extended battery?
I'm tempted to pick one up but it looks like a tank.

With the battery and a case it is close to 3/4". I'm 6'1" so it isn't any noticable difference from having a fascinate in my pocket, it is thicker but so far I'm not really noticing it. What I have noticed is now 3 hours after taking this off the charger i'm still at 90% with my battery with heavy use.

318Droid

Reaction score
5 hrs after first full charge with moderate/heavy use and im at 50%. 28 mins using google maps navi also. So i think its great. Hell my og droidwouldve been dead a long time ago after the navigation.

thunder550

Reaction score
Hoping it gets better after I get a chance to do a full charge....battery out of the box was 50%...spent about an hour re-downloading all my apps, down to 20%. 30 minutes on the charger, back to 50%, one hour with absolutely zero usage (stuck in a locker at the gym) and back down to 20%.