"Official"? Bionic battery life thread

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by jkaod, Sep 8, 2011.

1. anewday

anewday New Member

When is it possible to display the battery in non-increments of 10%? :(
  2. mdroid2g

mdroid2g New Member

The Droid that almost wasnt....
    I get up nice and early and head to a premium retailer at 830. Wait 30 minutes for them to open so I can go feel up the bionic before going to Costco to buy one. Ths sales guy says they don't have any but might a little later. So I BS with the guy for while and told him I was heading to Costco to buy mine. He asked if I would bring a bionic back for them top play with if I actually get one.
    So I head to Costco at 930 wait for them to open and hit theed verizon booth at about 950. The guy says he doesn't have any but they should be there any minute. 30 minutes later im told they shohld be here by 11 for sure. So at 1110 i come back and there are two othera waiting for the phone as well. He says they are there but not inloaded yet, long story not so long....at around 12 i finally get me slip. To go pay for it and then the employee will go grab me one. Im not on my wifes card so now i have to wait for her to get off for lunch and drive a half hour to walk through the line with me. 1oclock rolls around and she shows up and i get my bionic. I basically spent 5 hours tring to get mine, butidid finally get one along with the bundle. Car dock..charging dock..spare batt and charger for it..cheap hip case and a screen protector all for 302.00. Oh and i love it so far even though im not in a 4g area. The screen looks very good unless you get so close you cant focus then you notice it is a bit pixely but honeztly at a regular viewing distance you cant see them. It has been a little laggy opening one or two apps and not tooimpressive for browsing but all in all a great phone..much better than my thunderbolt.
  3. Gremlin

Gremlin Member

Do you charge even though it is 15% left? Or should I let it fully loose charge over night? I got it from costco so I have the battery and battery dock.. Thanks
  4. endobrian

endobrian New Member

Charge whenever. it's Li-ion.
  5. h1br1d7heory

h1br1d7heory New Member

It's called Circle Battery Widget.
  6. h1br1d7heory

h1br1d7heory New Member

I took mine off the charger at 100% at around 7pm last night. After moderate usage, for about 6 hours I was down to 37%. I had used 4G for about 2 - 2.5 hours of that. A little dissappointing coming from my Droid Pro, but I never used 4G on it before. Hopefully it lasts longer today after another full charge. LOVING THE PHONE NO MATTER WHAT dancedroid
  7. scdown

scdown New Member

Charged fully yesterday, then took off the charger at about 2PM. Used a variety of GMail, YouTube, NetFlix, NFL Mobile, Web browsing, and some games. Also, placed about 1.5 hours worth of phone calls. Total 4G usage was about 250MB.

At 9:30 last night, I was down to 5%. Recharged overnight, and will see how things look after a more typical day.
  8. Arkbird

Arkbird DF News Team Premium Member

Do you download that? This is my first Droid so I'm still getting used to it.
  9. txrover

txrover New Member

After a first night full charge, it looks like it's running about 10% drop / hour. I pulled it from the charger at 6am and by 10am it's 60% under medium use. Some Bluetooth in the car, lots of email (corp push) & texting - particularly re-setting up one of my accounts. Wifi & GPS off. Some music for a little while. Std battery. Think I'll look into extended battery, but I'm at a desk job, so I can plug in often during the day. Oh and my 4G is non-existent at my house and variable at work, so not a great 4G signal.
  10. h1br1d7heory

h1br1d7heory New Member

I am noticing basically the same. I was getting the same juice out of my DROID Pro though. I was kind of hoping for significantly better battery life :/ Oh well.
  11. littlerick

littlerick New Member

i've noticed great battery life compared to my thunderbolt and revolution. normally after half a day i'm a 40 to 60% i'm still at 90% with the same normal usage.
  12. lazarus2297

lazarus2297 New Member

Ill just post a screen shot this was after the first full charge. I didn't "baby it" but i also didn't use it that much still not bad though.

*edit*
    I guess i'll upload the pic later :-(

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2011
  13. Renae

Renae Member

Today was my first test.

I took it off the dock at 8am and came to work. Since I was slow today I messed around on it all morning with only two short breaks. I was on 4g the whole time. For some reason maps and wifi were eating my battery. I turned wifi off too late, and force closed maps, I hate how crap opens itself.

I had the screenon almost the whole time and was downloading apps, playing with tapatalk, playing with live wallpapers, downloading live wallpapers, Facebook, camera, Web browsing, speed test and some games. At 1230 I finally got the low battery notice and was at 15%.

Not sure how good that test was. I consider it heavy usage on 4g the entire time.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
  14. scdown

scdown New Member

I've noticed Wifi eating up battery, especially when not connected to a network - I'm going to try staying with 4G only for a while to see if the drain rate slows.

I'd like to see someone (who knows, maybe I'll take a crack at it) come up with an Exclusive-OR widget for Wifi and 4G...
  15. Bitterbeard

Bitterbeard New Member

With my extended battery and moderate to heavy use I went from noon to 1am and when I went to bed my battery was at 15%

During this time I was installing applications, used the hot spot feature for about an hour, had Slacker playing 50% of the time, was running with wireless on for four hours then was all 4G, turned the radio off and let my 3 year old play Angry Birds "Bird Game" for 30 minutes, played various other games, rooted my phone, customized and setup all the applications I had installed(Handcent, beautiful widgets, live wallpapers, etc), watched some(looks over my shoulder for the wife) "videos" to test out high definition playback then deleted them because who wants to be caught with that on their phone, downloaded a movie through wireless and watched Idiocracy.

I've got performance mode on for battery, the display I have at 40% I like my phone a bit dark, Data saver off and Data delivery set to default.

I am very pleased so far with the battery performance.

Right now with 4 hours after taking it off the charger and Slacker playing through head phones for 3 hours texting people sporadically over all of it, the battery is at 80%; sure it is higher and need to get that battery widget and do away with the 10% increments.
  16. alucard9114

alucard9114 New Member

netflix eats battery big time on 4g.
  17. Darkstepa

Darkstepa New Member

Sofar so good, about 4/5 hours just PUNISHING my phone. Netflix, downloads, NFL network. During normal usage I've noticed my bluetooth eating up a lot of power. Anyone else experiencing this also?
  18. Gremlin

Gremlin Member

Hmm reading this thread// unplugged form full charge... listen to xm for like 30 minutes.. 90%.. for 3 hours, refresh was on to receive gmail and no app install, battery went down to 40%.. received gmail but not a whole lot..

Only reason I can think of is Task Killer..
  19. scdown

scdown New Member

Not with Bluetooth but with WiFi.
  20. brunla

brunla New Member

Took my phone off the cradle at 6 AM and had very light use. At 12:45 it is already at 20%.
    Having Bluetooth on has taken up 28% which is pretty big. (Who wants to turn bluetooth on and off all the time? - lame.) Been on 4G the whole time in LA which has a strong signal.

Not too happy. I was hoping for a full days use with this phone.
Search tags for this page
battery life droid bionic
bionic battery

bionic battery life

bionic battery problems

droid bionic battery life

droid bionic extended battery
how to improve battery life on droid bionic
how to improve droid bionic battery life
motorola bionic battery

motorola bionic battery life

motorola droid bionic battery issues