Official Battery Life thread

fucco

Reaction score
On 1 day 13 hours. Never saw this on any smartphone. WOW!! had bionic with ext battery. Got at most 18 hours

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

morcguy

Reaction score
Day one, 4g on all day, in Wifi range about 1/3 of the day. After 23 hours I was at 15%. 100% Awesome .

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Still going 20 hours and 30%.

Sent my new Droid Razr Maxx

miltk

Reaction score
2nd test of full charge...
played four 2hr movies from memory = 50%...on the phone to tech supp for 40min while they did some remote stuff = <40%,,,played movie twice more.

3rd full charge...
streamed 3 netflix 2hr movies on 3g, display at 40%, low volume, everything else turned off = 30%. i could have streamed a forth movie

daware

Reaction score
You are all making me want to trade in my Nexus for this! Can anyone post some battery screen shots like the ones I have attached? I'd definitely like to see screen on time. It'd be greatly appreciated. By the way, this is my Nexus. I just wanted people to know so they're not misinformed. You will get much better battery life than my screenshots.
View attachment 46661View attachment 46662View attachment 46663

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
63394eae-e3f0-4702.jpg
Still going 20 hours and 30%.

Sent my new Droid Razr Maxx

Ok took a couple hour nap and now I'm at 18% at 1 day 5 hours!
I think this battery has a little plutonium slug in it?

Last edited:

miltk

Reaction score
You are all making me want to trade in my Nexus for this! Can anyone post some battery screen shots like the ones I have attached? I'd definitely like to see screen on time. It'd be greatly appreciated. By the way, this is my Nexus. I just wanted people to know so they're not misinformed. You will get much better battery life than my screenshots.
View attachment 46661View attachment 46662View attachment 46663

i don't know how to post screen shots, but i post all my info the the 3rd page. they're copied from a detail of each application usage that you can't get in one screen shot.

sberger

Reaction score
Got my Maxx yesterday. Fully charged last night. 13 hours and 34 minutes since starting using this morning and at 50%. Have surfed the web, listened to a lot of music, emails, various apps. Not bad. Looks like it will easily be as good as my Blackberry Curve with a whole lot more to offer.

morcguy

Reaction score
Day 2. Wifi off, 4g used all day, light to moderate use, shows screen was on for just over 3 hours. No smart actions. I hit 15% battery after 19 hours off charger.

daware

Reaction score
Well, I broke down and bought the MAXX last night. I decided to try and kill the battery so to speak. This is off my first full charge with 4G the entire time. Obviously, I'm not gonna make judgements from one charge, but after the first day I'm impressed. I'm sure it'll only get better after a few charges. I was off last night, so this is more usage than normal. I'd consider this fairly heavy use (setting up the phone and downloading all apps, some calls and texting, playing a game, streaming netflix and youtube a bit). At the 15% battery warning, I was at a display time of 3h 42m and 43m of calls. I tried to make this detailed and post screenshots for the people that like them. I know I do. If anyone wants more updates or screenshots from the next couple of days, I'd be more than happy to post.
View attachment 46712View attachment 46713View attachment 46715View attachment 46714

OP
jkaod

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
From the sounds of it, this phone should have a big red S painted on it's chest or at least have it on the start up screen. I don't have one yet, but I'm really leaning that way. All other phone manufacturers had better take notice and follow suit. If Moto can stuff that large of a battery in such a thin sleek phone, others had better do it as well. Battery life is the main concern for smart phone users, especially those using 4G. Way to go Moto!

keepitsimple

Reaction score
See my post in R U as happy as I am.

Believe me I've done anything and everything I can with settings and such.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
keepitsimple said:
See my post in R U as happy as I am.

Believe me I've done anything and everything I can with settings and such.

I just threw an idea for you to try in that thread. If you haven't tried it yet, it should fix your problem.

greyghost04

Reaction score
Well, I broke down and bought the MAXX last night. I decided to try and kill the battery so to speak. This is off my first full charge with 4G the entire time. Obviously, I'm not gonna make judgements from one charge, but after the first day I'm impressed. I'm sure it'll only get better after a few charges. I was off last night, so this is more usage than normal. I'd consider this fairly heavy use (setting up the phone and downloading all apps, some calls and texting, playing a game, streaming netflix and youtube a bit). At the 15% battery warning, I was at a display time of 3h 42m and 43m of calls. I tried to make this detailed and post screenshots for the people that like them. I know I do. If anyone wants more updates or screenshots from the next couple of days, I'd be more than happy to post.
View attachment 46712View attachment 46713View attachment 46715View attachment 46714

Coming from a Thunderbolt I would have killed for 9 hours on 1 charge. When I got my Maxx I was expecting more than one day with moderate 4g use. But looking at your post at least I know that I'm not stuck with a bad phone. We're all getting just 1 day or less. Still much better than my Thunderbolt