"Official"? Bionic battery life thread

wburleson

Reaction score
Just got my Bionic yesterday. Ran it through 2 cycles on the stock battery, 1 time heavy use, 2nd time moderate use. Lasted only 5 hours each time. I'm on the 1st cycle of the extended battery with moderate use and i'm at 8.5 hours with 20% left. I'm hoping it improves with time, i'll let you know. It is slightly clunkier with the extended battery but definitely worth the extra life.

thunder550

Reaction score
Yeah I just got back from the store with an extended battery, the phone is way ugly now but hopefully it will last a lot longer.

brunla

Reaction score
What is the brand of the extended battery? Are they selling them at Verizon? What is the strength?

Just got my Bionic yesterday. Ran it through 2 cycles on the stock battery, 1 time heavy use, 2nd time moderate use. Lasted only 5 hours each time. I'm on the 1st cycle of the extended battery with moderate use and i'm at 8.5 hours with 20% left. I'm hoping it improves with time, i'll let you know. It is slightly clunkier with the extended battery but definitely worth the extra life.

brunla

Reaction score
Can you take a photo of the phone with the extended battery and cover for us? Pretty please!

Renae

Reaction score
Can you take a photo of the phone with the extended battery and cover for us? Pretty please!

I don't have a picture, but I can tell you they are very close in size and weight. The guy next to me at the counter got it and I got to hold both of ours to compare size/weight. There's no hump, and it's slightly (1mm?) larger than the biggest part of the hump. The camera part of the back is slightly recessed. It's opposite.

As for battery usage, why does google maps keep taking up the most of my battery??? What am I doing, is putting it in the car dock starting it? I am not rooted, how do I get this thing to stop starting?!?! Everytime I open battery usage I notice it's at the top and force kill it, right now I've been on battery for 1 hr 44 minutes. I'm down to 80% and Maps has used 39%, it's at the top of the list! Help me.

rome784

Reaction score
10hrs at work on 3g and I always have a bad signal no matter what phone I have at work and It was still 90% last 2 hrs at work I was none stop heavy usage with the bad signal and It was 10% before I left. I'm sure if verizon would pick up better at my job it would last longer. I think the battery is great!!!

thunder550

Reaction score
2011-09-09_18-52-26_927.jpg

2700 some mAh as opposed to the stock 1700 some mAh

thunder550

Reaction score
Yeah its bad. I need the extra battery life though so im still on the fence. Might be better off getting a second standard battery with the standalone charger. Im really worried about the additional bulk from the case I still need to get.

ConqSoft

Reaction score
Bluetooth battery usage is unbelievable. I have not had it connected to a bluetooth device at any point in the day. Currently at 24% battery according to the circle battery widget. Very disappointing to see bluetooth kill so much battery without even being used. Screen on time is 1 hr 25 min.

photobucket-3521-1315607295411.png

If you aren't using Bluetooth, disable it. There's a widget to make it quick and easy to turn off and on as needed.

jdmcwestevo

Reaction score
well today with a fully charged brand new battery i got about 7h of mixed use. downloading apps, texting, talking mainly speaker phone, emails etc. pretty awesome considering my OG droid lasted like 4h TOPS without overclock overclockd lol well 2h MAYBE at 1.1ghz

GoBears86

Reaction score
Got the Bionic today and opted to bundle the additional battery + standalone charger... bundle. After activation at Verizon went back to work and charged it. The first charge lasted ~6 hours with heavy use while on 4g and WiFi. After two hours of heavy use on 4g and WiFi the second battery reads a 70% charge. Not bad for their initial drains. Mama I got twins!

Reaction score
jdmcwestevo said:
well today with a fully charged brand new battery i got about 7h of mixed use. downloading apps, texting, talking mainly speaker phone, emails etc. pretty awesome considering my OG droid lasted like 4h TOPS without overclock overclockd lol well 2h MAYBE at 1.1ghz

4 hours? what did you do to your droid? mine is oc'd and I get about 24-36 hours with typical usage. Ive never heard of someone getting that horrible of battery life on their droid unless they kept their bluetooth, or wifi, or gps on 24/7. Or maybe you had a bad battery

Last edited:

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
something is seriously wrong with my battery.
took 3.5 hours to charge to 100% and now I'm 40 minutes off the charger and down to 70%.
There was 1 10minute GTalk video call in there.. but otherwise just basic stuff, webpages texting etc.

also, my display is 32%... I have it on auto dimming