"Official"? Bionic battery life thread

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by jkaod, Sep 8, 2011.

1. h1br1d7heory

h1br1d7heory Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It's called Circle Battery Widget.

2. h1br1d7heory

h1br1d7heory Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I took mine off the charger at 100% at around 7pm last night. After moderate usage, for about 6 hours I was down to 37%. I had used 4G for about 2 - 2.5 hours of that. A little dissappointing coming from my Droid Pro, but I never used 4G on it before. Hopefully it lasts longer today after another full charge. LOVING THE PHONE NO MATTER WHAT dancedroid

3. scdown

scdown Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Charged fully yesterday, then took off the charger at about 2PM. Used a variety of GMail, YouTube, NetFlix, NFL Mobile, Web browsing, and some games. Also, placed about 1.5 hours worth of phone calls. Total 4G usage was about 250MB.

At 9:30 last night, I was down to 5%. Recharged overnight, and will see how things look after a more typical day.

4. Arkbird

Arkbird DF News Team
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +63
    Do you download that? This is my first Droid so I'm still getting used to it.

5. txrover

txrover Member

Ratings:
    +0
    After a first night full charge, it looks like it's running about 10% drop / hour. I pulled it from the charger at 6am and by 10am it's 60% under medium use. Some Bluetooth in the car, lots of email (corp push) & texting - particularly re-setting up one of my accounts. Wifi & GPS off. Some music for a little while. Std battery. Think I'll look into extended battery, but I'm at a desk job, so I can plug in often during the day. Oh and my 4G is non-existent at my house and variable at work, so not a great 4G signal.

6. h1br1d7heory

h1br1d7heory Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am noticing basically the same. I was getting the same juice out of my DROID Pro though. I was kind of hoping for significantly better battery life :/ Oh well.

7. littlerick

littlerick Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i've noticed great battery life compared to my thunderbolt and revolution. normally after half a day i'm a 40 to 60% i'm still at 90% with the same normal usage.

8. lazarus2297

lazarus2297 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Ill just post a screen shot this was after the first full charge. I didn't "baby it" but i also didn't use it that much still not bad though.

*edit*
    I guess i'll upload the pic later :-(

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

#32 lazarus2297, Sep 9, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2011
  9. Renae

Renae Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Today was my first test.

I took it off the dock at 8am and came to work. Since I was slow today I messed around on it all morning with only two short breaks. I was on 4g the whole time. For some reason maps and wifi were eating my battery. I turned wifi off too late, and force closed maps, I hate how crap opens itself.

I had the screenon almost the whole time and was downloading apps, playing with tapatalk, playing with live wallpapers, downloading live wallpapers, Facebook, camera, Web browsing, speed test and some games. At 1230 I finally got the low battery notice and was at 15%.

Not sure how good that test was. I consider it heavy usage on 4g the entire time.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

10. scdown

scdown Member

Ratings:
    +5
    I've noticed Wifi eating up battery, especially when not connected to a network - I'm going to try staying with 4G only for a while to see if the drain rate slows.

I'd like to see someone (who knows, maybe I'll take a crack at it) come up with an Exclusive-OR widget for Wifi and 4G...

11. Bitterbeard

Bitterbeard New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    With my extended battery and moderate to heavy use I went from noon to 1am and when I went to bed my battery was at 15%

During this time I was installing applications, used the hot spot feature for about an hour, had Slacker playing 50% of the time, was running with wireless on for four hours then was all 4G, turned the radio off and let my 3 year old play Angry Birds "Bird Game" for 30 minutes, played various other games, rooted my phone, customized and setup all the applications I had installed(Handcent, beautiful widgets, live wallpapers, etc), watched some(looks over my shoulder for the wife) "videos" to test out high definition playback then deleted them because who wants to be caught with that on their phone, downloaded a movie through wireless and watched Idiocracy.

I've got performance mode on for battery, the display I have at 40% I like my phone a bit dark, Data saver off and Data delivery set to default.

I am very pleased so far with the battery performance.

Right now with 4 hours after taking it off the charger and Slacker playing through head phones for 3 hours texting people sporadically over all of it, the battery is at 80%; sure it is higher and need to get that battery widget and do away with the 10% increments.

12. alucard9114

alucard9114 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    netflix eats battery big time on 4g.

Search tags for this page
battery life droid bionic
bionic battery

bionic battery life

droid bionic battery life

how to improve battery life on droid bionic
how to improve droid bionic battery life