"Official"? Bionic battery life thread

littlerick

Reaction score
i've noticed great battery life compared to my thunderbolt and revolution. normally after half a day i'm a 40 to 60% i'm still at 90% with the same normal usage.

lazarus2297

Reaction score
Ill just post a screen shot this was after the first full charge. I didn't "baby it" but i also didn't use it that much still not bad though.

*edit*
I guess i'll upload the pic later :-(

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Last edited:

Renae

Reaction score
Today was my first test.

I took it off the dock at 8am and came to work. Since I was slow today I messed around on it all morning with only two short breaks. I was on 4g the whole time. For some reason maps and wifi were eating my battery. I turned wifi off too late, and force closed maps, I hate how crap opens itself.

I had the screenon almost the whole time and was downloading apps, playing with tapatalk, playing with live wallpapers, downloading live wallpapers, Facebook, camera, Web browsing, speed test and some games. At 1230 I finally got the low battery notice and was at 15%.

Not sure how good that test was. I consider it heavy usage on 4g the entire time.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

scdown

Reaction score
I've noticed Wifi eating up battery, especially when not connected to a network - I'm going to try staying with 4G only for a while to see if the drain rate slows.

I'd like to see someone (who knows, maybe I'll take a crack at it) come up with an Exclusive-OR widget for Wifi and 4G...

Bitterbeard

Reaction score
With my extended battery and moderate to heavy use I went from noon to 1am and when I went to bed my battery was at 15%

During this time I was installing applications, used the hot spot feature for about an hour, had Slacker playing 50% of the time, was running with wireless on for four hours then was all 4G, turned the radio off and let my 3 year old play Angry Birds "Bird Game" for 30 minutes, played various other games, rooted my phone, customized and setup all the applications I had installed(Handcent, beautiful widgets, live wallpapers, etc), watched some(looks over my shoulder for the wife) "videos" to test out high definition playback then deleted them because who wants to be caught with that on their phone, downloaded a movie through wireless and watched Idiocracy.

I've got performance mode on for battery, the display I have at 40% I like my phone a bit dark, Data saver off and Data delivery set to default.

I am very pleased so far with the battery performance.

Right now with 4 hours after taking it off the charger and Slacker playing through head phones for 3 hours texting people sporadically over all of it, the battery is at 80%; sure it is higher and need to get that battery widget and do away with the 10% increments.

Darkstepa

Reaction score
Sofar so good, about 4/5 hours just PUNISHING my phone. Netflix, downloads, NFL network. During normal usage I've noticed my bluetooth eating up a lot of power. Anyone else experiencing this also?

Gremlin

Reaction score
Hmm reading this thread// unplugged form full charge... listen to xm for like 30 minutes.. 90%.. for 3 hours, refresh was on to receive gmail and no app install, battery went down to 40%.. received gmail but not a whole lot..

Only reason I can think of is Task Killer..

brunla

Reaction score
Took my phone off the cradle at 6 AM and had very light use. At 12:45 it is already at 20%.
Having Bluetooth on has taken up 28% which is pretty big. (Who wants to turn bluetooth on and off all the time? - lame.) Been on 4G the whole time in LA which has a strong signal.

Not too happy. I was hoping for a full days use with this phone.

moset

Reaction score
8 hours with 4 hrs display 3G only 5% left.

moset

Reaction score
8 hours with 4 hrs display. 3G only. 5% left.

blickley

Reaction score
Initial charge oddity

I thought this was strange. I plugged in my phone, thinking I would give an intial full charge before turning it on. When I did that it started at 40% out of the box. I then realized I forgot to plug in the LTE card. I unplugged it, pulled the battery, put in the card, reinstalled the battery and plugged it back in. I expected it to be at 40%. It was now at 5%. Very strange, I wonder which one was correct out of the box, 5% or 40%? Pretty big difference.

thunder550

Reaction score
Bluetooth battery usage is unbelievable. I have not had it connected to a bluetooth device at any point in the day. Currently at 24% battery according to the circle battery widget. Very disappointing to see bluetooth kill so much battery without even being used. Screen on time is 1 hr 25 min.

photobucket-3521-1315607295411.png

Last edited: