"Official" Beautiful Widgets Skinning Thread

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
OK, here is a quick simple fun skin using JonKyu's "Eclair" background..

Are we allowed to change the font placement? Or is that not supported yet? How do we do it?

No. That was the Smaller Home Landscape version, it leaves a lot of empty space in the middle for "fun stuff". I just pasted the Droid logo on top of the background image and saved it.

Ah ok lol gotcha :)

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
the backgrounds are textured so yeah it may be a big file... if its a problem I can reduce quality, let me know.

I have attached a preview of the back ground.

Yeah, you should render it flat and/or reduce quality, a 12meg clock skin just might slow things down a little on a phone :)

Also makes sure the size are the same as the samples.

BTW, it looks VERY nice, can't wait to see it on the phone.
Agreed looks really cool!

BTW I just sent you a pm with the updated files, hope it looks better now. Also the final update will let us use our own skins right? We're not restrained with skins available natively to the BW?

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
BTW I just sent you a pm with the updated files, hope it looks better now. Also the final update will let us use our own skins right? We're not restrained with skins available natively to the BW?

Got PM, sent reply.

Yes we will be able to use our own skins, this is a big part of the reason for this thread, for us to share them with each other.

When you get one that is finished and ready for sharing. please go back thru your previous posts and update and/or delete the previous uploads or posts so we don't confuse people with different "unfinished" skins.

The Goal is basically to make this thread the "repository" for BW skins/tips/tricks. According to Mods there will be a separate "disussion" thread started for the new BW Skiinable widget/app. We want to try to keep this one "clean" for future users to come and find BW skins and related info without having to sort thru page after page of "unrelated stuff".

Hope that makes sense,

Last edited:

generikal

Reaction score
Zip problem?

Third try.....

Anyone else having a problem d/l'ing the attached zip file and extracting it?

I zip files all day long and have never had a problem...

Thanks for being patient, and I have deleted my old messages/posts in hope to keep this thread clutter free.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
turns out i was saving .psd files with .png extensions but not actually flattened .png format. Kinda weird it would let me do that. Anyways I have uploaded the correct skin. file size is now 963kb :)

Corrupt or empty Zip file, double check it or recreate it.

Got PM, sent reply.

Yes we will be able to use our own skins, this is a big part of the reason for this thread, for us to share them with each other.

When you get one that is finished and ready for sharing. please go back thru your previous posts and update and/or delete the previous uploads or posts so we don't confuse people with different "unfinished" skins.

The Goal is basically to make this thread the "repository" for BW skins/tips/tricks. According to Mods there will be a separate "disussion" thread started for the new BW Skiinable widget/app. We want to try to keep this one "clean" for future users to come and find BW skins and related info without having to sort thru page after page of "unrelated stuff".

Hope that makes sense,

Jokyu, Here is an image showing the differnces between your original and new version.
Yeah, The old one I used manual gradients to create the image. The new ones use layer styles so that all background images would be more consistant with one another. I'll tinkering with it again to make it look more like the original

Last edited:
OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Third try.....

hanks for being patient, and I have deleted my old messages/posts in hope to keep this thread clutter free.

3rd times a charm, EDIT: Here you go, looks great! (but I would make the dots transparent).

BTW, Please go back and delete your other posts with the zip file for us to remove some clutter. EDIT: thanks!

1913d1263860617-official-beautiful-widgets-skinning-thread-bw-destroy.png

1914d1263860633-official-beautiful-widgets-skinning-thread-bw-destroy-land.png

1915d1263860651-official-beautiful-widgets-skinning-thread-bw-destroy-small.png

Last edited:

generikal

Reaction score
awesome!!! thanks!

---
man, I can't wait to have the skinnable version so I can keep making skins without having to go thru such a process! Thanks so much for the help/post!

Last edited:

iDroiid

Reaction score
this si going to be awesome i cant wait i just downloaded beautiful widgets today and so far i love it best thing i have downloaded to my droid yet!

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Lol, not exact but close enough for now, lol I was getting a headache trying to get it right without any reference. Anyway now that I have comparison pics I might be able to push-it and make it even more of a closer match!

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
SkinDevKit Zip File updated today 1/19, please see Original Post of this thread.

Release delayed one day (family illness related, not app issues), est Thursday PM (US)

Tama,
Best wishes for your wife and 11 month old baby to get well SOON!