"Official" Beautiful Widgets Skinning Thread

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
I will check it out, give me a few minutes.

BTW, get the updated link in the OP, it should have the smaller home files.

I'll see if I can edit them later, lol note this is a trial skin so it might be really ****ty lol :icon_eek:

blue rocket

Official DF Vendor
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.grafixpressions.com
wow it looks pretty nice. This was my own 100% from the ground up. It looks like I need to line up the numbers a bit better. I'll work on a V2 for tomorrow for ya.

xtremecanefan

Reaction score
Can't wait...really want that "naked" skin. Only thing that bothers me about beautiful widgets is that "Small Home" clock thing's background looks ugly in landscape. Thanks for the heads up!

FYI, the smaller home in landscape will also be fixed in the new release, there is now is a wide(r) background file for that which goes all the way across like the normal home. It's also cool because there is room between the clock and weather info where you can put some cool graphics for that mode. This also gives you the option to have a different background look for each mode (portrait and landsacape).

Fun stuff!

Oh, sweet. Didn't know that. I am guessing you need to use the skinning dev kit to put graphics in.... shouldn't be to hard though.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have the original Beautiful Widgets before the cease and desist. I did not repurchase BW because I'm not so thrilled about the clock font. Will I be able to use skins or do I have to use the new versoin of BW?

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Here you go, looks great!!

BTW, when you do a "flip clock" you should use a totally transparent "dots" file as the ":" look funny on a flipclock. Kind of ironic because I forgot the dots on my first naked version :)

1889d1263782165-official-beautiful-widgets-skinning-read-bw-skin-eclair.png

err whoops looks like I forgot too delete the flip clock backgrounds. It was just meant to be text with a 2.1 like background kind like the stock news widget . I'll try fixing it up. I appreciate it!

Newton122189

Reaction score
is there any way to get ahold of the images for the widgets in 2.0.1, it would be nice is we could have the actual images and accurately make beautiful widgets look like stock

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
I have the original Beautiful Widgets before the cease and desist. I did not repurchase BW because I'm not so thrilled about the clock font. Will I be able to use skins or do I have to use the new versoin of BW?

You will have to download the update when it is released. IF you already purchased BW it is a free update. With the skin version you will still be able to have a flipclock that looks anyway you want to create(or use a shared skin) as shown from some of the examples here.

is there any way to get ahold of the images for the widgets in 2.0.1, it would be nice is we could have the actual images and accurately make beautiful widgets look like stock

That's not hard at all. Here is a tip for you, you can get into the internal files/content of any apk file with a Rar type app (WinRAR) or even easier rename it from an apk to a zip file in windows and it will open up just like a zip file. You can then go inside and extract the image files you want to replicate or use as templates. Typically they are located in the "res" directory. Warning, while it might be OK to do this with the Android OS files since they are open source, doing this with a 3rd party app could constitute "theft" or at best, plagerisum, especially if used for commerical gain.

Last edited:

Tama-Chan

Reaction score
I hope to do the release on wednesday (in France so that will be the night in the USA) if everything goes well.

I have updated the skin dev kit to finalize it with some instructions. I'd like to have some contents asap so please read the readme and submit me skins:)

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
I hope to do the release on wednesday (in France so that will be the night in the USA) if everything goes well.

I have updated the skin dev kit to finalize it with some instructions. I'd like to have some contents asap so please read the readme and submit me skins:)

Hi Tama,

WELCOME, it is great to have you here on this thread!!

Exciting news about the release!!!

I updated the SkinDevKit link in the OP with your new link a few hours ago. WIll try to make sure it is kept up to date for everyone.

Thanks again!

Newton122189

Reaction score
so this is the image for the stock music widget, its not like i thought it would be, its a small icon and im guessing the app takes that image and resizes it to what it needs, im not really the most talented photoshopper but i though it might be helpful, i would REALLLYYY like to have beautiful widgets look stock, anyone think they can do it or have any photoshop tips i can try, i have cs3 by the way

appwidget_bg9.png

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
What about a Beautiful Widgets 2.1! I tried remaking a 2.1-like version so it'll mesh better with the stock 2.1. I don't have the beta so do you think one of you beta users could try it out? And post a screen shot or something lol. I didn't include any smaller-home-back files cause it didn't have it in the skin pack, so I didn't know lol. here's the zip file. hope it looks ok can't really tell without the beta. Oh I took the numbers from your naked skin since I had no idea where else to get them, hope you don't mind.

I figured out what happened with your skin file.

You forgot to rename the new files correctly. When you create the new image files they must be named exactly as they are in the "example" directory of the SkiDevKit.

You used the names of the PSD files and named the new PNGs "back.png" instead of "background.png" etc.

This should be more of what you had in mind, I like it!!!

1903d1263842592-official-beautiful-widgets-skinning-thread-bw-eclair-skin.png

1905d1263843112-official-beautiful-widgets-skinning-thread-bw-eclair-wide-skin.png

Last edited:
OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
so this is the image for the stock music widget, its not like i thought it would be, its a small icon and im guessing the app takes that image and resizes it to what it needs, im not really the most talented photoshopper but i though it might be helpful, i would REALLLYYY like to have beautiful widgets look stock, anyone think they can do it or have any photoshop tips i can try, i have cs3 by the way

appwidget_bg9.png

JonKyu beat you too it :) See above post..