OFFICAL OTA .zip Installation Guide Droid Razr & Razr Maxx

alcamedes

Reaction score
Sharpshot152 said:
I've made 10 attempts so far with the install, same errors. Matt's utility doesn't seem to work for me, keeps returning with system unrecognized commands. I'm running Windows 8 if that makes a difference? Is there anyway to go back to Gingerbread?

May have to set it up to run on a later install of Window, in compatibility mode for windows 8. Your not running ics atm right? If not you can, but with the utility. May have to do some searching for windows 8, but I wouldn't think that would matter much.

alcamedes

Reaction score
Sharpshot152 said:
I've made 10 attempts so far with the install, same errors. Matt's utility doesn't seem to work for me, keeps returning with "The system cannot find the path specified". I'm running Windows 8 if that makes a difference? Is there anyway to go back to Gingerbread?

You did do the cache wipes and data wipe, option 1?

jmeyer1980

Reaction score
I tried this and followed it to the T. At first I got status 0.

I used recovery to revert to factory settings and then wiped cache twice... status 0.

I used Matts tool and then wiped cache twice... status 7. Edit: battery pulled into recovery wiped cache twice and trying update again.

Last edited:

halster

Reaction score
I just bricked my phone tryed to update to ics and got system o and tryed to reboot phone now all i get is the red dot on the screen and can't trun the phone to run matts utility

Sharpshot152

Reaction score
You did do the cache wipes and data wipe, option 1?

For some reason Matt's utility doesn't work. Tried it on my Windows 7 computer, same error "The system cannot find the path specified". Phone is in fastboot mode, connected with the official USB cable it came with.

Always did 2x cache wipes, and yes I have done the data wipe.

Last edited:

jmeyer1980

Reaction score
so I should just wait for the new file to try it again?

not sure about any new file (however, I am a noob at this... my installation is now at patching preinstall files.)
install from sd card complete.

rebooting

Last edited:

jmeyer1980

Reaction score
how many times have you tried?
somewhere around ten times. after i used matts utility, i tried and got the status 7. simulated a battery pull, cleared cache twice and right now I am waiting for the load to finish.

going through first run setup.