OFFICAL OTA .zip Installation Guide Droid Razr & Razr Maxx

alcamedes

Reaction score
Bornatiger said:
I have tried all methods in this thread except using Matts utility to go back to stock (i am rooted with voodoo root keeper set to un rooted).
I keep getting error 7. Not even gonna guess how many times I have tried the ICS OTS. My phone hasn't bricked, I am always able to reboot.
Should I do the matts utility route and then do the update?
I have worked so hard at doing this that now I am determined to get this damn update!:)

Its said to be on stock 2.3.6, so definitely wouldn't hurt!

alcamedes

Reaction score
Bornatiger said:
Can't I just use the voodoo app to unroot?
If not, How do you suggest I unroot? Matts Utility?

What version gb are you using? Yeah, voodoo should unroot you.

alcamedes

Reaction score
Bornatiger said:
Can't I just use the voodoo app to unroot?
If not, How do you suggest I unroot? Matts Utility?

After unroot, I believe 1.7 can take you to stock, im not near my pc atm though. I believe there is an option, just follow it and you'll be fine.

eddiekeyton

Banned
Reaction score
Twitter
eddiekeyton
it sucks that im saying this but. lol i like GB better. i don't like all of the dark colors in ics..

alcamedes

Reaction score
eddiekeyton said:
ok how do i use matts utility to root 4.0.4

You'll see the root info, root 4.0.4, just click and follow instructions, easy sauce! Has options for your boot strap and safe strap as well.

alcamedes

Reaction score
eddiekeyton said:
it sucks that im saying this but. lol i like GB better. i don't like all of the dark colors in ics..

Man I love it, I'm not even gonna root this bad boy! Thinking about trying apex launcher though!

Sharpshot152

Reaction score
I've made 10 attempts so far with the install, same errors. Matt's utility doesn't seem to work for me, keeps returning with "The system cannot find the path specified". I'm running Windows 8 if that makes a difference? Is there anyway to go back to Gingerbread?

Last edited:

eddiekeyton

Banned
Reaction score
Twitter
eddiekeyton
while trying to root i just get waiting on device. owell..im done messing with it lol.