OFFICAL OTA .zip Installation Guide Droid Razr & Razr Maxx

OP
rda990

rda990

Reaction score
natevines said:
Hey guys, I feel I have a bit of a unique experience here (albeit didn't read the whole thread) in that I didn't need Matt's app. I followed the OP's instructions to a T and it bricked. I simply went back and did it again and it worked. That was it. This was an unrooted, pretty much stock Maxx...

Thanks this is exactly what i needed, once you brick simply go into recovery right after the first install fails, and it will go through 100%, Matt's utility not needed. let me find one more person succeeding with this method and i will put it in the OP.

RAZRuser89

Reaction score
Got it fixed! Tricked my phone into thinking it was charged when starting it up. Got my ICE CREAM SANDWICH! Thanks everyone!

How??? I still can't get mine to work. I've been messing with this all day long. I don't have any other backup phone so I HAVE to get this one working

Technoman

Reaction score
Can anyone explain why we would get Slingbox added without the option to remove? That app requires you have the slingbox hardware (which I do not). I have disabled it, but why wouldn't this be allowed to just remove. I prefer my Vulkano box and app! :)

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2

jeremy35

Reaction score
So, this is my first time in ICS with the RAZR...The Home Button and Search button capacitive buttons do not work correct? At least on mine they don't...so assuming that is the ICS design...

Technoman

Reaction score
Thanks this is exactly what i needed, once you brick simply go into recovery right after the first install fails, and it will go through 100%, Matt's utility not needed. let me find one more person succeeding with this method and i will put it in the OP.

@rda990 My icon never changed after my reboot and going back into recovery, but did work the second time. The icon on my phone (razr maxx, stock, never rooted) was the Android with the file folder and an arrow coming out of the folder for both instances. I got a fail with a zero the first round, but after fail on the reboot I went directly back into recovery. Same icon, did cache wipe, then install from SD and it worked perfectly.

I think one of the key things is to not allow the phone to attempt a full boot if you fail!

Technoman

Reaction score
So, this is my first time in ICS with the RAZR...The Home Button and Search button capacitive buttons do not work correct? At least on mine they don't...so assuming that is the ICS design...

Long press them, and they do work.... Just differently!

farquhar

Reaction score
so ive been waiting for the install to finish, but its been on patching boot image for i wanna say 45 minuets. is that normal?

OP
rda990

rda990

Reaction score
Technoman said:
@rda990 My icon never changed after my reboot and going back into recovery, but did work the second time. The icon on my phone (razr maxx, stock, never rooted) was the Android with the file folder and an arrow coming out of the folder for both instances. I got a fail with a zero the first round, but after fail on the reboot I went directly back into recovery. Same icon, did cache wipe, then install from SD and it worked perfectly.

I think one of the key things is to not allow the phone to attempt a full boot if you fail!

Perfect thanks, it all makes sense now, we were talking about this a couple pages back. This means the FIRST installation is SUPPOSED to fail, then make sure to not allow a fullboot, go into recover and flash again. Profit =D

prtsmgr

Reaction score

I can confirm, this is the same experience I had on a stock, unrooted Maxx.

Thanks rda990

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

farquhar

Reaction score
after it locked up on the install i just did the reset wiped the cash and just did it again. it worked perfectly. thank you so much guys

RAZRuser89

Reaction score
after it locked up on the install i just did the reset wiped the cash and just did it again. it worked perfectly. thank you so much guys

Doesn't work for me. Is this because I've been bricked too long now?

bjmoore30

Reaction score
Anyone else getting the random offset message during installation? It's different each time I get it?

Still bricked with low battery FYI :mad:

bacK_N_87

Reaction score
bjmoore30 said:
Anyone else getting the random offset message during installation? It's different each time I get it?

Still bricked with low battery FYI :mad:

Never try an update with low battery.