OFFICAL OTA .zip Installation Guide Droid Razr & Razr Maxx

farquhar

Reaction score
you sir

you sir are amazing! thanks for all your help. im to the point that i cant wait for the update anymore i wanna get it now and you have made it super simple thanks alotdancedroid

RAZRuser89

Reaction score
I just got mine to work. I did the mats utility thing and it didn't work right away. In fact I got an icon of a droid laying down that looked like his stomach was open and it had a red exclamation mark. So I followed the steps that the OP first said to you when you were stuck at the red M. After a couple minutes it worked. No ICS but it got me back to stock which is fine.

I thought you didn't have enough battery??? How did you get Matt's to work with low battery?

OP
rda990

rda990

Reaction score
RAZRuser89 said:
I thought you didn't have enough battery??? How did you get Matt's to work with low battery?

Did you try the last post I made in the last page?

jeremy35

Reaction score
Ok...after reading all this I took the plunge and Success!

1. Did Matt's 1.7 Option 1 First
2. Followed the Steps to Update ICS
3. Received Error 7
4. Reboot
5. Powered down and Followed the Steps to Update ICS

Thanks guys!!!

farquhar

Reaction score
so ive been waiting for the install to finish, but its been on patching boot image for i wanna say 6 minuets. is that normal?

ballzdeap

Reaction score
This may or may not have been answered already, but will this version of ICS receive future updates the same as if we had waited for the OTA? Now that people are finding success with this, that's about the only thing holding me back.

Technoman

Reaction score
This is the official update, so we will be on update path for future releases.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2

loudneon

Reaction score
My saga

So there I was bleeding from the head and soft bricked. Frantically searched for what to do. Same thing happened when rooting the TB. Found a fix, downloaded matt's utility 1.5,then seen 1.6, holy moses there's a 1.7. Prayed, prayed, smoked a cigarette. Quick like a rabbit ran version 1.7, option #2, wipe, wipe, curse, wipe data, install from sd card,did not work! Option #1 then. Rinse and repeat previous cycle, included yelling at dog, tried to install ICS. Did not work got code 7 and not 0 like before. Another failed install. F bomb many times, rebooted anyways. Great something old/new. The Android unpacking icon. It finished. Black screen now cant even get battery pull to work. Fake throw toward wall. Deep breaths. Find your happy place Gilmore. Wait wtf, its booting, cracked open a beer. Back to GB. Ok I'm cool, we'll just rock GB til the OTA push(I'm still running das bamf 1.8.6 remix on HTC TB,lol.)

Decided friend would not quit text messaging me so....... if I'm gonna shut phone off might as well be a soft brick so I have something to fix again. This time I just went straight for the install zip from sd card. It installed without a hiccup. Just spent more time looking at this screen editing than playing with my new frozen treat. Finally worked for me. Looks like a previous post about the recovery not being the same is true. The icons changed drastically. Not sure during the panic when it happened, but I did notice it. Just chalked it up as, oh now what. I wish all of you the best of luck. I would start off with matt's utility installed, full battery, a fresh depends, and plenty of supplies. Download file to computer and then move to sd card. Wipe, wipe, WIPE! I did do a wipe then reboot, then the final install. Now for root access. Can't remember half the apps I had installed. Thank you for reading. Hope you get a laugh or two.

T

ForeverZ3RO

Reaction score
Got it fixed! Tricked my phone into thinking it was charged when starting it up. Got my ICE CREAM SANDWICH! Thanks everyone!

refuse2bstopped

Reaction score
Well at least I've finally managed to get out of the "stuck on M screen" screen. But I guess now its obvious that no other method will work for me other than waiting for this 3 hour long matt's utility download to finish and HOPE that method works. And this is from a fully UNrooted stock razr....:blink:

OP
rda990

rda990

Reaction score
farquhar said:
so ive been waiting for the install to finish, but its been on patching boot image for i wanna say 6 minuets. is that normal?

WAIT for it, do not interrupt while it's installing, only time you should interrupt is when its been stuck installing for an hour MAX installation should NOT be more than 30min. The Dual Core boot logo should not be stuck on it for more than 5min and the boot ANIMATION no longer than 10min, if they are, it's a brick.

ballzdeap said:
This may or may not have been answered already, but will this version of ICS receive future updates the same as if we had waited for the OTA? Now that people are finding success with this, that's about the only thing holding me back.

This is the OTA, so yes you would be on the "upgrade path". I'm going to PM to show you a new method.

loudneon said:
My saga

T

lol very funny

ForeverZ3RO said:
Got it fixed! Tricked my phone into thinking it was charged when starting it up. Got my ICE CREAM SANDWICH! Thanks everyone!

I'm glad everything is working perfectly, enjoy your ICS =)

For everyone else, I might have a way easier method coming through.

natevines

Reaction score
Hey guys, I feel I have a bit of a unique experience here (albeit didn't read the whole thread) in that I didn't need Matt's app. I followed the OP's instructions to a T and it bricked. I simply went back and did it again and it worked. That was it. This was an unrooted, pretty much stock Maxx...