OFFICAL OTA .zip Installation Guide Droid Razr & Razr Maxx

bjmoore30

Reaction score
I think someone said if you get it into ap fastboot mode. Its the mode you need to be in to connect it to the computer. Whats your phone doing now? You might as well try to do the matt utility thing. I don't know if you have any other choice.

I got into AP Fastboot. I did the power vol + vol -. THen did the vol + and Vol -. Then did the BP Tools and nothing. Matt's utility won't work because it says my battery is low

BlownSi05

Reaction score
So using Matt's utility, how long is it supposed to take to run through Option #1? My phone is now completely broke and it seems to hang up while running option 1. Any ideas?

Scott0719

Reaction score
I got into AP Fastboot. I did the power vol + vol -. THen did the vol + and Vol -. Then did the BP Tools and nothing. Matt's utility won't work because it says my battery is low

I'm sorry dude. I don't know what to tell you then. I'm not savvy enough with this stuff to give any advice other than what I have done. I suggest googling what to do if no one on here can help.

RAZRuser89

Reaction score

Yup... I'm still having the same thing too. What do you guys think would happen if I did the "wipe data/factory reset" option under recovery?

Scott0719

Reaction score

Maybe try leaving your phone in AP fastboot and on the charger. I think thats what someone told me to do earlier. Leave it like that for an hour or so then try matts utility again.

Scott0719

Reaction score
Yup... I'm still having the same thing too. What do you guys think would happen if I did the "wipe data/factory reset" option under recovery?

I don't think it would do anything. I would try getting it charged and doing the matt utility.

BlownSi05

Reaction score
A note for everyone....

I had posted that my phone had messed up trying to run Matt's Utility Option #1. Just figured out the problem was USB 3.0 ports on my pc. Apparently the batch file and the phone do not like using the USB 3.0. Plugged the phone into the rear USB 2.0 ports and the tool worked with no issues.

bjmoore30

Reaction score
I will say this - RDA990 is the man. He knows I am struggling and he is PM'ing me to try and help me out. What a guy :hail:

or gal

Scott0719

Reaction score
I will say this - RDA990 is the man. He knows I am struggling and he is PM'ing me to try and help me out. What a guy :hail:

or gal

Thats great. Now if only he or someone could help these other guys. I feel really bad for them.

Can you or someone else maybe answer this, when do you know when the first attempt failed? Do you get a message of some kind? I don't remember seeing any error 7 or whatever. I would like to try again but i'm nervous after what happened to me earlier and how bad these other guys are doing. Although there problem seems to be that they aren't charged up.

OP
rda990

rda990

Reaction score
Scott0719 said:
Thats great. Now if only he or someone could help these other guys. I feel really bad for them.

Can you or someone else maybe answer this, when do you know when the first attempt failed? Do you get a message of some kind? I don't remember seeing any error 7 or whatever. I would like to try again but i'm nervous after what happened to me earlier and how bad these other guys are doing. Although there problem seems to be that they aren't charged up.

I'm helping as many people as i can, I'm PMing them all, the only issue left is people decided to go hard and upgrade with about 30% battery left, when the OP specifically says NOT to do that. The reason to have good enough battery life is for these cases when we need to AP Fastboot. I think we all get how to AP fastboot for those who have enough battery left. Last problem to solve is the low battery issue. Since you say you don't remember seeing an error, did you just reboot back to GB?

bjmoore30

Reaction score
I'm helping as many people as i can, I'm PMing them all, the only issue left is people decided to go hard and upgrade with about 30% battery left, when the OP specifically says NOT to do that. The reason to have good enough battery life is for these cases when we need to AP Fastboot. I think we all get how to AP fastboot for those who have enough battery left. Last problem to solve is the low battery issue. Since you say you don't remember seeing an error, did you just reboot back to GB?

When I started I had 100% battery :) it took a while to solve the soft brick issue. now I am in desperation mode and RDA is my own personal Jesus Christ right now. Thanks RDA. If you are close to Pittsburgh let me know and I will buy you a case of beer.

OP
rda990

rda990

Reaction score
bjmoore30 said:
When I started I had 100% battery :) it took a while to solve the soft brick issue. now I am in desperation mode and RDA is my own personal Jesus Christ right now. Thanks RDA. If you are close to Pittsburgh let me know and I will buy you a case of beer.

100%? And now your battery is too low for AP? lol and reply to the PM so we can further try more things, and is Maryland close enough? =D

Scott0719

Reaction score

I did reboot back to GB. I used the matt utility thing and then followed steps you gave to someone who was stuck at the M dual core screen. I'm up and running on GB and I think i'll keep it that way till the OTA. I don't know when I would see the error message so I don't want to risk ruining anything. Earlier you said that its supposed to fail the first time and to not let it try and reboot and then try the install again. When would you try the second installation? I still want to try again but i'm trying to fight the urge lol.

I hope you didn't take my post about someone helping the other guys as rude. I didn't mean it that way I figured you had your hands full I just felt bad for them cause i've seen them posting on here for hours.