Note 7 Purchasers Get $425 Trade In Credit Towards The Note 8

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
bgr-galaxy-note-7-9-jpg.77787

It was sort of awkward today when Samsung's Mobile Chief DJ Koh had to recognize the disaster that was the Note 7 of last year. That being said Samsung has taken many steps to fix this and will be rewarding Note 7 buyers for their continued patronage. If you purchased a Note 7 you will be able to trade in your current device for a $425 credit towards your Note 8 purchase which seems pretty generous of Samsung. It seems like the Note lineup is as popular as ever, and that most people who suffered the recall have stuck with Samsung. Will this trade in credit be enough to draw you back in if you had decided to no longer do business with Samsung after the recall?

Attachments

• bgr-galaxy-note-7-9.jpg
    bgr-galaxy-note-7-9.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 3,971

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I would not trust samsung with trade ins. too many brand new phones were declared non-working during their last trade in round. They should give former note 7 owners a discount without trading in any phones.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
I'll trade in my pixel no questions asked.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

realged13

Reaction score
Reading somewhere that is was UP to $425. Which means that my OG Turbo might get crap, while others will get a much higher return. Hopefully, there is a minimum like $250 so it makes it worthwhile for me. Obviously, I am going to take what I can get, but still.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Looking at the pre-order details from Verizon, below is what they offer...

Of course, I'm sure there are very few phones that will get you a $480 credit but it's not limited to only previous Note 7 owners.
0807035dfdde613aa4c0ccd8a78ccadc.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Did anyone preorder? Tis did ya find out what is on the list for diacount

Sent using Tapatalk

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Did anyone preorder? Tis did ya find out what is on the list for diacount

Sent using Tapatalk
Verizon lists most of the smart phones from the past three or four years as eligible. I'm sure some of them will not get much of a discount. Samsung also has a trade-in offer with newer Samsung, Apple, Pixel, LG phones being eligible.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Verizon lists most of the smart phones from the past three or four years as eligible. I'm sure some of them will not get much of a discount. Samsung also has a trade-in offer with newer Samsung, Apple, Pixel, LG phones being eligible.

You ordering?

Sent using Tapatalk

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
You ordering?

Sent using Tapatalk
I am but waiting till September, I think. It's such a gamble because there may be some decent incentives now but maybe there will be better ones in a month or two. Or maybe better colors. I have to wonder what some of the incentives might be when Apple comes out with their new iPhone. Decisions, decisions, decisions!

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I am but waiting till September, I think. It's such a gamble because there may be some decent incentives now but maybe there will be better ones in a month or two. Or maybe better colors. I have to wonder what some of the incentives might be when Apple comes out with their new iPhone. Decisions, decisions, decisions!

I think you can still get some great deals after... It happened with the S8/S8+ and I'm sure Sammy will keep trying hardest to get them in more peeps hands

Sent using Tapatalk

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Gotta love the fact that Verizon is gonna force you to drag the trade in value out over a 24 month payment plan as a discount rather than letting you buy it outright.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Gotta love the fact that Verizon is gonna force you to drag the trade in value out over a 24 month payment plan as a discount rather than letting you buy it outright.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
It's not only Verizon... Most deals for discounted phones will be over the 2 year devixe equipment contract... I don't get mad on them for that one...

Sent using Tapatalk