Why Does The Note 8 Have A Smaller Battery?

JRatliff

Reaction score
Looks nice, the new one says it will have a 5100mah battery! I'd buy that.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Shoot, that's sweeeet! Wonder if available in the states and what carriers it would work on.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Of course not. I don't even wonder about that anymore. "off brand or little known brand" not VZW ready. Thank you, Verizon, for saving me so much money. I would have bought at least 3 more phones if they worked on VZW.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm new here and the note 8 is my first galaxy phone and loving it can't believe I stayed with apple for almost 10 years the battery on the note is great I lasted over 12 hours with moderate use so I know it would last me a whole day with heavy use but my my thing is turn down screen brightness and the resolution down but in all I love this thing

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Hey guys I'm new here and the note 8 is my first galaxy phone and loving it can't believe I stayed with apple for almost 10 years the battery on the note is great I lasted over 12 hours with moderate use so I know it would last me a whole day with heavy use but my my thing is turn down screen brightness and the resolution down but in all I love this thing

Welcome to DroidForums, jay.brooks.73307 and welcome to the world of Android! Enjoy your note 8! It's a great phone. I can't wait to get mine. Trying to be patient, hoping the price might drop a little before I order mine but it's not easy.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8

yep, the note 8 battery is great. Mine has been off the charger for 9 hours with moderate usage and it shows 82 percent left. It is the best of all the notes I have owned over the years.

turning down the resolution and brightness works also what helps is making sure all apps are closed when not in use.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Reaction score
What are some good battery saving tips besides screen brightness?

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Android and Google have both pretty much said publicly that "background apps" do not really impact battery life at all. They aren't truly running.

Apple exec: Background apps on iPhones don't gobble up battery

I feel like they have to be running to an extent... Every now and again, my phone starts getting very laggy when scrolling around, and when I go to my apps and "Clear All", my phone is smooth again. I mean, they're doing enough to make an impact on the performance of my device anyways.

Reaction score
I notice on the note 8 when you leave alot of apps running and then close them you lose battery life

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
What are some good battery saving tips besides screen brightness?

Turn off BT and Wifi when not in use.
Set location to Device Only
Minimal savings but savings none the less.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk