Sprint Offers Note 7 Owners Free Phones

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
That's insanity talking. IMO.
A quick check and there are probably 30+ items in my home with Lithium power supplies, any of which could by your words become a flammable issue to burn my house down. Anything is possible, with those, the wiring in the house, the brakes or airbag in the car.

Not worried or need money from Samsung.

Sent from my New Note 7
Insanity? Here is the reality check for you

"He told WKYT that he woke up at 4AM to find his bedroom filled with smoke and his phone on fire. Later in the day, he went to the hospital with acute bronchitis caused by smoke inhalation."

Insanity for you is common sense to others that some on this forum seem to lack.

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Insanity? Here is the reality check for you

"He told WKYT that he woke up at 4AM to find his bedroom filled with smoke and his phone on fire. Later in the day, he went to the hospital with acute bronchitis caused by smoke inhalation."

Insanity for you is common sense to others that some on this forum seem to lack.
Keep drinking the coolaid.

Sent from my New Note 7

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Do you not read the news or posts on this forum?

Keep living in your fantasy world ;)

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score

I do, and unfortunately so many are from you crying. Either live with technology and the faults that will arise or not, it's your choice, I've made mine, and I'll live with it, somewhat quietly.

Sent from my New Note 7

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Sigh... time to exchange.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I'm calling bullshirt on the last news story. Show me a screenshot of the supposed "accidental" text. Samsung handling something that serious via text message?
A pillow or other object that stops air flow could have caused that fire. There's a reason why they post warnings not to cover cords with rugs and other similarities: To protect companies from dumbass.
I live in Richmond Virginia area and there's NOTHING about the supposed last link on my local news. Dude contacts the Verge only?
de065f9d19c92c75232eb77f8f2752ea.jpg

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

Last edited:

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
More notes are exploding over at Korea and Taiwan. We are now up to 6 incidents.

A "safe" Note 7 exploded in Taiwan while inside a woman's pants pocket.
A Note 7 caught fire in a South Korean baseball stadium. The owner says the unit is "a new one."
A Note 7 caught fire in a South Korean Burger King. It's unknown if it's a replacement or not, but the majority of devices in South Korea have been replaced.

Source: We’re now up to five reports of “safe” Galaxy Note 7s exploding worldwide

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
More notes are exploding over at Korea and Taiwan. We are now up to 6 incidents.

A "safe" Note 7 exploded in Taiwan while inside a woman's pants pocket.
A Note 7 caught fire in a South Korean baseball stadium. The owner says the unit is "a new one."
A Note 7 caught fire in a South Korean Burger King. It's unknown if it's a replacement or not, but the majority of devices in South Korea have been replaced.

Source: We’re now up to five reports of “safe” Galaxy Note 7s exploding worldwide
Good thing you don't have one ain't it?

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm calling bullshirt on the last news story. Show me a screenshot of the supposed "accidental" text. Samsung handling something that serious via text message?
A pillow or other object that stops air flow could have caused that fire. There's a reason why they post warnings not to cover cords with rugs and other similarities: To protect companies from dumbass.
I live in Richmond Virginia area and there's NOTHING about the supposed last link on my local news. Dude contacts the Verge only?
de065f9d19c92c75232eb77f8f2752ea.jpg

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><
For argument's sake let's say you are right. I mean I'm sceptical about the text. Executives are smart about that stuff and if any one is going to be a contract point it is going to be a lawyer and everything WILL be documented.

But this is why Samsung has to get ahead of this. They are better off recalling the note 7 and swapping them with s7 Edge and get to the bottom of what happened. Better to take the loss now of a device reputation that you can recover from than a company reputation.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk