Samsung Not Looking To Pay Additional Compensation For Galaxy Note 7 Owners

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

After the final recall and discontinuation of the Galaxy Note 7 Samsung was pretty generous in not only refunding their customers who bought the faulty devices, but also gave a coupon towards purchasing a new device at a lower price, and has given Note 7 buyers the option to upgrade to the unreleased Galaxy S8 at half the full price. Samsung feels like they have done more than enough to make Note 7 buyers whole, but there is still a class action lawsuit which claims Samsung is still responsible for further damages incurred when consumers had to go through the trouble of exchanging their devices.

There are 2,400 consumers involved in this class action lawsuit and they are seeking compensation of $426 each to make up for their time. I still think that Samsung has gone above and beyond in correcting this, and the only ones entitled to more compensation would be the first several who were injured by their Note 7 before it was common knowledge that these devices could randomly catch fire. What are your thoughts? Should Note 7 buyers entitled to even more compensation?

via SamMobile

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Wow. Yeah hopefully the judges throw them out.

The only compensation I say Samsung should have to pay are those that are proven to have cause property and/or personal damage. Other than that $500 minus court costs and headache is not even worth it.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
$426 each? After lawyer fees that'll equal out to every person in the suit will owe the lawyers $4260

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
I don't get the entitlement that some people carry.... Samsung has done their part everyone needs to move on..

Sent from my Sexy IPhone 7+