More Than A Million People Are Still Using Their Note 7

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Samsung took the high road earlier this month rolling out a global recall and refunding every customer that bought a Note 7. Samsung has urged all Note 7 users to turn off and return their Note 7s more than once. Not only will Samsung fully refund those who bought a Note 7 they are also offering a $100 credit towards the purchase of a new Samsung device. Aside from the incentives Samsung is giving out they have also sent out an update to limit the charge of the Note 7 to 60%.

All of this has not dissuaded some users from keeping and using their Note 7 devices. Apparently more than a million Note 7 devices are still out in the wild and being used daily. The statistic is what is being reported by South Korean publication Korea JoonAng Daily. Some who were interviewed explained that they are not even planning on exchanging their phone. One man said he would hold onto his Note 7 until the Galaxy S8 arrives.

via SamMobile

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
wouldn't be surprised if Samsung releases OTAs crippling the device
Yes, the device is potential hazard, but not sure if Sammy has a legal right to shut it down.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
That's the only way my SO will stop using hers, if Sammy pushes an update that renders it useless.
Plus, the camera on this thing is amazing! A low light picture taken this evening. The sun had dropped behind the mountains 30 minutes before this was taken. Incredible.
9d5d5d3fe3796d853522bc0ea846454b.jpg

S5 tap'n

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes, the device is potential hazard, but not sure if Sammy has a legal right to shut it down.
All they'd have to do is hire the one that sent the last "good" "bug fix" updates to the Incredible 1 and Rezound. They wouldn't technically be shutting it down but it'd be stuck in a boot loop where it won't power on past the logo screen.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

thc1967

Reaction score
wouldn't be surprised if Samsung releases OTAs crippling the device

I hear that's supposed to happen around the end of this year, but I can't point to any published rumor on that yet. I'd love to hang onto mine, but with my suspicion that they'll shut the phone down completely, I'll swap it around. Eventually.

shockracer

Reaction score
That was our plan, hold on to them until the the S8 came out. But now my company is jumping on the bandwagon and banning them from work... so we ended up go for the S7 Edge. really hoping Samsung offers a trading deal for Samsung users when the S8 comes out!

Viktorr

Reaction score
Still waiting on my iPhone 7 Plus to get off of backorder, so that's why I still use my Note7...though I don't really want to give up this phone. I'll give Apple until the end of next week to get my phone shipped to me. If they don't, I'll take a serious look at the LG V20.

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
And with a million + left in theoretical use, is anyone surprised that we haven't heard any news of any more flaming Note7's?
I'm not.
While I may eat my words, I think that they pulled the plug too soon.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
That's one reason many have suggested, malicious corporate involvement in the "fires", I believe that to be 99% true.

Edited from my New Note 7

Last edited:

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
That's one reason many have suggest corporate involvement in the "fires", I believe that to be 99% true.

Sent from my New Note 7
Me too! The iPhone 7 simply couldn't compete with Sammy's latest. Corporate espionage/sabotage happens more often than you would think.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk