The Note 7 Is Being Inspected By South Korea's State-run Lab

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

After several Samsung Galaxy Note 7 devices caught fire and Samsung recalled 2 million devices Samsung had to officially discontinue the phone. Recalled units that Samsung promised to be safe also started to spontaneously catch fire. Samsung still has not determined the issue causing these phones to catch fire. South Korea's State-Run Laboratory "Korea Testing Laboratory" will be investigating this whole issue to try to determine the source of the issue. The lab will receive 5 Note 7 devices which caught fire. It was reported that the Lab would be using X-ray and computerized tomography, but so far the lab has not received the devices. The lab has announced that they will eventually announce the cause of the Note 7 catching fire. We don't know how long the testing will take, but hopefully we will finally know what went wrong with the Note 7.

via Sammobile

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
I think they will probably find that the failures are due to a faulty charging circuit.

I am just using one pic as an example but if you google search this you will find plenty of similar pics.

On the pic below you can see where there is a lot more damage to the board around where the contact points and circuit are for the battery as well as the cable being totally fried to the point it left an impression on the burned up battery, if you notice not too many of the other areas around the battery have been damaged from the heat generated from the battery (yet). Luckily enough for the owner it stopped before it progressed further.
Samsung_Galaxy_Note_7_burned.jpg

Last edited:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Looking at the ifixit videos when they took it apart, my guess will be the batteries were damaged during install. Something was pinched that allowed the battery internals to come in contact with the casing.

Interesting to see what the final verdict end up being.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Looking at the ifixit videos when they took it apart, my guess will be the batteries were damaged during install. Something was pinched that allowed the battery internals to come in contact with the casing.

Interesting to see what the final verdict end up being.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
That's what they said happened in the first batch, that only 1 of the 2 factories (Samsung better factory not the aftermarket one) was having a problem and it turned out during install the skin was getting punctured on a slight few. There's a thread about it somewhere here on the forum.
It's the same scenario as vapers having their mods catch fire from damaged battery skin that you might have read about so any vape shop worth their salt after battery skin inspections and rewraps if the skin looks like it could use it. Those lithium ion batteries can be pretty nasty stuff if abused or mishandled. It's a wonder there aren't more reported problems worldwide with how they're used in so many devices that get beat up on a daily basis.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><