The Note 8 Already Outpacing Galaxy S8 and S8+ Sales

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
bgr-galaxy-note-8-8-jpg.77853

With the Note 7 fiasco many Note series fans have been chomping at the bits to finally get their hands on a new Note device. With preorders live Samsung is reporting that they received 395,000 preorders on day 1 in South Korea alone. To put that in perspective South Korean pre-orders for the Note 7 had only reached 380,000 by the thirteenth day. The Galaxy S8 duo received 550,000 preorders in the first two days in South Korea so the Note 8 is already set to outpace both of those devices. Of course this doesn't mean the Note 8 will be more popular internationally. It will have to compete with the LG V30 and the iPhone 8. It is great to see Note series performing so well after last year.

via AndroidAuthority

Attachments

• bgr-galaxy-note-8-8.jpg
    bgr-galaxy-note-8-8.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 2,813

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
and here I thought the phone was not selling so well so they shipped early for the exposure and word of mouth. the bad thing is, if the phone is selling so well, it means we will see more 1k or more priced phones because people will still buy them in droves

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I'm checking deals and second party sales.. Never know if I jump from S8+ up to Note 8

Sent using Tapatalk

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I'm checking deals and second party sales.. Never know if I jump from S8+ up to Note 8

Sent using Tapatalk
Keep us posted if you come across any new deals. I'm hoping when the iPhone 8 is released, we will see some new deals on the N8.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Keep us posted if you come across any new deals. I'm hoping when the iPhone 8 is released, we will see some new deals on the N8.

Yup I most certainly keep y’all posted ...I agree we should see better deals come iPhone

Sent using Tapatalk

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I'm hoping!

ayanav

Banned
Reaction score
A part from 2GB of ram in addition and a screen 0.1 "more its justifies the 300 $ more than a Galaxy S8 +?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
galaxy note 4 galaxy s7

Last edited:

NoStopN

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7
Twitter
@NoStopN
I don't think anything justifies the price jump for the N8 over the S8+. People using older devices will be the big targets for Samsung. I have an S7 that still runs great & looks brand new. But, last week I pre-ordered one & took the trade in offer from Sammy. I did at least get the unlocked one. I liked my Note 2 many years ago. The Note phones have some minor software tweaks & add-ons, even if you don't use the S-pen.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I am waiting for someone to do a price breakdown on the parts. I do agree, it seems to be way too high but...thats Samsung for you and you really do not have a choice if you want one now.

one thing, someone mentioned 300 buck difference between the n8 and s8+, it is more like 200 from what I have seen :)

jhardy93

Reaction score
I preordered mine over the weekend. Never thought I would own one. But T Mobile had a buy one get one free which essentially cuts the price in half for my wife and I who both needed new phones. So I guess, what do they say, timimg is everything. Supposed to get here any day now. So we will see.