NEW: When Will the ThunderBolt be Available for Purchase?

When will it be available?

• Thursday, March 3rd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Friday, March 4th

• Thursday, March 10th

• Thursday, March 17th

• Later than March 17th

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mercedestech77

Reaction score
Has the HTC Thunderbolt page changed. It seems to be giving longer descriptions of the phone then it was. Also I noticed it said the mobile hot spot feature was for up to 5 devices... wasn't it previously 8?

R

rushmore

All I know is what will the people say today that fell for the "article" passed around again yesterday?

1. Stores do NOT have TBs
2. No announcements planned (unless VZW have failed to tell their corporate stores).
3. VZW corp stores show NOTHING for today in regards to new product information.

Perspective:

1. HTC "forcing" VZW to make a call today and release now
2. VZW has TBs in their stores NOW
3. The device has been ready for weeks (which refutes reports of tech issues from some sources that have been solid for info in the past).

No way to spin it. The people that report this stuff (the sources) are lying (how can they not be?). At what point do folks dismiss some of these sources and stop proliferating their "reports"? Making stuff up or embellishing nothing into something is lying.

Funny stuff, none the less :)

Added:

I was too harsh in my line here, so did an edit: The forums WOULD be more boring without our creators of information :)

:)

derekmiller12

Reaction score
Has the HTC Thunderbolt page changed. It seems to be giving longer descriptions of the phone then it was. Also I noticed it said the mobile hot spot feature was for up to 5 devices... wasn't it previously 8?

On mine it still says 8 mobile hot spots..

derekmiller12

Reaction score
Verizon hasnt put their commercials back up have they? All I see now is the HTC one.. Wonder why they took them down..

mercedestech77

Reaction score
It says 5 on mine...

Beyond wireless. Launch a mobile hotspot and just like that, your phone turns into a wireless router, delivering a wi-fi connection and the power of 4G to 5 different devices.

StinkyPete

Reaction score
I was in a Verizon store in St. Louis yesterday and actually held a dummy Thunderbolt. I have been waiting to get a smartphone for almost a year, first thinking I wanted a Verizon iPhone. I have been gently pushed to an Android phone by two of my children who are in the IT field. Now I am just tired of Verizon's drama over the release of new phones to end so that I can finally enjoy the technology of the Android phone.

I know I could purchase a Droid X or Incredible but I prefer "this year" technology over phones that are almost a year old. Actually, I would like to purchase the Incredible 2, if and when it ever gets released, due to the fact I live in an area which probably won't se LTE until near the end of the phase in by Verizon.

I am in my mid-fifties and don't usually submit to forums, but like many of you I am dumbfounded as to why Verizon insists on making such a drawn out production of releasing new phones. I thought the iPhone would never get released and when it finally did it came with apparant lackluster purchasing from the buying public. We never saw the news reports of crowds rushing the verizon stores to pick up Verizon iPhones like we did when the iPad was released. And releasing it only a couple of months before Apple's rumored release of it's latest updated phone (iPhone 5) was enough of a deterent to keep me from having interest in purchasing one.

I am using a defective LG ENVY Touch and in January a Verizon rep suggested I just wait until February 14 and I would be able to purchase the Thunderbolt. Since the 14th Verizon continues to tell me to limp along with my damaged phone just a little while longer as the Thunderbolt in "coming out soon". After being a Verizon customer for 20 years (with Ameritech prior to Verizon buyout) I would appreciate a little more honesty for my loyality. I don't blame the reps because I feel they are just as blind as we are, but I do fualt Verizon management for their POOR product handling.

I completely agree with you. I'm in my late 30's so I've developed the patience that comes from maturity but it is frustrating just he handling of the release. To stay quiet and not even explain the delay is just mind blowing to me. Especially when you consider that some of your customers are at the end of their contract and can simply go get an HTC phone from another carrier. My thing with the TB is that it is the latest in tech plus it's HTC. I love the Sense UI so I am really wanting this phone and have no problems waiting..IF I KNEW WHY I WAS WAITING!! I strongly believe when I compare this phone to other HTC phones that are available that the TB is better. The idea that Verizon refuses to recognize that a smalll minority of their customers are eagerly anticipating this phone and just want to know when they can buy it is insulting. We are the ones that go and tell the uniformed majority they should buy this phone, just like your sons educated you. I'm very disappointed in Verizon because I do think its them..not HTC that is causing this problem.

I guess I don't look at this as a failure until 3/31 (end of Q1) has passed. Verizon has hinted at an earlier release in tweets and comments, so if it comes next Thursday (3/10) it will be 3 weeks early.

The last OFFICIAL status from Verizon was:

(1) CFO - coming very soon, new 4G pricing coming with it.
(2) Tweet - appreciate the excitement, we are working to make it all great, be calm
(3) Website - Strikes Soon

Verizon may have internally discussed getting it out before now, and maybe word of that leaked, but until they make it official, it is just an internal discussion between the various departments (sales, marketing, PR, tech, Sr. management, etc.).

BB jumped the gun plain and simple. If Verizon told them officially it was coming and to go ahead and advertise it for $249 to be released on 2/14, then you can bet Best Buy would be suing them now for damages.

I am really hoping for a 3/10 release (my ENV Touch is starting to fail with its touch settings and I am tired of looking at the wife and my son using their Fascinates).

derekmiller12

Reaction score
It says 5 on mine...

Beyond wireless. Launch a mobile hotspot and just like that, your phone turns into a wireless router, delivering a wi-fi connection and the power of 4G to 5 different devices.

Mine says Immense Power At Your Fingertips, A Mobile Hot Spot For Up To 8 Devices, & Stream Video At Scorching 4G LTE Speeds.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I don't know ladies and gentlemen. Something is up with this handset and I think they are going to release an unpolished product on you all.

Although I do agree with "where there is smoke there is fire". The flip side of that is VZWs (tweet was it?) where they said we are waiting to insure that the product is perfect.
They will patch it up the best they can but at this stage of the game its a little too late. Band Aides and scotch tape time.......

Sent from my Droid

experiment626

Reaction score
I mean, this phone was ready last fall in 3G form, we were all clamoring about it on here, but Verizon said, "No HTC, let's release it with this LTE thing we're coming out with next year" and pretty much has stumbled with it ever since then.
In other Forums it's been suggested that Verizon's waiting until it can officially announce it's LTE Plans,that way there won't be any grandfathered plans. The tiered LTE Plans will be device-specific. Any LTE handset will be required to be on an LTE Plan. Much like AT&T required the special data plans on the iPhone. The fact that Johnboy in the other thread said that his Thunderbolt wouldn't work at all without the LTE SIM card leads me to believe this is very possible.

mercedestech77

Reaction score
It says 5 on mine...

Mine says Immense Power At Your Fingertips, A Mobile Hot Spot For Up To 8 Devices, & Stream Video At Scorching 4G LTE Speeds.

Yes on Verizon's page but I was referring to HTC's page.

derekmiller12

Reaction score
I mean, this phone was ready last fall in 3G form, we were all clamoring about it on here, but Verizon said, "No HTC, let's release it with this LTE thing we're coming out with next year" and pretty much has stumbled with it ever since then.
In other Forums it's been suggested that Verizon's waiting until it can officially announce it's LTE Plans,that way there won't be any grandfathered plans. The tiered LTE Plans will be device-specific. Any LTE handset will be required to be on an LTE Plan. Much like AT&T required the special data plans on the iPhone. The fact that Johnboy in the other thread said that his Thunderbolt wouldn't work at all without the LTE SIM card leads me to believe this is very possible.

Can Verizon make you pay for something that you dont have access to? I bet that would piss alot of people off including myself if I got the TB and they made me pay extra for 4G when I don't have it nor anyplace near me has it.. I dont think thats right.. I want the TB because its going to to be new technology, the 4G isnt really a issue with me..IMO they should have it the same as the 3G atleast until they have the same coverage as the 3G... If not thats a giant rip off..

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I don't know ladies and gentlemen. Something is up with this handset and I think they are going to release an unpolished product on you all.

Although I do agree with "where there is smoke there is fire". The flip side of that is VZWs (tweet was it?) where they said we are waiting to insure that the product is perfect.
They will patch it up the best they can but at this stage of the game its a little too late. Band Aides and scotch tape time.......

Sent from my Droid

I would agree but HTC is actually known for good devices. They are also known for horrible battery life. But until I hear that motorola has droppped blur and/or unlocked the encrypted bootloader then I am probably will stay in the htc line.

Status
Not open for further replies.