NEW: When Will the ThunderBolt be Available for Purchase?

When will it be available?

• Thursday, March 3rd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Friday, March 4th

• Thursday, March 10th

• Thursday, March 17th

• Later than March 17th

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
... i just hope these LTE handsets don't have issues on 3G, since I won't have LTE for a while... I'm not really interested in the second gen of the X and Dinc, or the 3rd gen Droid...

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I think it's a combination of the phone and network. Where there's smoke, and there has been a TON of it, there is fire.

I don't care how bad I wanted a device this is a HUGE red flag.

Good luck on this one : )

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Maybe the best approach is just to not be first. Let the initial rush get their phones and wait and see what the reviews are.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think it's a combination of the phone and network. Where there's smoke, and there has been a TON of it, there is fire.

I don't care how bad I wanted a device this is a HUGE red flag.

Good luck on this one : )

Well I want a new one bad... my OG Droid has only survived this long because my temper has softened greatly in recent years :)

... but the RED flag is out on this one, I will be holding off (at least for some real world results) before I make any decision.

ScienceSoma

Reaction score
This i do agree with i think best buy needs to offer a refund if u really want one.... so chris let me ask u a question if best buy called and said hey u can get ur 50$ pre order back would u go get it?? or be like naaa i still want this phone.... if u would not go get it then why are u even complaining?? wow with the way interest rates are u lost what a whole 25 cents maybe if that!

I do not want a refund, I just want the phone. If BB can put it in my hands before Verizon, I will use the gift card towards the phone. If I will get the phone a day earlier if I pre-order online from Verizon's website, I will do that instead. Whichever is quicker. If I buy from VZW, I will either get a refund for the BB card, or use it on something else at BB. I have never pre-ordered something a month ahead of time with nothing to show for it, that coupled with the lack of communication from VZW is the only reason I'm upset. It's not the money I'm losing in interest, its the principle of the thing.
I am upset for the same reason as GChris. I did request a refund (and got it) for my pre-order because the TB was going to be released while BB's free buy back program on mobile devices was instated. They said for sure the 14th, then they told me definitely the 24th: "It's our day, it's Verizon's official day, it'll definitely be here." Two people at once told me, one was a "manager." Free buy back ended 26th. When asked if I could extend before then if it didn't arrive, they said definitely. On the 27th I asked, they said absolutely not. It's now cheaper for me to use my $30 NE2, so refund and frustration at certainty that was obviously never certain given to them by VZW.

shortsxit

Reaction score
I kinda of want to just go with an Incredible, but there's supposed to be an Incredible 2 coming out, probably soon. Or a Droid X. Or a *shudder* iPhone...

StevieJ

Reaction score
Maybe the best approach is just to not be first. Let the initial rush get their phones and wait and see what the reviews are.

I follow this bit of advice with all newly released tech. I never planned on getting the TB at launch as I want to wait a few days to a week to see how it pans out.

blackngray70

Reaction score

I follow this bit of advice with all newly released tech. I never planned on getting the TB at launch as I want to wait a few days to a week to see how it pans out.

Not me, I will get this phone the day it finally launches. That's what the warranty is for.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score

Not me, I will get this phone the day it finally launches. That's what the warranty is for.

That's one way of doing it! :)

blackngray70

Reaction score

That's one way of doing it! :)

That's right, you have a year and if there are any major issues with the phone then just take it in and get a brand new updated phone.

swamp

Reaction score
I don't know ladies and gentlemen. Something is up with this handset and I think they are going to release an unpolished product on you all.

Although I do agree with "where there is smoke there is fire". The flip side of that is VZWs (tweet was it?) where they said we are waiting to insure that the product is perfect.

bramz

Reaction score
I was in a Verizon store in St. Louis yesterday and actually held a dummy Thunderbolt. I have been waiting to get a smartphone for almost a year, first thinking I wanted a Verizon iPhone. I have been gently pushed to an Android phone by two of my children who are in the IT field. Now I am just tired of Verizon's drama over the release of new phones to end so that I can finally enjoy the technology of the Android phone.

I know I could purchase a Droid X or Incredible but I prefer "this year" technology over phones that are almost a year old. Actually, I would like to purchase the Incredible 2, if and when it ever gets released, due to the fact I live in an area which probably won't se LTE until near the end of the phase in by Verizon.

I am in my mid-fifties and don't usually submit to forums, but like many of you I am dumbfounded as to why Verizon insists on making such a drawn out production of releasing new phones. I thought the iPhone would never get released and when it finally did it came with apparant lackluster purchasing from the buying public. We never saw the news reports of crowds rushing the verizon stores to pick up Verizon iPhones like we did when the iPad was released. And releasing it only a couple of months before Apple's rumored release of it's latest updated phone (iPhone 5) was enough of a deterent to keep me from having interest in purchasing one.

I am using a defective LG ENVY Touch and in January a Verizon rep suggested I just wait until February 14 and I would be able to purchase the Thunderbolt. Since the 14th Verizon continues to tell me to limp along with my damaged phone just a little while longer as the Thunderbolt in "coming out soon". After being a Verizon customer for 20 years (with Ameritech prior to Verizon buyout) I would appreciate a little more honesty for my loyality. I don't blame the reps because I feel they are just as blind as we are, but I do fualt Verizon management for their POOR product handling.

sansavi

Reaction score
I feel like the whole view that its imperfect is skewed. If verizon was intent to put out a device that was anything close to subpar, we would've all purchased and begun complaining about this thing already. I assure you all they aren't holding this for fun. We've heard they're addressing more issues than I care to list.

The phone will be exactly what we want, and well all have this thing in pocket soon enough. We've waited like five months plus, I'm sure we can pull off a week or two.

bramz

Reaction score
Sansavi my point is that I would just appreciate some straight forward communication from Verizon regarding a new phone purchase. There is a ton of information to be gathered from the WWW about the Thunderbolt and other phones but Verizon has instilled secrecy from all its employees regarding these products. When I am given a date from a Verizon employee when I can replace a defective phone with a new product (February 14 for the Thunderbolt), and then weeks pass and the product is not released I am a little put out. I am staying with Verizon because normally their customer service is outstanding but Verizon management could have handled their new phone releases better.

Now there seems to be substantial proof that Verizon has purchased the Incredible S to be marketed as the Verizon Incredible 2 and yet no one with Verizon has any knowledge of this phone. The Incredible 2 is probably a better phone for me now, and for the year or two, due to the fact that I live in an area where LTE is not even on anyones radar at this time. While the Thunderbolt I saw yesterday was a very nice phone that felt great in my hands, I am hesitant to spend $300 and possibly higher data charges for a phone and service I will not be able to utilize

Status
Not open for further replies.