NEW: When Will the ThunderBolt be Available for Purchase?

When will it be available?

• Thursday, March 3rd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Friday, March 4th

• Thursday, March 10th

• Thursday, March 17th

• Later than March 17th

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

electric6

Reaction score
BTW, HTC has a killer dual core chipset releasing late summer...

Technically speaking the the coming dual core chipset (or even more technically correct the SoC - system on chip) comes from the chip companies such as Qualcomm, Samsung, Ericsson, nVidia, etc. The dual coming HTC device will most likely have dual core Qualcomm SoCs.

What you said is a bit like saying Dell has a killer new hex core chipset coming.

omgosh!! I just want my god dam*ed thunderbolt!! I AM TIRED OF WAITING FOR THIS VERIZON DESIRE HD!!!

Ok.:icon_eek:

Im done ranting now. So no news??

EDIT: umm yeah the insider website still has the thunderbolt as 'its here', and listed as an event. Oddly enough, still no date for such said event.

http://www.verizoninsider.com/4g

swamp

Reaction score
HTC's LTE phones are useless without Verizon's new network.

That is not quite correct. The TB uses 4G LTE only for data for voice it uses 3G. So if you could imagine a world completely devoid of VZWs new 4G network and that you also had a TB, the device would make voice calls just fine.

kparks

Reaction score
thanks VZW??? how about u blame yourself for getting cought up in all these rumors and being so gullable!!! last thing verizon said was q1 in march so till march is over how can u blame them for anything??? im still really excited for this phone and verizon tried to push the launch forward but there were problems so why are u mad at them? your upset cuz they tried to get u the phone sooner than they stated lol... you are the prime example why not to get tied up in all these "insiders"

whoa dude take it down a notch...or 6 notches lol.

VZW sucks when releasing ANYTHING. and dont tell me you enjoy waiting for android system updates while everyone at sprint has theirs pushed months ahead of VZW.
take it down i never bumped it up a notch.. im just stating facts

bassmankc

Reaction score
just release a 3g phone since 4g is limited to 22 markets or whatever.

Actually, I believe the number of major areas with 4g is much higher. They started out with every city that had an NFL franchise, which is what 36 or 38, but I know they've added other cities since. In Ohio where I live, they have 4g in Cleveland and Cincinnati (NFL cities), and for some reason added it to Columbus. I figure they probably did that in other states too.

-Mike

No go in KC and we were better bthan the Bengals last year?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

kparks

Reaction score
thanks VZW??? how about u blame yourself for getting cought up in all these rumors and being so gullable!!! last thing verizon said was q1 in march so till march is over how can u blame them for anything??? im still really excited for this phone and verizon tried to push the launch forward but there were problems so why are u mad at them? your upset cuz they tried to get u the phone sooner than they stated lol... you are the prime example why not to get tied up in all these "insiders"

Here's why I'm mad at Verizon. They allowed Best Buy to start taking pre-orders and gave them a date for release (which ended up getting pushed back), without actually knowing whether they would be ready or not in time to start releasing the phone. Best Buy did not make up that original launch date in their system, and Best Buy did not just start taking pre-orders because it felt like it. Verizon gave them the go-ahead prematurely, and that has contributed significantly to this whole mess. I pre-ordered over 3 weeks ago (almost a month) and the phone is still not in my hands.
This i do agree with i think best buy needs to offer a refund if u really want one.... so chris let me ask u a question if best buy called and said hey u can get ur 50$ pre order back would u go get it?? or be like naaa i still want this phone.... if u would not go get it then why are u even complaining?? wow with the way interest rates are u lost what a whole 25 cents maybe if that!

bassmankc

Reaction score

That is not quite correct. The TB uses 4G LTE only for data for voice it uses 3G. So if you could imagine a world completely devoid of VZWs new 4G network and that you also had a TB, the device would make voice calls just fine.

Unless everything has changed 3G, 4G, 5G, has nothing to do with voice only data?
Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

bladerealm124

Reaction score

Touche. However, it would be wasting the Thunderbolt's largest advertised asset.

Reaction score
what about the first wave of commerical ads that said coming in feburary

I've posted a few times in defense of VZW (well perhaps as much in criticism of all those who think VZW owes them a public release date simply when they want it). I've stated that the only things VZW have claimed is Q1 and then just yesterday or the day before coming "very soon" from their CFO. I may be mistaken about this and would like the real story on 2 things.

1. Did commercials say coming February? Perhaps those commercials were only in Spanish speaking countries? See attachment.
2. BB seemed to have some good information about a 2/14 release. Is this memo real that says "delayed".

I'm surprised no one else has called me out here. Although if the ad was not in the US and if the memo was both legitimate and private (the latter is highly likely) then I suppose it is still true that they really have not made a public US announcement and I'l stick to my guns that there also has not been a "public" delay. Now a delay kept private and for very good reason does in fact seem 100% likely.

The first pic you posted was a commercial that surfaced online, and said "Febrero" at the end, but went to private shortly after. There was an English version also, but I can't remember if it said "February" or "Coming Soon", maybe somebody else remembers.

The second pic was a leaked internal Best Buy document, it is legit. The original date for release was 2/14, but it was never "hard" (subject to change, depending on VZW's will or HTC's ability to provide ample supply) and it got delayed indefinitely when VZW told them it wasn't ready yet.

There is a lot going on that have made people expect this phone and be angry at this delay (yes, I'm calling it that, even though there has been no official public announcement yet, it has undeniably been delayed numerous times), even though they are technically within their projected Q1 window still.

Reaction score
This i do agree with i think best buy needs to offer a refund if u really want one.... so chris let me ask u a question if best buy called and said hey u can get ur 50$ pre order back would u go get it?? or be like naaa i still want this phone.... if u would not go get it then why are u even complaining?? wow with the way interest rates are u lost what a whole 25 cents maybe if that!

I do not want a refund, I just want the phone. If BB can put it in my hands before Verizon, I will use the gift card towards the phone. If I will get the phone a day earlier if I pre-order online from Verizon's website, I will do that instead. Whichever is quicker. If I buy from VZW, I will either get a refund for the BB card, or use it on something else at BB. I have never pre-ordered something a month ahead of time with nothing to show for it, that coupled with the lack of communication from VZW is the only reason I'm upset. It's not the money I'm losing in interest, its the principle of the thing.

electric6

Reaction score
I almost regret taking back that inspire 4g that i had for a little over a week. It was so fast, smooth... SNAPPY. It synced perfectly with htcsense.com, had no lag whatsoever, and call quality was twice as loud and overall better than my iphone was. And to think, all im waiting for is the verizon version of this with a couple of nifty add-ons... Is it really going to be worth it??

wvdroidman

Reaction score
what's the next best phone out there since the thunderbolt is delayed INDEFINITELY. I'm beginning to think we will be getting a thunderbolt from santa now instead of earlier.

ashtray

Reaction score
Holy crap! I just checked the 4g coverage map.I have 4g coverage and didnt even know it.Man i cant wait for this friggin phone!

jdlfg

Reaction score
I almost regret taking back that inspire 4g that i had for a little over a week. It was so fast, smooth... SNAPPY. It synced perfectly with htcsense.com, had no lag whatsoever, and call quality was twice as loud and overall better than my iphone was. And to think, all im waiting for is the verizon version of this with a couple of nifty add-ons... Is it really going to be worth it??

I picked up an Inspire as well and kept it a week and was impressed. The Thunderbolt will be worth the wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.