Question about Purchasing

RyanPm40

Reaction score
My incredible is dead. I see no way of repairing it, the antenna just isn't receiving any signal.

Anyways, I want to buy the thunderbolt. My dad (on my family plan) has an upgrade available, but I don't. Is there a way I can purchase the phone with his plan and move it to mine? The only thing that appears to be an issue is I have a 29.99/mo data plan, he does not. It's saying that he NEEDS to buy a data plan in order to buy the thunderbolt. Anyway I can move the data plan I have to his line? Before I had data plans, we used to do this all the time. However, I can't pay an early cancelation fee.. I'm broke... I have no phone.

Also, slightly off-topic, we have an old dumb phone (motorola krave) kicking around the house. I wanted to switch my number to it so I can have something to contact people with in the meantime.. but it says I need to cancel my data plan in order to move the number over because it doesn't support it? I think I'm really in trouble here!

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you have an upgrade on your family plan, you can apply it to any line -- any Verizon employee can do this for you, and will probably offer when you walk in. All it takes is someone who has account management status.

Call Verizon about using the Krave in the meantime, they should be able to help you.

OP
RyanPm40

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Oh, okay, thanks!

Question:

Have you seen that ad on the droid forums news where its $174 on the letstalk.com site?
I really want to get it for that low price! But when I go to buy it on the website, it asks me to choose an extension plan and a data plan. It doesn't even ASK me for my verizon account or anything! Do I have to go buy it at the vzw store for full price?