NEW: When Will the ThunderBolt be Available for Purchase?

When will it be available?

• Thursday, March 3rd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Friday, March 4th

• Thursday, March 10th

• Thursday, March 17th

• Later than March 17th

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
32, with size of coverage increasing monthly.

The cleveland ohio area already has 4G in, quite literally, every place I have to be. Almost the entire populated area that is considered northeast ohio.

kparks

Reaction score
thanks VZW??? how about u blame yourself for getting cought up in all these rumors and being so gullable!!! last thing verizon said was q1 in march so till march is over how can u blame them for anything??? im still really excited for this phone and verizon tried to push the launch forward but there were problems so why are u mad at them? your upset cuz they tried to get u the phone sooner than they stated lol... you are the prime example why not to get tied up in all these "insiders"

derekmiller12

Reaction score
So I was on the Verizon site and the chat popped up, so I thought I would jump on there and see what they had to say about the TB. I asked the lady if she knew when the TB was coming out and she said she had no info on it and later told me that she didnt even know about the device until a customer recently asked about it. Works for Verizon and dont know the phones that are coming to your company as one of the biggest anticipated android phone? Sounds fishy.. I just thought I would share that because I found it quite funny that she tried to get me to look at the iPhone as well as the Incredible.

Java

Reaction score
I think I'm personally out of the TB. The Bionic is too close to warrant getting a single core phone... without a qHD display... no HDMI... 1400 mAh battery...
Only thing I like about it is the unlocked bootloader and Sense. But I'm sure devs will figure out something with the Bionic, they always do. And Motorola MAY be getting more lenient in the future. I sure hope they would with this beast.

Only problem is I'm moving the La Paz, Mexico for 3 months in May, so I might be gone before it's out.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
just release a 3g phone since 4g is limited to 22 markets or whatever.

Actually, I believe the number of major areas with 4g is much higher. They started out with every city that had an NFL franchise, which is what 36 or 38, but I know they've added other cities since. In Ohio where I live, they have 4g in Cleveland and Cincinnati (NFL cities), and for some reason added it to Columbus. I figure they probably did that in other states too.

-Mike

derekmiller12

Reaction score

Actually, I believe the number of major areas with 4g is much higher. They started out with every city that had an NFL franchise, which is what 36 or 38, but I know they've added other cities since. In Ohio where I live, they have 4g in Cleveland and Cincinnati (NFL cities), and for some reason added it to Columbus. I figure they probably did that in other states too.

-Mike

Indianapolis doesnt have it..

wvdroidman

Reaction score
wheeling,wv doesn't have it but I noticed they were working on the antenna on our water towers today.

Its TwiX

Reaction score

-Mike

Indianapolis doesnt have it..

Manning stole the 4G speed to add to his throwing arm. Now he can throw a football up to 30 mbps.

lewblue83

Reaction score
thanks VZW??? how about u blame yourself for getting cought up in all these rumors and being so gullable!!! last thing verizon said was q1 in march so till march is over how can u blame them for anything??? im still really excited for this phone and verizon tried to push the launch forward but there were problems so why are u mad at them? your upset cuz they tried to get u the phone sooner than they stated lol... you are the prime example why not to get tied up in all these "insiders"

whoa dude take it down a notch...or 6 notches lol.

VZW sucks when releasing ANYTHING. and dont tell me you enjoy waiting for android system updates while everyone at sprint has theirs pushed months ahead of VZW.

Stevessvt

Reaction score
Down here in S Fla we have it in (according to the maps) west palm beach, ft. Lauderdale, Miami, along with orlando.

swamp

Reaction score
what about the first wave of commerical ads that said coming in feburary

I've posted a few times in defense of VZW (well perhaps as much in criticism of all those who think VZW owes them a public release date simply when they want it). I've stated that the only things VZW have claimed is Q1 and then just yesterday or the day before coming "very soon" from their CFO. I may be mistaken about this and would like the real story on 2 things.

1. Did commercials say coming February? Perhaps those commercials were only in Spanish speaking countries? See attachment.
2. BB seemed to have some good information about a 2/14 release. Is this memo real that says "delayed".

I'm surprised no one else has called me out here. Although if the ad was not in the US and if the memo was both legitimate and private (the latter is highly likely) then I suppose it is still true that they really have not made a public US announcement and I'l stick to my guns that there also has not been a "public" delay. Now a delay kept private and for very good reason does in fact seem 100% likely.

Attachments

• thunderbolt-ad1-600x326.png
    thunderbolt-ad1-600x326.png
    56.5 KB · Views: 269
  • thunderbolt-delay.jpg
    thunderbolt-delay.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 316

peterjariel

Reaction score
Down here in S Fla we have it in (according to the maps) west palm beach, ft. Lauderdale, Miami, along with orlando.
It also goes up about 50-60 miles north from Orlando I was surprised when I walked into my local verizon and so a blown up map and I was covered yes!!!! Cant wait for this phone.

Just made the next weeks schedule for my store, made sure I was off Thurs. Hope it comes out on the 10th,

swamp

Reaction score
BTW, HTC has a killer dual core chipset releasing late summer...

Technically speaking the the coming dual core chipset (or even more technically correct the SoC - system on chip) comes from the chip companies such as Qualcomm, Samsung, Ericsson, nVidia, etc. The dual coming HTC device will most likely have dual core Qualcomm SoCs.

What you said is a bit like saying Dell has a killer new hex core chipset coming.

Reaction score

Here's why I'm mad at Verizon. They allowed Best Buy to start taking pre-orders and gave them a date for release (which ended up getting pushed back), without actually knowing whether they would be ready or not in time to start releasing the phone. Best Buy did not make up that original launch date in their system, and Best Buy did not just start taking pre-orders because it felt like it. Verizon gave them the go-ahead prematurely, and that has contributed significantly to this whole mess. I pre-ordered over 3 weeks ago (almost a month) and the phone is still not in my hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.