Displaying Thunderbolt Screen on TV

Drazul

Reaction score
Is there any way to display the Thunderbolt screen on a television? I do not mean videos or movies or picture alone. I mean that the TV essentially becomes a monitor for the phone. There are times when it would be nice, for example, to have a game (like angry birds) showing on the tv, even though its is being played on the Thunderbolt. My wife purchased a Motorola Droid3 and it has HDMI and you can connect it to the tv with an hdmi cable and whatever is shown on the phone shows on the tv. Can the Thunderbolt do that by way of a cable connection or simply by streaming no matter what is showing on the phone? I've read hundred of threads about dnla and the like, but have not found anything about connecting the phone so that the TV simply acts like a monitor for it.

iron ghost

Reaction score
Here ya go

Takes a bit to setup, but once you do it's pretty easy. I used this to display my home screen on a projector. Was teaching a class to my users on how to fully utilize Android phones.
Also, the frame rate is really slow, so you won't be able to play angry birds on the tv
*also, this all done NON-root*

Installing Android Screenshots, Screen Capture, Screen Cast for Windows | Mighty Pocket

and here's a video

How to display your Android screen on your desktop - Tutorials - butterscotch