NEW: When Will the ThunderBolt be Available for Purchase?

When will it be available?

• Thursday, March 3rd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Friday, March 4th

• Thursday, March 10th

• Thursday, March 17th

• Later than March 17th

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
All I am trying to say is get your kite ready.

My kite will be out on 3-11-11.

[video=youtube;_X_7YRVGvtA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_X_7YRVGvtA[/video]

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So is the 11th the release date, im confused.

To be honest no one really knows because vzw nor htc is telling us. I am just trying to predict the weather, pun intended. :D .

georgek

Reaction score
Just saw a Incredible commercial. They're probably trying to move old phones before releasing the Thunderbolt.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

KingKenai

Reaction score
Got a reply email from HTC.
I asked if there was a problem with their device or if VZW has a problem with their LTE...

Dear Dan

Good question, Dan. Seems to be the question on everyone's mind.

Although I really wish I could give you a solid answer, All I can really say is that we're not sure what the holdup is. We've not been given any details as to why Verizon has yet to settle on a release date for the Thunderbolt, or why they've declined to comment on the delay.

However, once we know more about the release date, we'll definately announce it through Facebook (HTC | Facebook) and Twitter HTC (htc) on Twitter), and of course HTC.com. Verizon also has a mailing list for news about the Thunderbolt; Verizon Wireless

Thank you for taking the time to contact us, Dan.

To send a reply to this message or let me know I have successfully answered your question log in to our ContactUs site using your email address and your ticket number 11USCW10ENA002338.

Sincerely,

Megon

HTC

Natejka7273

Reaction score
Got a reply email from HTC.
I asked if there was a problem with their device or if VZW has a problem with their LTE...

Dear Dan

Good question, Dan. Seems to be the question on everyone's mind.

Although I really wish I could give you a solid answer, All I can really say is that we're not sure what the holdup is. We've not been given any details as to why Verizon has yet to settle on a release date for the Thunderbolt, or why they've declined to comment on the delay.

However, once we know more about the release date, we'll definately announce it through Facebook (HTC | Facebook) and Twitter HTC (htc) on Twitter), and of course HTC.com. Verizon also has a mailing list for news about the Thunderbolt; Verizon Wireless

Thank you for taking the time to contact us, Dan.

To send a reply to this message or let me know I have successfully answered your question log in to our ContactUs site using your email address and your ticket number 11USCW10ENA002338.

Sincerely,

Megon

HTC

Seems like HTC's getting pretty angry, and they should be if this is true. It seems like the Verizon apologists are wrong and Verizon (corporate) really is who to blame for this mess.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
It's starting to sound like maybe the giant hold-up is VZW over- thinking a pricing matrix, and I can't believe it.

Sure, it's a complicated strategy to optimize profits, but the simple fact is LTE is only available in some 38 cities with another 50 or so by June and maybe another 50 by the end of the year. Not the end of the world if they don't get pricing just right, besides which they have a lot of people on contract yet for another year or more.

VZW does have the best service, but if they try to jack-up prices even $10 for LTE I think a lot of people won't upgrade and they will lose a good number of customers to Sprint, AT&T and T-Mo. And the trick is at $100 on average, losing just 1 customer offsets 10 upgrades.

Here's the thing you jack wagon - I'm not going to pay more for LTE and pay tethering on top. $50-$80 and I can drop home broadband? Maybe, but not for another $20 on top.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've been in the camp that's it's VZW holding up the release and not HTC.

... granted HTC put too small of a battery in...

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ima assume verizon have a good reason. And the reason always have to do with money. Its a matter of what kind of a price they tryna hit us up with on the data end.

Bigdaddy1207

Reaction score
HTC and Verizon have agreed on a March 17th release date that should be announced this Tuesday.

Yep everyone has called it, you are a lier and a piece of crap, should of never listened to your lies and you, " inside info". Bmx had it right all along, I won't ever doubt him again. Dude you really need to get a life and Blabber your crap somewhere else.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
HTC and Verizon have agreed on a March 17th release date that should be announced this Tuesday.

LMAO...A double rumor! That's fantastic.

17th is a good date. They can run a massive ad campaign during March Madness.

Status
Not open for further replies.