NEW: When Will the ThunderBolt be Available for Purchase?

When will it be available?

• Thursday, March 3rd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Friday, March 4th

• Thursday, March 10th

• Thursday, March 17th

• Later than March 17th

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

derekmiller12

Reaction score
The coverage for 3G is ALOT more than the 4G.. I know there are places that dont have 3G but I am sure the places without 3G is far less than the places WITH 4G..

Why buy a 4G phone if you are not in a 4G area?

some of us don't have 4G but like the 4G devices... that's why.

I will only buy however if there's no additional "4G" pricing. I can't use it, so I won't pay for it.

... bad enough they've added $100 to the device price as it is.

Agreed 100% ^

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
I'm getting the Thunderbolt - period. I don't care how long it takes, that phone has become a fixation for me, like Captain Ahab and his pursuit of the white whale. I *will* get that phone.:icon_ devil:

-Mike

StinkyPete

Reaction score
The coverage for 3G is ALOT more than the 4G.. I know there are places that dont have 3G but I am sure the places without 3G is far less than the places WITH 4G..

Why buy a 4G phone if you are not in a 4G area?

some of us don't have 4G but like the 4G devices... that's why.

I will only buy however if there's no additional "4G" pricing. I can't use it, so I won't pay for it.

... bad enough they've added $100 to the device price as it is.

that's fine... you are making a decision based on pricing to not purchase the phone.

If they sold the thing for $599 on contract with $80/month for unlim 4G, very few people would buy it.

You can bet if they price it at $299 and $49.99 for 5GB of monthly data - and the sales numbers are lower than they project, they will lower the prices. BUT if people suck it up and pay what VZW charges and it breaks sales records, then they will not discount it any time soon and keep charging the high prices.

Apple could paint a rock white, call it an iStone, charge $499.99 for it, and people would line up overnight for it. Things are prices at what the market will pay for it.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I agree about pricing... if people buy it there's no motivation for them to drop it.

VZW knows they have everyone by the short hairs because of their superior coverage... so they can get away with it.

Datzneat

Reaction score
Still no release date huh. If this takes much longer I'll be switching back to AT&T with the atrix or inspire.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well being that lightning is unpredictable I expect that may be part of the sale that they will pick a time and date no one predicted. ;)

Just know this when it gets dark outside and windy a storm is brewing and with a storm comes thunder and lightning.

[video=youtube;P1HuGxkKres]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1HuGxkKres[/video]

Bigdaddy1207

Reaction score
The Atrix is a buggy, Motoblur-tainted POS. Don't get it.

Thunderbolt update:

There's a possibility Best Buy will start selling it exclusively on March 8th, beginning with those who pre-ordered. Rumors have been circulating just today that some of the more knowledgeable Best Buy staff have been throwing around that March 8 date when asked about the TB. Others say the 10th. Most don't know.

What we know right now is that an announcement is imminent and will come by Monday at the latest. I'm pretty confident the release date isn't going to be later than the 10th, even despite the announcement delays.

You are full of it and I don't know why u think u need to come on here and lie about this stuff when u have no idea what's goin on and all u are doing is pulling stuff out of your rear end trying to get people all happy and making people think its coming this week. So have been wrong already so I don't know why u think anything u say is worth anything.
Thunderbolt devices began shipping to stores today. I think store employees are going to be notified of this sometime tomorrow, at which point maybe then we'll HAVE to have an announcement, by default, simply because everyone will know. But I guess time will tell this week what's going on.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
[video=youtube;GUe1f84cF1c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUe1f84cF1c]YouTube - HTC Thunderbolt Commercial[/video]

saw this one last night. not so great quality, but it's HTC's commercial not VZW's.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The 3-11-11 is for the battle la movie.

I know but I am saying that will be the day we all get

THUNDERSTRUCK

[video=youtube;-f1cwycSWq0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-f1cwycSWq0[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.