New Unlimited Plan from Big Red?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I thought it broke down as $139.99 for the first 2 lines (total) and then $19.99 for the 3rd line.

That's about as much as I know... IIRC

minus whatever discount you may have

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Correct!

I thought it broke down as $139.99 for the first 2 lines (total) and then $19.99 for the 3rd line.

That's about as much as I know... IIRC

minus whatever discount you may have

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)

azpilot

Reaction score
I'm confused, help me out here lol.

My girlfriend & I are currently on the Nationwide Talk & Text family share plan:
700 min = $90.00/month
Motorola Droid data plan = $29.99/month
Samsung Intensity (2nd line) = $9.99/month

My bill including taxes, etc. is around $150. Would the special $139 offer save me any money? It says data and text is unl, so does that mean my $29.99 smartphone data plan would be gone? Also, would my 2nd line be free now or would I still have to pay the $9.99 a month?

Sorry if I'm confusing you guys, I'm just wondering if any of these offers would benefit us. Thanks...BUD
Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

I have the same plan and same costs per month, based on the current plan and adding another smart phone and data you would be at about $180 per month + taxes. Going to the new plan with 2 phones for 139.99 + taxes will save about $30-$45 a month based on the old plan and 2 Droid phones. So I even ordered a Droid for the Wife now. There is no second line price of 9.99 both phone are included in the 139.99 and unl text, m2m, data and 10 favs to be used by all phones. To me saving any bit is worth it. I did it.

ironwolf1

Reaction score
I just signed up and yes for the family plan its $139.99 for 2 lines unlim txt, data, 1400 min, mobile to mobile unlim, plus you can sign up 10 numbers that are not Verizon and get unlim with them, so look at this way you can have 2 lines with unlim everything for 139.99 if you think about it

Padawan

Reaction score
Total success now! I had to call back to get the friends & family added. Apparently, it has to be added manually.

So to correct a post from yesterday, the 450 minute single line plan DOES qualify for 5 friends & family numbers under this promotion.

Special thanks to whoever found this promotion. It's nice to save money :)

Padawan

B

budmonster

I

My girlfriend & I are currently on the Nationwide Talk & Text family share plan:
700 min = $90.00/month

My bill including taxes, etc. is around $150. Would the special $139 offer save me any money? It says data and text is unl, so does that mean my $29.99 smartphone data plan would be gone? Also, would my 2nd line be free now or would I still have to pay the $9.99 a month?

Sorry if I'm confusing you guys, I'm just wondering if any of these offers would benefit us. Thanks...BUD

I have the same plan and same costs per month, based on the current plan and adding another smart phone and data you would be at about $180 per month + taxes. Going to the new plan with 2 phones for 139.99 + taxes will save about $30-$45 a month based on the old plan and 2 Droid phones. So I even ordered a Droid for the Wife now. There is no second line price of 9.99 both phone are included in the 139.99 and unl text, m2m, data and 10 favs to be used by all phones. To me saving any bit is worth it. I did it.

I can't read what you wrote, sorry. Ill repeat what I'm trying to fig out again. I

I'm on the Nationwide Talk/Text Family Plan, 700min for $90/month. I have a Motorola Droid(smartphone) & my gf has a Samsung Intensity(non-smartphone). My Motorola Droid requires a $29 smartphone data plan. Her Samsung Intensity req's a $9.99/monthly fee b/c its a 2nd line, no data plan is on the Intensity. I pay around $150-155/month...

700 minutes T&T plan = $90/m
Smartphone data plan (Droid) = $29.99/m
Second line (Intensity) = $9.99/m

1. If I sign up up for that special family plan going on ($139/month, 1400min, unl txt & data) I won't have to pay for my Motorola Droid smartphone data plan ($29.99) anymore, correct? Since the plan says free unlimited data & text?

2. The $9.99 for the second phone line should be waived, right? Since 2 lines are included? My girlfriend should be able to buy a smartphone now too and not worry about that $29.99 data plan?

So if I'm correct, my Motorola Droid and just for example, if she wanted a Droid X would on only be $139 a month? No more smartphone data plans? And no charge for a 2nd line b/c its included?

So how does this plan benefit me, how much am I saving?

azpilot

Reaction score
I

700 min = $90.00/month

I can't read what you wrote, sorry. Ill repeat what I'm trying to fig out again. I

I'm on the Nationwide Talk/Text Family Plan, 700min for $90/month. I have a Motorola Droid(smartphone) & my gf has a Samsung Intensity(non-smartphone). My Motorola Droid requires a $29 smartphone data plan. Her Samsung Intensity req's a $9.99/monthly fee b/c its a 2nd line, no data plan is on the Intensity. I pay around $150-155/month...

700 minutes T&T plan = $90/m
Smartphone data plan (Droid) = $29.99/m
Second line (Intensity) = $9.99/m

1. If I sign up up for that special family plan going on ($139/month, 1400min, unl txt & data) I won't have to pay for my Motorola Droid smartphone data plan ($29.99) anymore, correct? Since the plan says free unlimited data & text?

2. The $9.99 for the second phone line should be waived, right? Since 2 lines are included? My girlfriend should be able to buy a smartphone now too and not worry about that $29.99 data plan?

So if I'm correct, my Motorola Droid and just for example, if she wanted a Droid X would on only be $139 a month? No more smartphone data plans? And no charge for a 2nd line b/c its included?

So how does this plan benefit me, how much am I saving?

You are correct - can you read this? LOL

Jaxidian

Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org
Just signed up - thanks! Was at the same plan but with second line with no data for $10 more. This ultimately extended our contact by 4 months but now have more data for cheaper. :)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

B

budmonster

So I can get 2 smartphones(no $29 data plans required), 1400 minutes, unlimited text and unlimted data(web browsing, downloading, etc) for $139.99 a month? That's more simple lol.

jayman350

Reaction score
I just got off the phone with Carmen, who couldn't have been nicer. She asked if I was calling about the new rate plan and I said yes. She never asked if I got the email or anything like that. I told her I was interested in the $69.99 unlimited plan. She took a look at my plan and usage and said that nothing would change on my plan except that I would have the $20 data credit and would now have access to the 5 family and friends (or whatever its called). She also asked if I was interested in adding another line, I told her that I was, but had to convince my gf to change phones. She laughed and said that if/when I decide to add a line to just give them a call to set it up.

One thing I forgot to ask about was the price of a new phone for the additional line. Does anyone know what the deal is with that? Do they give you a discounted price for the new phone?

I'm trying to convince my gf to drop Virgin mobile and get a decent phone. I may give her my D1 and jump to an X. I just need some info about how much the extra phone itself would cost.

msu

Reaction score
I called this morning and the lady was very nice and never asked me nothing, but OK you want this plan. I was just to about to accept it when I realized that I'm actually paying $10. less a month right now. My lady doesn't have a smart phone so as of now this plan just isn't worth it to us. If she had one then I would take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.