New Unlimited Plan from Big Red?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dnelson17

Reaction score
in Mass and just got the promotion!

I just called Verizon again for the 4th time.

Told them I would like the $69.99 unlimited data plan and I got the same
canned reason why I am not able to get it.

I told them that was ok, but that I want to drop my Verizon wireless service.
She *immediately* put me on hold, came back and said they could override
and give me the promotion! :)

So, now my monthly charge will be $20 less a month! VERY happy!! dancedroid

kcxj

Reaction score
Just got the new family plan here in Kansas City, MO after the first call. Very easy process, keeping my corporate discount. Only saving $10 on the bill, but we now have unlimited texting.

B

budmonster

I'm currently on the NATIONWIDE TALK & TEXT FS 700 plan. I have a smartphone and my girlfriend has just a regular phone that doesn't require a data plan.

My current bill $151.15, looks like this:
NATIONWIDE TALK & TEXT FS 700 - $90.00/month
Email & Web for SMARTPHONE - $29.99/month
Nationwide Talk & Text FS 700 Add'l Line - $9.99/month
Would the $139.99 family plan help us out?

msu

Reaction score
I'm currently on the NATIONWIDE TALK & TEXT FS 700 plan. I have a smartphone and my girlfriend has just a regular phone that doesn't require a data plan.

You are on exactly the same plan that I'm on with the same situation. Although we get a 17% discount so that is why I didn't switch to this plan. It might work out for you. What is your bill total?? Take $139.99 plus tax and that is what your bill will be and see what the diff is.

azpilot

Reaction score

You are on exactly the same plan that I'm on with the same situation. Although we get a 17% discount so that is why I didn't switch to this plan. It might work out for you. What is your bill total?? Take $139.99 plus tax and that is what your bill will be and see what the diff is.

Same plan I was on, I think this will help only if you do the second phone as a smart phone (IE: Droid or similar) then you can take advantage of the free data on the phone and get rid of the extra 9.99 charge. If you stay on the plan your on and add that newer phone you will be in the $190 range with taxes, adding a newer second phone on the new plan would save you about $40 each month.

B

budmonster

my monthly bill is $151. I think I would end paying the same or more with the $139 promotional plan.

B

budmonster

i think the only thing i would get would be an extra 700 minutes, right?

preacher1611

Reaction score
I just set this up my bill is high to be 24 bucks less
I was paying 99 a month.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

B

budmonster

Same plan I was on, I think this will help only if you do the second phone as a smart phone (IE: Droid or similar) then you can take advantage of the free data on the phone and get rid of the extra 9.99 charge. If you stay on the plan your on and add that newer phone you will be in the $190 range with taxes, adding a newer second phone on the new plan would save you about $40 each month.

well i pay 151 a month right now. wouldn't 139 plus taxes equal out to around 151 still? if it does and i switched, i would still be paying 151 but i would get 1400 mins now instead of just 700?

stratjb

Reaction score

If you take the plan it'll look like this on your bill:

1400 Minute plan 110.00
data plan for phone one 29.99
additional line 9.99
data plan for additional line 29.99
promo credit line 1 -20.00
promo credit line 2 -20.00

sub total 139.97
+ taxes approx 10.00

total approx 150.00

The end result is you get more minutes, 10 free friends and family numbers, unlimited data on both phones even if you upgrade the secong phone to a smartphone.

Same price, more stuff.

B

budmonster

that and she would have unlimited data.

yea so my current bill is 151. the promotional plan is 139. if the 139+ taxes eqauls out to what im paying now then, like you said i would get 700 extra minutes and she would have unl data on her phone, which is not a smart phone though. but im sure she can still use the internet on it.

B

budmonster

1400 Minute plan 110.00
additional line 9.99

sub total 139.97
+ taxes approx 10.00

total approx 150.00

The end result is you get more minutes, 10 free friends and family numbers, unlimited data on both phones even if you upgrade the secong phone to a smartphone.

Same price, more stuff.

yea so why not call and upgrade, right?

she doesnt have a smartphone though, shes using and old lg chocolate, will she still be able to get unl data?

msu

Reaction score

1400 Minute plan 110.00
additional line 9.99

sub total 139.97
+ taxes approx 10.00

total approx 150.00

Same price, more stuff.

yea so why not call and upgrade, right?

she doesnt have a smartphone though, shes using and old lg chocolate, will she still be able to get unl data?

If she wanted email, facebook, etc. You can find a D1 cheap or something of the like and this plan would work great for ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.