New Unlimited Plan from Big Red?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stratjb

Reaction score
yea so why not call and upgrade, right?

she doesnt have a smartphone though, shes using and old lg chocolate, will she still be able to get unl data?

Yup, unlimited data regardless of what type of phone, more shared minutes on the plan and the Friends and Family numbers which in my case is like adding another 1000 minutes a month!

The one thing not mentioned by me yet is that each lines contract will be extended to one year from the day you take the offer. This may have no effect as anyone with a two year contract may be that far already.

This does not effect the upgrade dates.

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I called... at first they told me it wasn't available in my area. I questioned that nicely, and she told me "because it's just a trial offer it's only available in certain areas" So I asked to speak to a supervisor.

She came back on the line after about 10 minutes and told me she has talked to a supervisor and...

I pay 59.99 for 900 minutes with 5 Friends and Family numbers. I also pay 10.00 a month for unlimited texting to Verizon phones and 500 texts to other carriers. My data plan is 29.99 for my Droid 2. $99.99 a month total.

If they put me on the promotional plan, I would only have 450 minutes. I would not have the 5 friends and family numbers any more. It would end up costing me 10 bucks a month less but I would lose minutes and friends and family. I dont know but something smells hinky about it...

B

budmonster

yea so why not call and upgrade, right?

she doesnt have a smartphone though, shes using and old lg chocolate, will she still be able to get unl data?
Yup, unlimited data regardless of what type of phone, more shared minutes on the plan and the Friends and Family numbers which in my case is like adding another 1000 minutes a month!

The one thing not mentioned by me yet is that each lines contract will be extended to one year from the day you take the offer. This may have no effect as anyone with a two year contract may be that far already.

This does not effect the upgrade dates.

I'm only on a 1 year contract and my contract end date is coming up, its on 02/01/11.

My girlfriend eligible for an upgrade on: 11/20/10
I'm eligible for an upgrade on: 12/01/10

Benjamin Stone

Reaction score
This $69.99 plan is a great idea, and I can't wait to sell it. It's also probably the only way I could afford my smartphone...if I wasn't a premium retail rep with an employee liable plan (can't beat a $30 phone plan!).

Can't wait to sell this as well. I think it will draw plenty of newer customers who can't afford these big giant phone bills, but who still want a smart phone. Puts us right in line with Sprint, but with a better network/more coverage. Hopefully they roll it out nationwide soon...before Christmas would be nice!

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm on the phone with them again. I told her about seeing it on this forum and that numerous people posted that they were able to keep their friends and family numbers. She put me on hold to talk to a supervisor. Hee Hee... :)

icebluemale30

Reaction score
I'm on the phone with them again. I told her about seeing it on this forum and that numerous people posted that they were able to keep their friends and family numbers. She put me on hold to talk to a supervisor. Hee Hee... :)

Why mention this forum ? i dont think thats a good idea,other people my get denied because VZW may feel that people are trying to get over on them.

Others did it with out the mention of our little society here .... am i right ?

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Why mention this forum ? i dont think thats a good idea,other people my get denied because VZW may feel that people are trying to get over on them.

Because they told me at first that I would lose my Friends and Family feature if I switched to this plan. They asked me if I had gotten an email about it, and I told them that I had read about it "on an internet forum", and I also told them "numerous people have posted on that forum that they were able to keep their friends and family" and I questioned why some people were able to and I wasn't. But she never asked the name of the forum and I didn't tell her. But I just got off the phone with them, I switched to the new plan, I kept my friends and family numbers, I saved $30.00 bucks a month, I have unlimited texts and data, the only thing I lost was a few minutes, I'm at 450 instead of 900 now. dancedroid

JaCelica2k

Reaction score
Funny how mileage may vary.....I am on hold right now because "they do not have any plan that includes both data and voice. They can adjust my voice plan or move me to their new $15 data plan"

stratjb

Reaction score
[
I'm only on a 1 year contract and my contract end date is coming up, its on 02/01/11.

My girlfriend eligible for an upgrade on: 11/20/10
I'm eligible for an upgrade on: 12/01/10

So then your account would look like this:

Your line contract end date 11/10/2011 upgrade available 12/01/2010
GF contract end date 11/10/2011 upgrade available 11/20/2010

Then when you upgrade, you extend past the 11/10/2011 date anyway!

I'm just comparing what happened with my account to what you want to do. Verify everything I've stated with the Rep on the phone before you commit just to make sure.

LTLFTCer

Reaction score

When I called the other day, and got approved for this deal for a family plan (save $20 a month) the guy asked if I got an email or text, I said no text, but haven't checked email yet, and that i saw it here on this forum. He put me on hold for a minute and came back and set me up. Don't think it is a bad idea to mention it IMO.

JaCelica2k

Reaction score
Funny, I talked to two people.....One had no idea of the plan. Hung up and called back.....then I got someone who knew about the plan but did not see my phone number as one that it had been sent to so wouldn't give it to me. Said if I could forward them the e-mail I recieved they might be able to add it but not if I didn't have that.

JaCelica2k

Reaction score
Funny, I talked to two people.....One had no idea of the plan. Hung up and called back.....then I got someone who knew about the plan but did not see my phone number as one that it had been sent to so wouldn't give it to me. Said if I could forward them the e-mail I recieved they might be able to add it but not if I didn't have that.

Called one more time.......third time......talked to someone else who refused to give the plan because I had not been sent an e-mail or a text.

psychicdroid

Reaction score
I finally got all 5 of my lines fixed and the 3 new phones came in today. If you've signed up for this with the family plan, I suggest signing into your account online and double checking that all of your lines has the $20 discount showing under promotions. It's not changed over until they all show this discount under promotions. It took me 3 days and 4 phone calls to get it all straightened out.

Lenagainster

Reaction score
Saw the Droid 2 BOGO deal online, eligible for upgrade, wanted to get it but only if I could get the new plan. First call, was honest, admitted that I only read about the deal, explained that I planned to get the Droid 2 BOGO, rep insisted I wasn't eligible for plan deal, said I would ride contract out and switch providers. She thanked me for being a loyal Verizon customer. Was pleasant. Hung up and called back five minutes later. Got another rep. Same story, not eligible. Explained that I really wanted to take advantage of the Droid offer, but would only do it under the new plan. Refused. Said I would just have to look into ATT. She asked if she could put me on hold while she talks to her supervisor. Waited. Rep came back and said o.k., took my order for the two new Droid 2s, set me up on the new plan, and as soon as I got off the phone, I saw the changes on my account. I was boiling mad inside realizing VZW had the audacity to charge me significantly more that it was charging others for the same service, but I kept it to myself and was pleasant but firm with the rep, who, after all, is just trying to do her job, as she is told, to the best of her ability. Hope the billing works out correctly. Two new Droid 2s for what should be a net of $100. ($150 - NE2). :>)

DLWear

Reaction score
I just called this morning and got ahold of a rep, explained that I received the email (not true, just saw here) and without a hitch she switched me over all the sudden.

My current plan is 450 mins with unlimited text/pic for $59.99
Data plan -----------------------------------------$29.99

So that plus taxes, fees, and a few international messages here and there put me at around $100.00 monthly give or take a few.

Now i get a corporate discount with my job of 22% plus now $20 off with this new plan :)

Ill be sitting pretty with a bill in the upper $60s monthly. Im pumped!

Side note: State: Alabama and Im due for new every 2 and holding out for the droid Inc HD.

Status
Not open for further replies.