New Unlimited Plan from Big Red?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lowboy

Reaction score
I was told it was for Alabama and Georgia only.

call back and speak to a different rep

I did.
I took the approach of asking questions. I told them I had heard about it and wanted more info.
It ended of costing me $10 more but now I have 5 phone unlimited data, text, 1400,etc.
Every phone on my plan has the ability to receive data. So now everyone can browes the net. Wife will be getting a new smart phone(maybe a D2) and son-in-law will be getting a BB(my old phone) or a D2 depending on what my wife decides.

V1V1D

Reaction score
I called *611 not knowing I had dialed the wrong number. After a 10 minute conversation with the rep having no idea what I was talking about, I went to my computer and pulled the OP up and gave her the phone number on the promo ad. She then transfered me over and I spoke to a nice guy who put me on the new plan. These are the facts he told me.
-My 20% discount applies to data and minute plan.
-promo of $69.99 was limited but once you are on this plan it will stay at that -price until you change plans or cancel VZW.
-you get 5 friends/family with the 450 minute plan.
-if you have over 12 months left on your contract the 1 year adder does not apply.(only for contracts with 11 months or less)

All in all a pretty good deal. My wife and I will save around $18/month total. We both had separate plans 450 mins $10 text package and $30 data. I would think if you needed more minutes this may not be that beneficial.

Thanks for the tips!!

lowboy

Reaction score
Just checked my plan and I got a $20 discount off all 5 lines, plus these two discounts
22% ACCESS DISCOUNT
22% - FEATURE DISCOUNT

Unsocial

Reaction score
Too Cool

I signed up for this. Had to call back though they forgot to add my friends and family feature.

Gave a copy of the filer to some folks at work, and they signed up as well with no problems.

Thanks!!!

cmking

Reaction score
I have family plan and I still get 1400 on new plan

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok, I just called back tonight and talked to a very nice lady in CMO. She did confirm that the eligibility is random for now. I was apparently one of the lucky accounts flagged for the promo if I called.

My primary line has a 19% discount and 20% feature discount. That line is $89.10 plus $9.99 for the internet feature; The 4 secondary lines are $9.99 plus $9.99 for the data each which comes to $79.92; and the 3 lines with advance devices (my Droid and 2 Blackberry phones) have $6 Asurion each, so that comes out to $18. It comes out to a grand total of $197.01. So I figure another $30 in taxes (15%) which will save me about $40 per month. Hey, not bad, I still have 1400 minutes and Friends and Family, and if my wife or son get a smartphone, it won't cost me any more, where I'd be looking at another $60 if they both upgraded to smartphones on the old plan. I'm really happy about this.

V1V1D

Reaction score
I couldn't edit my original post.
I should have mentioned, the rep will most likely start this promo at the end of your current billing cycle. I guess this is due to confusion on prorating the bill? So mine won't start until 11-27, seems kinda strange but oh well.

hyisbm

Reaction score
okay, I was reading on slick deals and some people were mentioning the possibility of Verizon auditing some accounts and if you were not on the e-mail list supposedly they could or will change it. What's the possibility of this happening?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was paying $150.00+ for two Droids, 700 minutes and 200 texts with my Federal Discount...this looks to be bringing me down to $110.00 with unlimited text and 1400 minutes :i-m_so_happy:

spider210

Reaction score
Sprint Steam Roller Plan!!! (Actual Name!)

Guys here is the information you need

It is called

"Sprint steam Roller Plan"
SKU #19148
450min
unlimited txt
unlimited data

The other I am not sure of. I called *611 and spoke with a nice lady there and she put me on hold for about 20 minutes while doing the research and then came back and told me she could do it for me.

I asked her if I could have the sku so it would be easier for other people to get this applied to their account since it was new and she said thats fine and gave me it and told me the name of what they call the plan in their system.

So I hope this helps you guys on saving a few extra bucks cause I know it worked here.

I just told them that when I called my local store it was a prerecording on the phone that advertised the 69.99 unlimited data and that I also saw the advertisement online. She said ok and applied it

Try calling :) Good Luck

capsfan0709

Reaction score
Here's my story.....called and asked about the deal. The guy asked if I received the promotional e-mail. I said yes and then he asked what the promo code was. I told him I didn't have the e-mail in front of me and they told me to call back once I found it. Doh. I then called back a second time. The guy asked me how I heard about the deal. I told him the truth that I had seen it on a message board. He looked at my account and said no problem. :) In my case(5 lines) my bill went down $50.00! Sweet deal. dancedroid

I guess you just keep trying until you get the right person. Good luck. :)

PikaCane

Reaction score
Got it first try but no Friends and Family. Oh well, I usually only go through about a third of my minutes anyway :) I just told her that I had seen the promo, nothing about an email.

msu

Reaction score
Here's my story.....called and asked about the deal. The guy asked if I received the promotional e-mail. I said yes and then he asked what the promo code was. I told him I didn't have the e-mail in front of me and they told me to call back once I found it. Doh. I then called back a second time. The guy asked me how I heard about the deal. I told him the truth that I had seen it on a message board. He looked at my account and said no problem. :) In my case(5 lines) my bill went down $50.00! Sweet deal. dancedroid

I guess I need to keep trying then. When I ordered my D2G today, I tried everything and then the guy told me that it was only in Cali and Texas???
I dunno, but i'm going to call back since it will save me a few dollars and put my lady's phone on data.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I guess I need to keep trying then. When I ordered my D2G today, I tried everything and then the guy told me that it was only in Cali and Texas???
I dunno, but i'm going to call back since it will save me a few dollars and put my lady's phone on data.
If you called *611 they won't know what to do, you have to call the special number in the promo ad to even have a shot at it.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Got it first try but no Friends and Family. Oh well, I usually only go through about a third of my minutes anyway :) I just told her that I had seen the promo, nothing about an email.

Call that special number back and tell them it was inadvertently not added and they will re-add it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.