New Unlimited Plan from Big Red?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
They also said this is not going to end in a year - once your in your in, until you change your plan -

Interesting to know. Wonder if this even applies should a completely unlimited plan for a comparable price becomes available six months from now...could I jump ship from the 450/unlimited/unlimited to that...

Inkarnit

Reaction score
I just called that number and had the option of 450 or 900 minutes at $ 69.99 and $ 89.98 respectively. The 450 did not have friends and family though. Basically saves me $ 20/mo over the traditional plan. I only paid for 500 texts though previously because I really only text people on Verizon. Ultimately it saves me $ 10/mo for nothing. No contract extension since I'm only 4 months in to a 2 year one.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

buckeye044

Reaction score
I called and made the switch. They didnt mention anything about specific accounts. I have 5 lines, so will save about $30 per month.

Rhino413

Reaction score
Well i just called and got this new deal and they didn't mention it would only be for a year but did mention that is was only available to certain accounts that got the email directly. and that if you did not get the email then you don't qualify for these new plans. I got the email so i was good
and will save about 40bucks a month with this now and yes price wise it competes with sprint because even though sprint has unlimited Min's their network is shoty at best so this option rocks for me

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Grrr.... would've been nice to save $20 on my cellphone bill... but I'm not one to call repeatedly. I tried twice...

jimmydene84

Reaction score
A little dissapointed, they still charge 29.99 for each line for the smartphone data plan......so im basicly savin 1 dollar each month. Great idea but feeling a little shafted still....195.00 a month :(

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

CNPalmer

Reaction score
Same deal...

I got right through both times... almost wish I'da been put on hold for a bit... might've worked out in my favor that way :)

I keep getting that same run-around as well... that since my number was not on the list it was sent to that I was not eligible. Called 2x, 2 different CSR's, same explanation.

Someone wanna FWD me their email so I can forward it to the CSR to show I received the email, might be my only option!

I was also told that it was for customer's who's contract was almost up. What length of time "almost" defines is anyone's guess.

neilrl79

Reaction score
I just converted from an individual acount to the family share 700 plan on Saturday. My wifes Droid 2 will be arriving tomorrow, I'll call then to see if I can upgrade to this. It will save me between $30 and $40 dollars a month if I can.

Rhino413

Reaction score
well good luck to all who are trying to get this but the rep I spoke with was fairly adamant about this only being for select accounts and that as far as she knew they would not be rolling this out to the masses. Again best of luck to all who try..

sad that Verizon won't roll this out this would really push them to being the top choice Carrier for many many people including sprint loyals who complain of their crappy coverage

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
A little dissapointed, they still charge 29.99 for each line for the smartphone data plan......so im basicly savin 1 dollar each month. Great idea but feeling a little shafted still....195.00 a month :(

??? It said unlimited data was included. Did i miss something? If i have to pay $30/month data for 2 smart phones, I'm not saving anything.

Rhino413

Reaction score
I got this plan and was told by the rep the new cost was 139.99
for unlimited data for two phones and 19.99 for each phone beyond that
no mention of a different price point for smartphones.

cshotter

Reaction score
I just called that number and had the option of 450 or 900 minutes at $ 69.99 and $ 89.98 respectively. The 450 did not have friends and family though. Basically saves me $ 20/mo over the traditional plan. I only paid for 500 texts though previously because I really only text people on Verizon. Ultimately it saves me $ 10/mo for nothing. No contract extension since I'm only 4 months in to a 2 year one.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Whoever told you that Friends and Family isn't included in the 450 plan is mistaken. I am enrolled with the 450 plan and had the Friends and Family added this morning.

Aerysana

Reaction score
For those with 3 smartphones please give on what they dds said bill would be prior to taxes and any discount. Still trying to figure out if it will save us money. We have 1400 min plus unlimited text plus the 30 $ data unlimited plan power phone on the last bit.

Swyped from my droid incredible

Status
Not open for further replies.