New Unlimited Plan from Big Red?

Status
Not open for further replies.

k0tix

Reaction score
just called was switched to the promo 450 plan, asked about other plans with data included and was told about a 900 minute plan with txt & data included for $89.99 but was told i had to let the 450 promo plan kick in first then have it switched to the 900.. idk sounds wierd once i get the comformation email that my plan is switched in calling back for the 900!

sylv2626

Reaction score
well i just called and they said its not available for me because the promotional offer is only for people whos contract is ending anyonelse get the same answer when they called,also i just renwed my contract like 2 1/2 weeks ago

infinity8x3

Reaction score
Greatest post ever!!!!!

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

I didn't have to add a year to my contract. And I have no change in my plan at all.

My bill went from 169$ to 115$ thanks to this post and my employers discount.

droidforums.net rules!!!

Detonation

Reaction score
Any chance dumbphones could be added to this at the usual $10/line? Our plan right now is my droid and 3 regular lines, but it would cost the same under this plan to have 2 smartphones and 2 regulars lines, if the regular lines could be added for $10 with data.

Detonation

Reaction score
Any chance dumbphones could be added to this at the usual $10/line? Our plan right now is my droid and 3 regular lines, but it would cost the same under this plan to have 2 smartphones and 2 regulars lines, if the regular lines could be added for $10 with data.

with no data*

barcodelinux

Reaction score
well i just called and they said its not available for me because the promotional offer is only for people whos contract is ending anyonelse get the same answer when they called,also i just renwed my contract like 2 1/2 weeks ago

Sounds like you were incorrectly informed. My contract isn't up for another year!

Freezetron

Reaction score
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alot sure has happened in the last two weeks! From poo pooing the very idea of owning/using smart phone to being up till 2 A.M last night researching if I should get a Droid X vs the Fasincate!

I won't repost what i've already stated in my introduction thread.
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ne...ite-assistance/95344-i-must-outa-my-mind.html

Suffice to say, after finding this thread about this awesome new unlimited plan for 69.99, I just had to call in this morning and see what I could find out about it.

Needless to say, I got a VERY nice gentlemen after a short wait who not only immediately switched my basic 450 minute plan over to the new $69.99 plan. He also "removed" my current data and txt usage charges on my current phone bill! But if that wasn't enough, but after I told him I was very excited about getting my new smart phone and was still deciding between the Droid X and the Fascinate but I couldn't get either until the 24th at the end of my contract. He got permission from his supervisor to ship me the phone of my choice TODAY and OVERNIGHT free of charge to my end!

Suffice to say, I'm very surprised at everything that has happened in the last 15 minutes! The guy was very polite, proffessional and I couldn't believe he actually got permission for me not only to get the new $69.99 plan, but actually will give me my first smartphone earlier!!!

I'm racing down to the Verizon store now to make a final decision between the Droid X and the Fascinate. I"m just worrried that because this is a phone based transaction, i'm gonna get hit with some kinda weird charges or run into issues with exchanging phones if I don't like one or have issues with one. Anyone had experiences with actually buying phones directly from Verizon? I've only ever gotten my phones at the stores over the years!

Needless to say, the guy honored this $69.99 unlimited plan for even me being in Montana and after only a short on hold wait asking about if I could get it, I got it!!!

WOOoo!!!!! I need to go choose my phone now!

jimmydene84

Reaction score
Ok, just called back....there r 2 diff family plans. The first 1 is data at 29.99 still but give u unlimited minutes to ANY mobile. The second 1 i! Data at 9.99 but only unlimited V2V mobile......glad I called back!!! Bill is down to 160!!!! Sweet

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

jimmydene84

Reaction score
Make sure u pick what's right for u!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Reaction score
They told me that the lines that are out of contract within 12 months will have their contracts extended to 1 year from today, but will not have their upgrade dates affected. When those lines upgrade, their contracts will extend from date of upgrade, not 2 years after the 1year for this deal.

I think I figured it out to be 1 smartphone per 2 lines of service makes this a good deal.

Alan Gordon

Reaction score
I'm looking into getting Verizon Wireless (planning on switching in the next couple of weeks), and would LOVE to get this deal.

From what I've read on this thread, it doesn't appear to be for new customers though. :(

~Alan

WindDrop

Reaction score
Called number of ad about 30 min ago. Had family plan for 2 phones with 700 minutes, 2 data plans at $30 each, and one $5 text plan.
No wait, lady asked if I got a promotion by text or e-mail, I said yes.
She looked at my account and asked again if I got an e-mail. *sidenote, husband forwarded me promo without telling me where he got it.* So I figured something was up so I said my husband forwarded me an e-mail. She looked that up and said you have to be sent a promotion to be eligible. She asked if his name was on it, I said he just sent me a link. She put me on hold and said her manage was allowing her to extend the promotion to me.
Our contract is up in 13 months and she didn't say anything about extending it. She told me that this isn't a permanent price and it would change in a year. She set it up to start on our next billing cycle in 12 days and said it would be too difficult to have it start now. I asked her what the total price would be, she said she couldn't give me that due to the taxes and fees. I asked what the base price would be and she said with my works 21% discount it would be a little over $100. I figured $111 compared to about $127 base price with only 700 minutes and no unlimited texting.
AWESOME!! And now we have the 10 friends and family we can use too. She said if we changed the plan that the price would change, but I can't fathom why I would want to!

THANKS!

bertowski

Reaction score
After two attempts this morning using vague answers regarding whether or not I had received the unlimited offer... 3rd time is a charm! I waited a few hours and thought I would call back in and try one more time. I told the lady I did not receive the unlimited offer but would really appreciate it if they could review my account and make an exception. She was very polite and after taking a look she got an approval from her supervisor to put me on the promotion. $140/month for two droids @1400min + 10 family talk. I'm one happy customer right now.

She specifically told me she appreciated my honesty in telling her I did not receive the offer in the mail. That was why she spoke to her supervisor. Who would have thought being so direct and honest would pay off?

Fyi. I have kept current on my bill for just over a year and have two smartphones on my account.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

techguru

Reaction score
When asked I said I read about it on Droidforums.net and the guy I spoke to said "That'll work". However, I wind up not saving money with my current mix of phones and services, so I declined for now. If my wife decides she wants a smartphone (when VZW gets an iPhone I expect) I'll see if the promo is still available because it would make sense for us then.

Alan

Status
Not open for further replies.