New Unlimited Plan from Big Red?

Status
Not open for further replies.

akj27

Reaction score
It seems like it's a much better deal if you're not on a family plan. I have 4 phones in my line, and 3 of them are on a family plan, and they'd only save about 10 dollars a month. On the other hand, I'm on an individual plan and I'm saving 20 dollars a month.

Just a little FYI for those who have been told no, I had to call 5 times before I found a rep that would do it no questions asked, so keep trying. I also would suggest telling the truth if they ask too many questions.

nerdkill

Reaction score
anyone having a hard time getting through?
I got right through both times... almost wish I'da been put on hold for a bit... might've worked out in my favor that way :)

thanks.... it was my phone dropping the call after all, i thought it was them disconnecting. don't have the greatest service in my area.

here's how i always get my early promos when i don't get the emails and it works every time great:

when you call the number don't just tell them you got the email and you want it. start asking them questions and make them sell you on it.

when i did it with my x i had only had my d1 for 4 months " why is the x so much better? what does it do? can i transfer my insurance? " today i made them do all the math to make sure i would save money with the promo for about 5 minutes. "what do i pay now? how long will it last? does it add a year from today or from after my contract is over?"

at that point they're trying to convince you and make the sale and want you off of the phone. i'm saving about 30 a month with 3 people on the family plan. will be 40, but i added data to my dad's phone even though his is dumb for future grandfathering when tiered comes through. i may even add another.

azpilot

Reaction score
I tried from AZ, one rep said ok, transferred me to another who said they knew nothing about it and that to add another phone and this plan would not happen. But for $170 I could do it. I said no thanks

nerdkill

Reaction score
ugh no edit... on a side note i really love the fact that my verizon calls drop at home so i just called using my gmail google talk service and finally got through. something about geeky tech getting me geeky deals that i wasn't supposed to get that makes me happy.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
well good luck to all who are trying to get this but the rep I spoke with was fairly adamant about this only being for select accounts and that as far as she knew they would not be rolling this out to the masses. Again best of luck to all who try..

sad that Verizon won't roll this out this would really push them to being the top choice Carrier for many many people including sprint loyals who complain of their crappy coverage

Who said they won't? Oh yeah a Verizon rep that you spoke to said that as far as she knew they wouldn't be rolling out to the masses. Well, she was honest because that's all she knows at the present time.

Verizon is obviously testing this regionally to see the response. The guy I spoke to said, "you're talking about the deal you go in an email?" I said "yes."

I never received an email, neither has my wife and we both got on it.

I believe they will roll this out to everyone. Just like everything else they do you'll have to be patient in those areas that don't have it yet. Sprint's been all over the tv with their commercials. Verizon is going to compete. Expect AT&T to do the same thing.

porsche996

Reaction score
I called this morning (about 2 hours ago), and had my account transferred to this new plan, no problemo. AND, something else (I don't know if it's mentioned or not, as I didn't read all 11 pages...), if you have more than 1 year remaining on your contract (I have 14 months remaining), you don't have to extend the contract! Schweet!!

I'll be saving at least $10/month, and will now have 700 minutes more to use per month. Worked for me!

(I'm in Louisville, Kentucky, if that helps as far as what "areas" are available for this)

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It took me 2 calls to get this promotion on my account but in the end I now have it. The first rep told me you have to receive an e-mail or letter in the regular mail to be eligible for this promotion. Jkhonea told me they were willing to give him the promo after mentioning DroidForums and suggested I call back. Well, second time was a charm and name dropping DroidForums did the trick. I think it's the luck of the draw, so if you don't get the answer you're looking for the first time, give them a call back and try again. :)

Godfather

Reaction score
Everyone...this thing is legit. We had an old Alltel plan with 3 smartphones and 500 minutes. The wife just called and now we have 1400 minutes, family circle stayed, upgrade for phones stayed the same and our bill went from $200 and change down to $150 and change.

Godfather

Reaction score
I forgot to mention in my previous post..the $139 family share plan is two phones and you spend another $20 per line, so ours is actually $160 and change. I'm in Az.

Aerysana

Reaction score
So do you have 3 or 4 phones. The way it's written first 2moro phones should be at 139.99 and third would be additional 19.99 or am I miss reading?

Swyped from my droid incredible

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So do you have 3 or 4 phones. The way it's written first 2moro phones should be at 139.99 and third would be additional 19.99 or am I miss reading?

The way it is written, is correct. Third and thereafter would be 19.99.

Godfather

Reaction score

I have 3 phones. The $139 covers the first two, and we pay an additional $19.99 for the 3rd.

beargold23

Reaction score
I just called that number and had the option of 450 or 900 minutes at $ 69.99 and $ 89.98 respectively. The 450 did not have friends and family though. Basically saves me $ 20/mo over the traditional plan. I only paid for 500 texts though previously because I really only text people on Verizon. Ultimately it saves me $ 10/mo for nothing. No contract extension since I'm only 4 months in to a 2 year one.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Whoever told you that Friends and Family isn't included in the 450 plan is mistaken. I am enrolled with the 450 plan and had the Friends and Family added this morning.

How should i go about getting the friends and family added? Because i know i didn't get it added.

Reaction score
Here is how they are doing it

110 For Primary Talk and Text Package
$29.99 data - $19.99 discount

9.99 For Secondary Talk and Text
$29.99 data - 19.99 discount

So basically they are adding a data package to every line and then discounting it $19.99

Kack

Reaction score
I called and it was about the same for me with a discount i have. i pay 160 for 3 phones 2 data plans and insurance on the 2 smartphones. i pay 160. i dont know if some people who have insurance forget that its 8 bux a phone that you still have to pay. so for me it would be 140 plus 20 plus 16 so im staying with what i have. congrats to everyone else who is saving money.

Status
Not open for further replies.