New Unlimited Plan from Big Red?

Status
Not open for further replies.

geoff5093

Reaction score
So I read one post about this not working with the iPhone? I'm curious if that is definitely the case, because if it is then it's even more reason for me not to switch.

k761110e

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I am new here, linked here from phandroid.com because of this promo.

Anyhow, I registered because I have a question. For anyone who has this promotion for sure, can you tell me how it reads on your online account?

I got this promo yesterday and it doesn't seem right to me how my account it reading. It says my plan is:
Nationwide Talk & Text FS $85.80 ( 22% off of $110.00)
Plan Details
Monthly access charge:$85.80 ( 22% off of $110.00)Monthly allowance minutes:1400 general Per minute rate after allowance:$0.40 peak , $0.40 off-peak

Promotion details
22% ACCESS DISCOUNT
20% - FEATURE DISCOUNT
TALK & TEXT PLUS DATA $20 DISC

and then for my 2 secondary lines it shows:
Monthly Access 9.99
Plan Details Monthly access charge:$9.99Monthly allowance minutes:per minute rate after allowance:$0.40 peak , $0.40 off-peak

Promotion details

And all three show unlimitited data and web with mobile email.

Do I have the correct plan? Something seems off to me?

TIA

k761110e

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I am new here, linked here from phandroid.com because of this promo.

Anyhow, I registered because I have a question. For anyone who has this promotion for sure, can you tell me how it reads on your online account?

I got this promo yesterday and it doesn't seem right to me how my account it reading. It says my plan is:
Nationwide Talk & Text FS $85.80 ( 22% off of $110.00)
Plan Details
Monthly access charge:$85.80 ( 22% off of $110.00)Monthly allowance minutes:1400 general Per minute rate after allowance:$0.40 peak , $0.40 off-peak

Promotion details
22% ACCESS DISCOUNT
20% - FEATURE DISCOUNT

and then for my 2 secondary lines it shows:
Monthly Access 9.99
Plan Details Monthly access charge:$9.99Monthly allowance minutes:per minute rate after allowance:$0.40 peak , $0.40 off-peak

Promotion details

And all three show unlimitited data and web with mobile email.

Do I have the correct plan? Something seems off to me?

TIA

You know what, on second thought, it think it is correct. Didn't see the 29.99 data plan listed but it all works out.

I just got this yesterday so don't let them tell you it has expired. At first the rep told me that and she offered me the smartphones talk free promo but I told her I wasn't interested in that as it wouldn't save me enough money. This plan would allow me to add a smart phone to one of my lines and only pay $3 more per month.

She evenutally said she would check to see if she could possibly add this promo to my account but couldn't make any promises. She checked and told me that I didn't get the email and thought that was because the system is designed to save customers money, not increase their monthly bill. I just told her that a friend forwarded the email to me. She added it just fine.

She did tell me that if I change phones later on, it could knock the promo off my account but as long as the promo was still active, they would add it right back on. I told her I would take my chances. At this point I have my phone (incredible) and then 2 dumbphones. Saving available upgrade on secondary line to get one of the new phones that are dropping soon. One of the 2nd lines will soon get a smart phone.

Texstan

Reaction score
Too cool! I just called for the second time (yesterday was the first). I told the lady I was looking at this flyer about the new plan. There was no hesitation, no question of eligibility. She signed me up for the plan, and with my business discount, I'll be saving about $8 a month, plus have unlimited everything on all three lines!

Another interesting thing I learned: You can have up to 5 "family" members on the plan, each and additional $20 after the first two. The kicker is, they don't have to be in the same family, or even in the same city. So to maximize the value of the plan, it seems like I need to find two more "family" members!

Stan.

COSam

Reaction score
Tried for a 4th time this morning. Still no dice. The lady told me the promotion requires a contract extension and I already have a year and a half left on my contract. So frustrating. I am a college student on a family plan with my 2 brothers and our bill is $200 a month, before tax. None of us qualify for any employee discount. Under this promotion, we would save $40 a month.

Texstan

Reaction score
Tried for a 4th time this morning. Still no dice. The lady told me the promotion requires a contract extension and I already have a year and a half left on my contract. So frustrating. I am a college student on a family plan with my 2 brothers and our bill is $200 a month, before tax. None of us qualify for any employee discount. Under this promotion, we would save $40 a month.

Were they offering you the plan, and you didn't like the one-year contract extension part? Yes, they do require a contract extension, but I was probably going to have phones for at least another year anyway. The savings and extra features was worth it for me, even if the savings is only $8 a month. Saving $40 a month and getting more features seems like a slam dunk, even with the extension.

COSam

Reaction score
No they didn't offer it to me because their one year extension wouldn't apply to me since I have more than a year left on my current contract. I definitely would not mind extending my contract.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

soondolee

Reaction score
if you have more than year left on your contract you dont need to extend the contract with this new promo.

i got it withouth the hickups and my contract was 17 months left.

you should try until u get it....

COSam

Reaction score
if you have more than year left on your contract you dont need to extend the contract with this new promo.

Yeah I will keep trying. It would be a great deal for me. I would save $40 a month!

Big Dawg 23

Reaction score

Yeah I will keep trying. It would be a great deal for me. I would save $40 a month!

You need to try this approach. Call in and say "Cancel" it will get you to retention. Tell them you want the new unlimited plan. This should make things easier.

My friend called in with his contract still have 8 months left because he wanted a rate cut and an easier way for him to get a Smartphone. They unsolicited offered him the $139.99 for 1400 with Data and Txt/MSG. They even let him have a Fascinate and used his NE2. I was shocked by this. However, he did say he was going to drop in 30-60 days and move to Sprint to save money.

Alchemist945

Reaction score
Ok I talked to to a store manager yesterday my company does work for Verizon I was talking to him about this plan he said in the next few months its coming out for everyone it was on a trail period before to sfr how well it would take cause they need to keep up with the other carriers so if u keep trying and don't get it wait a month or maybe 2 and then just get it since then it will be out for all

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

scottsdca

Reaction score
Hey what was your bills total? I have the same plan with my mom and dad, with only me doing text and data, and 1400 minutes to share. My bill runs around 150, but they pay me 50 for their two phones. Would I save money? My mom wants to start doing text and would be nice for them having data too. Also I qualify for a new phone in July and my mom has an upgrade she could use now. Any help would be appreciated.

COSam

Reaction score
Hey what was your bills total? I have the same plan with my mom and dad, with only me doing text and data, and 1400 minutes to share. My bill runs around 150, but they pay me 50 for their two phones. Would I save money? My mom wants to start doing text and would be nice for them having data too. Also I qualify for a new phone in July and my mom has an upgrade she could use now. Any help would be appreciated.

I have 3 smartphones on a family share plan with 700 minutes, with unlimited texting. Total is $110, before data. Data is $30 per phone, additional $90. So our total is $200 a month for 700 minutes, unlimited texting and data on all 3 phones.

Under this promotion, we would pay $139.99 for unlimited texting, 1400 minutes and unlimited data for the first 2 phones, additional $20 for 3rd phone. So we would pay $160, $40 less than our current plan and we have double the minutes, and unlimited calling to 10 numbers under Friends and Family!

For you, it sounds like it would only bith worth it if one, or both, of your parents added data and/or unlimited texting.

Status
Not open for further replies.