New Unlimited Plan from Big Red?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrillMouster

Reaction score
Since signing up for this Talk and Text Plus Data Promotion I have been over billed every month and it has been a pain to get it straight. They apply the $20 discount to the data plan on the primary account, but not the secondary account.

The reps at VZW's main customer service number doesn't know anything about this promotion, cannot apply it to an account correctly, and cannot fix problems related to it. Rather than looking deeply into the situation to resolve the problem they make things up to explain why I'm wrong and why they are right. If you have problems with this promotion the only way to resolve it is to call the toll-free number that came with the promotion announcement.

Zecpull

Reaction score
Since signing up for this Talk and Text Plus Data Promotion I have been over billed every month and it has been a pain to get it straight. They apply the $20 discount to the data plan on the primary account, but not the secondary account.

The reps at VZW's main customer service number doesn't know anything about this promotion, cannot apply it to an account correctly, and cannot fix problems related to it. Rather than looking deeply into the situation to resolve the problem they make things up to explain why I'm wrong and why they are right. If you have problems with this promotion the only way to resolve it is to call the toll-free number that came with the promotion announcement.

Mine has been wrong 2 months in a row also ..they are Charging me for the 139-19.99 so it is 110.0 then figuring the discount from my employer. then they are charging me another 29.99 then taking off 20.. ..my other 2 lines figure out to about 22 after taxes.. But the Total..it over 160 for 3 lines.. and it is not right yet.

Mortiel

Reaction score
Customer Care doesn't know anything about the promo because it was a closed door Loyalty Dept offer. I manage a Care call center and we are not supposed to even know about it, but Loyalty still expects Care to fix it when it screws up. Sometimes different VZW internal departments don't get along too well because of things like that.

Device: Samsung SCH-I400 Continuum

4x4tx

Reaction score
That is how they bill it as explained to me over the phone

line 1 = 110 x (whatever corp discount you have, in my case 25%)
line 2 - 9.99 plus 19.98 which gives you the 139.99 number they advertise
line 3, 4, 5, 19.98 each
plus insurance coverage, in my case 5 lines x 7.99
gives me a total of 212.36 plus taxes...about what i was paying before this plan for 3 lines with only two smartphones....

Mine has been wrong 2 months in a row also ..they are Charging me for the 139-19.99 so it is 110.0 then figuring the discount from my employer. then they are charging me another 29.99 then taking off 20.. ..my other 2 lines figure out to about 22 after taxes.. But the Total..it over 160 for 3 lines.. and it is not right yet.

geoff5093

Reaction score
I have the single $69.99 plan and I haven't had any problems at all, they reimbursed me an additional $20 for the month I signed up, so my last bill with my 15% discount was only $47.

Alchemist945

Reaction score
Last time here people have to stop complaining about this in a month or so this plan will be out for everyone and cus care will know about it

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

Beka27

Reaction score
^^^It doesn't seem like anyone has really complained much over the last page or two so I'm not sure who this comment is meant for. Also, in my experience, VZW reps do not always know what promos are coming out, or they may think something is coming but it's still pure rumor until it's officially announced. For that reason, we have to take everything they say with a grain of salt. I would hate for people to miss out on this deal because ONE rep told ONE guy (you) that this deal will be available for everyone in a month. If you're right and in a month it's available... AWESOME! Until then, I think people should continue to try to get this added. There's no reason to complain if they can't get it... all they can do is try again and politely ask to speak with someone higher-up.

(I work in retail and when new sales and policies are coming out... we are ALWAYS the LAST to know... sometimes not until the VERY DAY something goes into effect.)

geoff5093

Reaction score
From what I heard from several reps was that this is a trial promo and it MAY become available for everyone.

Alchemist945

Reaction score
^^^It doesn't seem like anyone has really complained much over the last page or two so I'm not sure who this comment is meant for. Also, in my experience, VZW reps do not always know what promos are coming out, or they may think something is coming but it's still pure rumor until it's officially announced. For that reason, we have to take everything they say with a grain of salt. I would hate for people to miss out on this deal because ONE rep told ONE guy (you) that this deal will be available for everyone in a month. If you're right and in a month it's available... AWESOME! Until then, I think people should continue to try to get this added. There's no reason to complain if they can't get it... all they can do is try again and politely ask to speak with someone higher-up.

(I work in retail and when new sales and policies are coming out... we are ALWAYS the LAST to know... sometimes not until the VERY DAY something goes into effect.)

I have confirmed it with other store managers around Ohio that I service and some in pa they showed me the emails saying its someone out.
Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

BugginOuT

Reaction score
Got my first bill, it was $40 higher.

They forgot to apply the discount towards my bill and the rep was kind enough to credit $40 back to my account.

nwasquad

Reaction score
Did anyone try this recently that can claim it still works/is valid? I just tried calling for it today (via the number on the flyer) after getting a new smartphone yesterday and was told "the plan does not exist..."

My next step is to try calling again/multiple times if needed; and worst case scenario, ask to speak to a supervisor, but any other comments/suggestions/proof this is still valid would be appreciated. Thanks

Mortiel

Reaction score
Did anyone try this recently that can claim it still works/is valid? I just tried calling for it today (via the number on the flyer) after getting a new smartphone yesterday and was told "the plan does not exist..."

My next step is to try calling again/multiple times if needed; and worst case scenario, ask to speak to a supervisor, but any other comments/suggestions/proof this is still valid would be appreciated. Thanks

According to Verizon's Loyalty Dept, the Nationwide Talk and Text Plus Data Promo ends 31 January, 2011.

The Smartphones Talk Free Promo ends 30 January, 2011.

Device: Samsung SCH-I400 Continuum

Status
Not open for further replies.