New Unlimited Plan from Big Red?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortiel

Reaction score
Did anyone try this recently that can claim it still works/is valid? I just tried calling for it today (via the number on the flyer) after getting a new smartphone yesterday and was told "the plan does not exist..."

My next step is to try calling again/multiple times if needed; and worst case scenario, ask to speak to a supervisor, but any other comments/suggestions/proof this is still valid would be appreciated. Thanks

According to Verizon's Loyalty Dept, the Nationwide Talk and Text Plus Data Promo ends 31 January, 2011.

The Smartphones Talk Free Promo ends 30 January, 2011.

Device: Samsung SCH-I400 Continuum

EDIT: Make sure you get just call the Loyalty Dept. Verizon Customer Care largely knows little about it.

nwasquad

Reaction score
Did anyone try this recently that can claim it still works/is valid? I just tried calling for it today (via the number on the flyer) after getting a new smartphone yesterday and was told "the plan does not exist..."

My next step is to try calling again/multiple times if needed; and worst case scenario, ask to speak to a supervisor, but any other comments/suggestions/proof this is still valid would be appreciated. Thanks

According to Verizon's Loyalty Dept, the Nationwide Talk and Text Plus Data Promo ends 31 January, 2011.

EDIT: Make sure you get just call the Loyalty Dept. Verizon Customer Care largely knows little about it.

Sorry; not really sure what you meant with your first post. Would this qualify as the Nationwide Talk/Txt plan or the Smartphone Talk Free promo?

I'll try calling the Loyalty Dept tomorrow to see if I have better luck (I read about half the pages of this thread and found most people just called the flyer number so I tried that first)

Mortiel

Reaction score

Sorry; not really sure what you meant with your first post. Would this qualify as the Nationwide Talk/Txt plan or the Smartphone Talk Free promo?

I'll try calling the Loyalty Dept tomorrow to see if I have better luck (I read about half the pages of this thread and found most people just called the flyer number so I tried that first)

The Nationwide Talk and Text Plus Data Promo is the promo this thread is about... The $20 discount to unlimited data plan. This is offered through the Loyalty Dept, which is the number on the flier, however I have heard Telesales might be able to do it. Just call the number on the flier, tell them you will leave if you don't get it.

enchancea

Reaction score

I called today and they asked how I heard about it and I told them I seen it on here and they said I would have to receive an email to qualify but he went and checked all my lines anyway. He confirmed my email address and said I should be getting an email on that promotion soon and they plan on going public with it very soon anyway. I told him that if I could get in on this promotion that I would upgrade all my lines to smartphones and he told me I should definitely get an email soon regarding the promotion.

topdogg

Reaction score
I called today and was told that it was only for those who received the flyer. I then asked the Verizon rep if she knew what the criteria was to qualify, she said she was going to put me on hold to asked her manager. About a minute later she came back and told me that she was able to give me the offer. dancedroid: icon_ banana:

I don't save a huge amount but anything helps. The only real change on my plan is that both my lines now get unlimited sms/mms.

massivegunz

Reaction score
I got rejected and said I needed to have been invited by email. I'll try again and ask to speak to a supervisor. Is there anything else you guys think I should say on my next call?

topdogg

Reaction score
I got rejected and said I needed to have been invited by email. I'll try again and ask to speak to a supervisor. Is there anything else you guys think I should say on my next call?

How long have you been with Verizon? The person I spoke to said that since I have been with Verizon for over 7 Years her manager OK'd the offer.

enchancea

Reaction score
I called again and thought I got lucky because the lady was going along with it and then she put me on hold and told me I couldn't get it because it's only for people who had all of their lines up for upgrades and that all the phones needed to be smartphones. I'll try again tomorrow.

massivegunz

Reaction score

How long have you been with Verizon? The person I spoke to said that since I have been with Verizon for over 7 Years her manager OK'd the offer.

I been with Verizon since 2004 so around 6-7 years

Mortiel

Reaction score
I called again and thought I got lucky because the lady was going along with it and then she put me on hold and told me I couldn't get it because it's only for people who had all of their lines up for upgrades and that all the phones needed to be smartphones. I'll try again tomorrow.

This is false. You do not need smartphones. Just unlined data. Ask for the loyalty dept and threaten to disconnect if you don't get the promo.

mbkintner

Reaction score
I'm thinking about switching to Verizon from AT&T. Anyone think I'd have any luck getting this promotion as a new subscriber? I'd call and tell them I'd switch if I could get this.

Mortiel

Reaction score
I'm thinking about switching to Verizon from AT&T. Anyone think I'd have any luck getting this promotion as a new subscriber? I'd call and tell them I'd switch if I could get this.

Call 800-922-0204 and ask to be transferred to Telesales.

mbkintner

Reaction score

Could you elaborate please? What is Telesales and how will this get me the promotion?

Mortiel

Reaction score

Could you elaborate please? What is Telesales and how will this get me the promotion?

What you asked I answered. Telesales sells things over the phone... They are the only ones that can start up new service and have the ability to add that promo. A store can start you up, but then you'd have to call the Loyalty Dept to get the deal, and they will likely deny you.

To be honest, I would personally deny you from a manager stand point because this plan was designed to reward loyal customers.

Telesales, on the other hand, will do what they can to make the sale. That's why I said call them.

Reaction score
My wife and I started a plan and grabbed 2 Droid 2 Globals for $200 after MIR. 2 days later I called in and got this promotion on my first shot. Mention specifically that you switched to Verizon because you thought you would get this plan. It's an easy way for them to get you approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.