New Unlimited Plan from Big Red?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nothing0

Reaction score
Damn no edit button. Sorry I wasn't trying to be a smart a..

Typically when you buy a phone from other retailers, Verizon will still honor the warranty if the retailer purchased the equipment from Verizon, but you should probably go back to where you bought it if you have problems.

Sorry for going off topic..

missjamie

Reaction score
I just called on this promotion and they said my number didn't come up as a person that can qualify for this promotion. When I read the whole coupon, they gave it to me. They said they submitted this promotion via email.

473x15

Reaction score
Same here in ny i went straight to verizon store at 34st n they told that no idea about this promotion so then i called to the number that it was on the site and yes they told me something about getting an email i was like i don't really check my email then he say wait so he can check about this promotion and even him got surprise when he told me yes you are one of them soo i was like yeyyyy so now im paying 69.99 plus tax.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

FTT

Reaction score
I should also mention I currently have a work phone/plan with Verizon that is ending (switched jobs). Would I have better luck trying to get this deal by taking over my work plan account and trying to get this deal on that account, or by starting a new family plan on a new and separate contract so that I can also get the new phone rebates.

Hey all, long time reader, first time poster :)

I have a couple quick questions before I call and try to get this deal. I am a new customer so if I do get this deal, do I get the current phone promotions on big red's site? Another question: I already have two working smart phones (I have a Verizon work account and have two old blackberrys) so if I wanted to get this deal and start a family 1400 plan, can I use my two phones and hold the new customer phone credit for later use? I’d like to use my current phones and use the credit for when the Droid Bionic comes out. I only ask this because I’ve received contradicting answers from Verizon CSRs and would like to know if anyone here has done this.
Thanks!

FTT

Reaction score
I should also mention I currently have a work phone/plan with Verizon that is ending (switched jobs). Would I have better luck trying to get this deal by taking over my work plan account and trying to get this deal on that account, or by starting a new family plan on a new and separate contract so that I can also get the new phone rebates.

Hey all, long time reader, first time poster :)

I have a couple quick questions before I call and try to get this deal. I am a new customer so if I do get this deal, do I get the current phone promotions on big red's site? Another question: I already have two working smart phones (I have a Verizon work account and have two old blackberrys) so if I wanted to get this deal and start a family 1400 plan, can I use my two phones and hold the new customer phone credit for later use? I’d like to use my current phones and use the credit for when the Droid Bionic comes out. I only ask this because I’ve received contradicting answers from Verizon CSRs and would like to know if anyone here has done this.
Thanks!

FTT
It shouldn't really matter. I grabbed this plan two days after starting a brand new plan. It all depends on who answers your call. I simply told them I went with Verizon because I thought I would get this plan and they gave it to me. As for getting Verizons promotions, yes. My wife and I received two Droid 2 Globals for $200 total after $200 in rebates. If one of your blackberries are smart phones than you'll be able to switch to the plan without grabbing a new phone.

COSam

Reaction score
I have tried 3 times, no luck. The last 2 didn't even consider it. It was like they knew what I was going to ask before I even did! Bummer. This promotion would save me $40 a month. Currently have 3 phones, all with data, costing $200 a month. Ouch.

Texstan

Reaction score
Just tried calling the number on the flyer to sign up for the new plan. The gentleman said it was only available to the less than one percent of Verizon Wireless customers to whom they sent the flyer. I could not get the plan. He said Verizon would decide in the next day or two whether they are going to roll the plan out for everyone.:icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil:

milkmade

Reaction score
Try again, I was told no initially but then after some chitter chatter, the nice lady asked me if I wanted her to talk to her supervisor. I said yes please!!! I explained that I had been a long time loyal customer. It all worked out and now I have unlimited for about the same it was going to cost me for 1 150mb data plan!

Reaction score
Yeah, I was also told I am not qualified or something, and that only some people were chosen which is completely stupid and biased and segregation! Sue! Sue! Sue!

FTT

Reaction score
For all those who went for the Dell Mobility Droid X deal today, are you able to add work employee discounts to these contracts by calling in after your order through Dell? I've seen some sites require you to wait 6 months before the discount can be applied. I called in to Verizon and tried to get the unlimited family deal, fyi, and no luck yet. Will keep trying! :)

calidroid31

Reaction score
I was told the same thing when I first called a few month back but I called. again. the next day got turned down did it 5 times and finale got it after the 5th call first they said we don't have that plan then being nice to csr I ask to speak to a supervisor waited on the phone on hold for 25 mind then they transferd me to the promotion team and now I am saving 40 bucks on my bill

Sent from my DROIDX

Beka27

Reaction score
For all those who went for the Dell Mobility Droid X deal today, are you able to add work employee discounts to these contracts by calling in after your order through Dell? I've seen some sites require you to wait 6 months before the discount can be applied. I called in to Verizon and tried to get the unlimited family deal, fyi, and no luck yet. Will keep trying! :)

I don't believe you can make any changes with your plan for 6 months when you purchase thru 3rd party retailers. Be careful trying to get this discount, depending on what your contract says (you read every word, right?) they may charge you the full price of your phone.

DESERPENTOR

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid Turbo
Wow amazing

I would like to thank everyone for posting the info about this new plan. I called Verizon first thing this morning and they made the change for me I used to have only 700 mins now I have 1400 mins for 20 dollars less!

Status
Not open for further replies.