New Motorola Droid Update Available

leland

Reaction score
If I've unrooted the "hard way" (root any droid regardless of version instructions), will the update still unroot me? Or will it fail because I have clockwork installed?

Thanks!

HarshReality

Reaction score
Anybody hanging the original OTA UD for download.. I'd like to give it a look... As I understand there have been some under the hood battery optimizations.. gmail and twitter UI alterations. Thats about the whole of it.

lowboy

Reaction score
Just an FYI for everyone...

I accepted the OTA this morning and RM seems to have blocked it.
I got the RM triangle, and little android.:greendroid: Hit the power button and the list which said "update aborted" at the bottom of the list.
Rebooted and I'm back where I was before (FRG22D 2.2 rooted) Did not lose root.dancedroid

Now do I wait for Gingerbread or just load CM 6.1?

That's good. Hoping I don't have to reroot my daughter's phone after she accepted it earlier this week.
What Rom you running?

Baney27

Reaction score
ok, im rooted and i got the ota this morning. Hit update later, then tried to make a phone call, it would not go through. Then i tried to send a text, and it wouldnt go through, so i decided to update it. Of course it failed, so i pulled the battery, and rebooted. It loaded up normally, i went into about phone to try to update again, and it says my phone is currently up to date. The strange thing is, that i get email, can use apps such as twitter and my browser and everything, just CAN NOT

Baney27

Reaction score
Cannot make phone calls or text.....Help

ok, im on a rooted og original droid, running the black glass theme, and i got the ota this morning. Hit update later, then tried to make a phone call, it would not go through. Then i tried to send a text, and it wouldnt go through, so i decided to update it, thought maybe it was beacause of the update that the phone functions weren't working........... Of course it failed, so i pulled the battery, and rebooted. It loaded up normally, i went into about phone to try to update again, and it says my phone is currently up to date. The strange thing is, that i get email, can use apps such as twitter and my browser and everything, just CAN NOT make or receive phone calls, or send or receive text messages. When i go to about phone, again, it says it is up to date, and no updates are available, yet, i am still running 2.2. Any help is appreciated. Thank you

OyVOid

Reaction score
Yeah, Swype still works with this update. Just un-install Swype and re-install it again. That did the trick for me.

Exactly what I had to do.

I had to un-install and re-install a couple times before it work again. The first few times I got a error message about package being configured for another device.

The trick was to click on "Open" to go through the
registration info and licensing process. Third time was a charm apparently. But I am glad I got my Swype back. Best thing ever!

RenegadeX28

Reaction score
I have my Droid rooted, and I'm tired of seeing that notification to update. If I install this, will it erase my root?

uzeb

Reaction score
Nothing Happened

I got the update to 2.2.1 a couple of days ago but I didn't notice a difference. GMail interface, Market interface and the News and Weather interface looks the same. What happened?

OyVOid

Reaction score
How do I get SWYPE on the original Motorola Droid?

Unfortunately, Swype isn't on the market. You have to be an active Beta user to get their December update that was recently released.

But you can go to their website and register and they will notify when Beta re-opens again. Swype | Text Input for Screens

Don't know what happened. The link I typed in got changed to their meta tag. It's beta(dot)swype(dot)com

uzeb

Reaction score
I got the 2.2.1 update a couple of days age but the Market interface, GMail interface and the News & Weather interface looks the same as they always have. What happened?

cooltc2004

Reaction score
If I unroot my phone, do the update, then reroot, will my phone still be deodexed?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Swype still works with this update. Just un-install Swype and re-install it again. That did the trick for me.

Exactly what I had to do.

I had to un-install and re-install a couple times before it work again. The first few times I got a error message about package being configured for another device.

The trick was to click on "Open" to go through the
registration info and licensing process. Third time was a charm apparently. But I am glad I got my Swype back. Best thing ever!

I take it nobody read post #184; the one that immediately precedes the first question about if Swype works with the update. If you did the Swype update in November, all you need to do is clear the Data and run the installer. It'll say you need to generate a license and to press the "Generate License" button. A couple of seconds later Swype is back up (at least that's how long it took me to do that). No need to uninstall and reinstall.