New Motorola Droid Update Available

brunla

Reaction score
Still no fix for lagged home screen

You are kidding me right? A new update and they didn't fix the lag when you press home and have to sit there for up to 30 seconds?

This is a conspiracy to make you want to toss your phone in the garbage and get a newer model.

:(

trnscs

Reaction score
Anybody still able to use PDA-Net, paid version or otherwise, after updating? Thanks in advance!

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
One thing I noticed was when I used Swype for the first time since the update. Although it would type by pressing each letter it wouldn't, well, swype. I got a message that it was configured for another phone and would be limited in abilities.

While it's stopped swyping in the past, it generally cleared by selecting the stock keyboard, typing and re-selecting Swype. This time I fixed it by removing the data from Swype and then using the installer. It said I needed to generate the license and would I like to do so. I did and it worked after that.

bastosero

Reaction score
Yeah, Swype still works with this update. Just un-install Swype and re-install it again. That did the trick for me.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
well i guess all we can hope for is a gb port maybe?

Na, the OG Droid is not likely to see a GB SDK port, but WAY more likely to see a rom based off GB source. Just wait. I mean, an sdk port wouldn't be stable AT ALL anyway :p

jpeters6

Reaction score
well im all good with a rom or theme based on gb ;) i love the d1. this is the first phone i have ever had that i dont want to upgrade right when its time

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

lucky13s10

Reaction score
Anyone having issues downloading from market? And lags?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Freezetron

Reaction score
The new my verizon a major improvement over old version, easier to read and move around in. The data widget is pretty nifty to see on the fly how much bandwith your sucking up from vzw :) dialer doesn't seem too different and I don't see madden installed anywhere, not that I actually care.

So, when can I have gingerbread?

Sent from my DROIDX

SnoDrtRider

Reaction score
Just an FYI for everyone...

I accepted the OTA this morning and RM seems to have blocked it.
I got the RM triangle, and little android.:greendroid: Hit the power button and the list which said "update aborted" at the bottom of the list.
Rebooted and I'm back where I was before (FRG22D 2.2 rooted) Did not lose root.dancedroid

Now do I wait for Gingerbread or just load CM 6.1?

struong57

Reaction score
I just got the new update on my Motorola Droid 1 to version 2.2.1 FRG83D but I don't see anything different about my phone.

Does anyone know what this new update improves? This is not the Gingerbread update, right?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Josefius

Reaction score
Just got the OTA last night while I was playing Glow Puzzle, wow what a difference. My Droid runs so much better, can't wait for 2.3

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk